Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Found Clemson Ring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Found Clemson Ring

Aug 13, 2018, 1:06 PM

A user wanted us to post this on the site. It was found in Hartwell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

William Perry?

Jan 7, 2021, 12:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don't think he graduated in 2016***

Aug 13, 2018, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Found Clemson Ring

Aug 13, 2018, 1:25 PM

This is why I had my name engraved in my Citadel Class Ring. Our class was so small if anyone ever found it I should be pretty easy to track down (if they contacted the school).

This reminds me of a story that happened while I was there. One of my classmates grandfather graduated from the Citadel in (I think) the 1930's(?) When I was there, someone found a Citadel Class ring while shrimping in the marshes around Charleston. They pulled it up in their cast net. The only distinguishing markings were the year and a set of initials. They called the school and the school looked up the only member of that class that had those initials. So the school contacted him and said, "We think we have your ring." And he said, "No you don't. It's on my finger where it's been since I graduated." So a big mystery was born.

Well, this is where the story might have ended. During a class reunion, he started talking about the incident with some of his buddies and one of them remembered the rest of the story. It turns out that it was his original ring that he was presented on ring night. Apparently the ring wasn't sized properly, and a few weeks later, he lost the ring in the marsh while out boating. The members of his class took up a collection and bought him a new ring to replace his lost one. That was the ring he graduate with and had worn all of his life.

If I remember correctly, the found ring was donated to the Citadel library museum.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

They should contact the Alumni Association. They'll

Aug 13, 2018, 1:30 PM

look them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Probably won't find him if he graduated in 1916

Aug 13, 2018, 1:35 PM

Probably lost it before the lake was formed

That guy's taking the lazy, if not sleazy, way out

Aug 13, 2018, 1:59 PM

He already knows who the owner is. The ring has a name engraved in it. It's a recent graduate who doubtless has email, facebook, instagram, etc. All the finder has to do is contact the alumni association and they'd connect him with the ring's owner within a matter of hours. Instead, he's just kind of throwing it out into the universe that he has "someone's" name and challenging them to prove it's theirs, with no guarantee the owner will ever actually see the post. That's lazy at best.

I lost my ring once at work for a few hours--I had taken it off to wash my hands and left it on the sink. It wasn't until I sent a panicked company-wide email that a co-worker said he had it. Said he couldn't read the engraving and didn't know who it belonged to. It was a bull$h!t excuse. My guess is he'd already told someone he found it and no longer had plausible deniability once I sent the announcement. Never trusted him again.

Re: That guy's taking the lazy, if not sleazy, way out

Aug 13, 2018, 2:11 PM

I know a guy that went to Gaffney High school and when they graduated he and some guys went to Myrtle Beach and they rushed in the ocean to celebrate being there, when he came out he later noticed his ring was gone. 21 years later he was contacted by a teacher from Gaffney High school that found his ring in the sand and had looked up his initials and went through the trouble to find him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 2:40 PM

I was on the other end of a similar situation years ago. I had gone to NYC with Clemson's Model UN team and somehow we ended up with a suitcase that belonged to someone else at the conference. There was no name on the suitcase but luckily I found a class ring inside it with a name and a school (it was some school in upstate NY). It took several long distance phone calls (this was in the mid-90's, well before most people at Clemson had even heard of the WWW much less an internet browser) and quite a bit of persuasion to get the university just to give the person in question my information so she could contact me with an address. I did finally get it back to her, though.

Moral of the story is, when you *can* do more, you should...

Aug 13, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to That guy's taking the lazy, if not sleazy, way out ]

Correction: the person who found it is female, so change pronouns accordingly.

Re: Found Clemson Ring

Aug 13, 2018, 3:10 PM

My name inside is Herff Jones!! Then for some reason the put some other guys name and hometown in there too. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic