Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is our backup playing when we are up by 17 in the first?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 801

Why is our backup playing when we are up by 17 in the first?

Sep 28, 2014, 11:02 AM

Deshaun is the starter. The coaches need to accept this fact. He is the leader this team needs. What kind of message are we sending by putting in Cole only up 17 in the first quarter with excellent field position? This is the time we need to be going for the jugular. Instead, we want to 'play quarterback controversy'. Cole is a great back up and we are going to need him if Deshaun ever goes down. But Deshaun is healthy and excelling. Stop ####### around or we will lose a game because of this. Pathetic coaching. Coaches need to grow up. If they continue to throw Cole in to #### around with a two touchdown lead, it will eventually bring us a loss. STOP ####### AROUND. WE WANT TO WIN!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a very sensible Post young man. Most likely you will

Sep 28, 2014, 11:08 AM

be called a Coot and thumbed down 10000 times for such an astute observation. Very frowned upon in these parts

Re: That is a very sensible Post young man. Most likely you will

Sep 28, 2014, 11:09 AM

lol thats alright. Just having my Sunday morning rant. I love my Tigers to death. I've been a member of this forum for almost 15 years. I love this team, and I don't want to see them blow a game because they want to mess around with "who" the starting quarterback is.

Go Tigers!

don't know if you're aware....

Sep 28, 2014, 11:13 AM

"tigerfanjack" has a former handle---marlborocountygamecock--if you're catching praise from him, you may want to consider the source.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't know if you're aware....

Sep 28, 2014, 11:14 AM

Most people here are morons. Not looking for praise. I rarely ever post or read here. Just wanted to rant this morning before NFL games.

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack

Sep 28, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to That is a very sensible Post young man. Most likely you will ]

sad life

Well shoot, I know this will fall on deaf ears.

Sep 28, 2014, 11:31 AM

The results of that play is worth more than a obstinate person will admit. Our kicker regained his composure. That might not seem like much now but it's something that could change the outcome of a game later in the season.

Our starting QB realized that he doesn't have a lifetime contract for the position and there is competition for QB. Did anyone consider that DW was being honest when he said he made some mistakes and had some work to do to get better?

If DW is subject to sit a series everybody else is on notice too. Get better or get left behind. I though that was Tnet's attitude toward coaches and players. Now that's all changed how?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1***

Sep 28, 2014, 11:36 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Well shoot, I know this will fall on deaf ears.

Sep 28, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Well shoot, I know this will fall on deaf ears. ]

I was thrilled to see our kicker gain back some confidence too. But this isn't a practice game. We are playing a team that almost beat us, and if they had a couple of the right bounces, they would have. And Deshaun is miles ahead of Cole. Even if Deshaun has stuff to work on, Cole wouldn't sniff Deshaun's ####### when it comes to every aspect of Quarterbacking on his best day.

People need to understand that we aren't about to just roll over every ACC team. Our team is so young and has a lot to learn. We need every win we can get, which means starting the better guy. And what is the point of letting DW know his job isn't secure when he is clearly the better guy? I thought the attitude was to play the better man, but I guess it's to prove to everyone that their job is never secure.

Also, answer this

Sep 28, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Well shoot, I know this will fall on deaf ears. ]

What did DW do to get pulled from the game? Should we have pulled out Sammy and CJ when they were having big games just to let them know their job isn't secure? This thinking is ridiculous, and if the coaches continue these antics it will eventually result in a loss.

50-35

Sep 28, 2014, 1:24 PM

get over it

Replies: 10
| visibility 801
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic