Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does State's inability to hold on to the ball have to..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,394

What does State's inability to hold on to the ball have to..

Dec 31, 2012, 2:11 PM

do with how bad the ACC is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News flash...

Dec 31, 2012, 2:14 PM

It's raining in Nashville today. I would imagine that has something to do with it...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Vanderbilt seems to hold onto the ball fine.

Dec 31, 2012, 2:26 PM

Not a good excuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Vanderbilt seems to hold onto the ball fine.

Dec 31, 2012, 2:30 PM

Must only be raining on NCS. I imagine Vandy's SEC speed makes them quick enough to avoid the rain.

State's players don't have SEC hands.***

Dec 31, 2012, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

There you go.***

Dec 31, 2012, 3:13 PM

its called nc state ran into a physical team..

Dec 31, 2012, 2:45 PM

its no coincidence that most every team int he sec is more physical than every team in the acc.

Re: its called nc state ran into a physical team..

Dec 31, 2012, 2:50 PM

Does this mean that every team in the ACC has
a bad S&C coach / program ?

(inquiring minds want to know)

Re: its called nc state ran into a physical team..

Dec 31, 2012, 2:56 PM

It does mean you are a loser hanging out on a Clemson message board. Good lord you people are obsessed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That, plus most everyone in the league is using PEDs.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:01 PM

It's the only way to compete in the SEC. Well, that and flagrant over-signing. And a lot of recruiting violations and major infractions. And a lot of lower academic requirements. That's about all I can think of right now.

Re: That, plus most everyone in the league is using PEDs.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:21 PM

Got to be it... All 12 (now 14) teams in the SEC
have basically gotten together at some point and agreed
that as a conference, they'd all Juice up the kids
in the sports programs.

At the same time, all the ACC teams have gotten together
at some point and decided that none of their teams or
programs will use roids no matter what. You guys make
it a point to have all the teams check for kids using
roids out of High school and if there's any evidence of
it whatsoever, you don't offer that kid, while the SEC
makes it a part of their recruiting process to specifically
sign kids who juice on a regular basis.

The cat's out of the bag now

I guess you haven't been keeping up with college football?

Dec 31, 2012, 4:00 PM

It's been written about a few times recently, and you'll continue to see a growing trend of stories coming out about college football and PEDs. It's getting like the NFL. You see stories every week. This guy or that guy getting suspended for PEDs. The usage is growing at every level, and in college testing is either limited or forewarned, too expensive, or sometimes just not done at all.

Looking (i.e. using eyes) at SEC teams, for one, there's no questions. It's quite noticeable to the naked eye that their teams are bigger than most. Alabama is gigantic. LSU and Alabama look like NFL teams. UGA players too. Basically everyone. Much different looking bodies than non-PED players. Even Vandy has that telltale certain cut, thick look since they brought in a new strength guy with Franklin. Scarolina started 4 years ago when Fitzgerald was brought in. His hand-picked replacement from his staff, Joe Connolly, has continued the same regimes since Fitz left for Penn State.

It started because Spurrier saw he could not compete week in and week out in the SEC otherwise. That, plus he was visibly frustrated by the physical pounding Swinney gave him in their first game. He referred to it several times during the postgame, and a couple weeks later he hired Fitzgerald. Your team's size and strength immediately improved. Now, just look at the huge weight gains from HS. It's good weight too, not calorie induced fat. Cut, lean muscle mass. Big, defined arms. Huge lower bodies. Look at the physical appearance (size and shape) differences when you play us now, just for instance.

You think it's just the exercise routines your guys do? There's some new competitive-based stuff out there, it helps, but that's not all there is to it.

You think it's just the players you've signed? It's not that you're signing kids who are naturally bigger and stronger than us. It's because you're growing them differently. Spurrier has been in the game for a long time. He is not naive. He knows he has no option if he wants to compete in a league where most everyone is doing it.

The SEC aren't the only ones. You can see a lot of teams taking on "the look". Big 12. Big 10. Even some mid-majors. And if the NCAA (or whoever ends up running college football) doesn't do something to fix it, then it will continue to grow across the entire country. It will be the only way you can hope to compete at the highest level. The highest level is where the money is, and today, it's all about the money. Just like the NFL.

That called horse feces.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:12 PM [ in reply to its called nc state ran into a physical team.. ]

Its called incompetent play by a few players on State's team, poor coaching and does not mean that the ACC or Clemson sux.

I just turned that game on a few minutes ago.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:16 PM

Who is even coaching NC State today?

Why even play the games?

Dec 31, 2012, 3:00 PM

You can just tell us who is better and we can save a lot of time.

Sometimes the better team loses due to turnovers etc.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:05 PM

Just saying. Vandy was favored I believe, but I think if it weren't for turnovers and stuff then the game may be a little different. That's football. Sports in general, really.

Better teams don't turn the ball over.

Dec 31, 2012, 3:25 PM

Last time I checked the turnovers actually count in the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, of course they're part of the game. I'm not trying

Dec 31, 2012, 4:06 PM

to exclude them, am I?

And, yeah, sometimes even the better team turns it over more. Vandy deserves credit, but I think NC State would have likely defeated them if they didn't turn it over 5 times.

Sometimes the better team loses. Sometimes it's turnovers, and sometimes it unusual occurrences on the field ("flukes"). All in all, sometimes the best team doesn't win the game. There are upsets. No big deal.

Everyone has their own metric for winning a game.

Dec 31, 2012, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Sometimes the better team loses due to turnovers etc. ]

If only we could all agree on a single metric to determine a winner.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,394
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic