Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Falls To Kentucky In Music City Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Dec 29, 2006, 6:06 PM

Andre Woodson threw for three touchdowns and 300 yards as Kentucky surprised Clemson 28-20 in the Music City Bowl on Friday, the Wildcats' first postseason victory in 22 years. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

germa...... whoops.***

Dec 29, 2006, 6:18 PM

Re: Clemson Falls To Kentucky In Music City Bowl

Dec 29, 2006, 10:42 PM

Fire Bowden and hire Jim Grobe...

Right now!!!!***

Dec 29, 2006, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2006, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Falls To Kentucky In Music City Bowl ]

at least we know grobe would'nt let the team quit!

Re: Clemson Falls! Bring back Danny!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2006, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Falls To Kentucky In Music City Bowl ]

Agreed!!! In the end, Bowden is the one responsible for this team. Clemson has been so close too many times.... that is not how we should be playing. The talent is on the field and they need some fine tuning. Consistently running the ball up the middle or having Proctor hold on to it when rushed is ridiculous. So many times we lost yardage because he did not throw the ball out of bounds this year. Kicking--> pathetic. It is shameful for a top rate team to be losing these games. And to the players who do their job it is demoralizing. I think the commentator summed it up at half-time when he said- "did you see the side of that milk carton? the Clemson offense is missing!" Entirely too bad this is reality! (especially against a defense that was 118/119!!!)

Re:bring in anybody- TB is 37-27 in ACC!!! maybe Radio?

Dec 31, 2006, 9:17 AM

4 wins aganist weak teams. He has never really gotten a team ready to play. The wins came from the athelets on the field. What if we had a real coach not a pretty boy. A player said TB comments after the game was the loss belonged to the players. He nor the other coaches were not taking responsibilaty. He is too worried about his hair and how his tummy tuck looks after his surgey. We could sure use somebody like Danny again.

Re:Radiio mabey he will take responsibility for his mistakes

Jan 1, 2007, 3:11 PM

We have seen the worst in play calling. the offence is so predictable Tommy why do you call a pass when you are 2nd down and 3 to go for the first down? Why do you not play a back like Reggie that will give you postive yards every time? Why do you continue to play a kicker that because of missed field goals lost 3 games for the tigers Chad Dean I hope you are proud of your self. Coach Bowden you can save everyone the heart ache and quit you are not the coach we need! And for my final comment on behalf of all the fans that gather with us to chear on the tigers we apologize to C J Spiller he came to the tigers over the gators that are playing for a championship.

Bill Cower

Dec 30, 2006, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Falls To Kentucky In Music City Bowl ]

Fire Bowden and hire Bill Cower

Re: Bill Cower

Dec 31, 2006, 11:14 AM

Now that would be a man with passion. Intelligence and proven success, and the good old boy passion of Danny. Cower would definitely be a motivator and not simply pace the sidelines, picking his teeth.

Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories

Dec 30, 2006, 1:17 AM

Im thinking proctor maybe either a second or third round NFL draft pick and I wish him the best of luck for whatever pro team he plays for.

NFL!?!?! Proctor!?!?!? Lay off the crack pipe!

Dec 30, 2006, 2:08 AM

Re: Why would you disagree with that?

Dec 30, 2006, 2:49 AM

proctor has had the highest completion percentage in Clemson school history.

Dec 30, 2006, 3:37 AM

maybe that's b/c he only throws like 4 passes (sarcasm) per game...

Jad Dean for hiesman...opps...I mean #82(whoever the #### that is).

Dec 30, 2006, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would you disagree with that? ]

That is due to the 3 yard passing game!!!

null

Dec 31, 2006, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would you disagree with that? ]

because proctor sucks with a capital S.. he relied on the run and you stack the box and he folds like a cheap sheet!!

Dec 30, 2006, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

ha!ha!ha! he'll be lucky if his dad lets him play with the family during the thanksgiving hoildays!

Dec 30, 2006, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

That is absolute insanity. Will Proctor is more worried about being a pretty boy and doing shots at Esso. Take off! We had a Kentucky fan...KENTUCKY!!!!! that looked at me and said, "Your QB Sucks!" I would also like to nominate Bowden for the Bama job!

Dec 30, 2006, 4:40 PM

I agree with you!! Bowen cannot win at Clemson! We had 3 games that were give-me games this year. Take them away or add better teams, would we be at a bowl? It's time for Tommy to go back to high school ball. On better go on ESPN they seem to like x coaches that cannot win!!

null

Dec 30, 2006, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

I like Proctor but you will not see him in the NFL. Cannot throw the ball deep!!!!! Not a leader!!

null

Yeah, thanks. Thanks for NOTHING*******

Dec 30, 2006, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

Dec 30, 2006, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

You got to be kidding or a Coot !

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2006, 7:44 PM

or will himself??

Dec 31, 2006, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

Will Proctor Pro?? He sucked in College.. pro what Rodeo?

Jan 1, 2007, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks will proctor for all of the memories ]

Chad Dean and Proctor both need to go to canada to play ball

Dec 30, 2006, 7:11 AM

I was at the game, sitting right behind the Clemson bench. From near the beginning of the game I was telling anyone who would listen that we needed to run the ball. The first drive when Dean missed the field goal, we were driving by running the ball up the middle. They weren't stopping those running plays. But every time we had a good drive going, we would throw on short yardage, incomplete, kill the drive. It was driving me nuts. We averaged over 5 yards per carry. Then when the second half started, I thought the coaches figured that out. We were driving and killed the drive by passing when we should have been running.

I thought the Kentucky play calling was excellent. They used the screen to set up the long pass and it worked perfectly. I really feel like our play calling was horrible. We were just completely out coached. I wish we had Rich Rodriguez back. I think he was the last great play caller we had.

I also noticed something that gave me a clue as to why Proctor only seems comfortable throwing to Stuckey. When they were running pass drills before the game, if the pass wasn't right in the hands of the receivers, the receivers wouldn't even attempt to catch the ball. But even in practice Stuckey would go get the ball even if the pass wasn't that great. Lazy receivers is another reason we should have had 50 running attempts in the game. Davis and Spiller are IMHO much better athletes than Proctor and the receivers (except Stuckey) and giving them the ball would have given Clemson the victory.

No Comment!

Dec 30, 2006, 9:35 AM

"No Comment" was a resounding answer by most of the CU players even TDP. BC the players know where the blame falls, TB. I was a TB supporter, yes WAS. For those ELA majors, was past tense, like in the PAST. I am no longer now. I admire his discipline, family values, and Christian beliefs. But as a coach to take us to the next level, hew lacks a lot of desired. The one that spoke out, CJ was very frustrated. You think James Davis and CJ will conference with TB and RS, I would. They averaged over 5 yds a carry and only had 13 touches between them? TB said something on TigerIllus... about nothing needs to be reinvented or something along those lines. Two words (I can not say them) but you read my mind. We need a staff that will be consistently strong the entire season not just for 2/3 of it. How can a team go 7-1 to 8-5 (lost 4 out of the last 5 games, inconsistency of coaching? RS: why pass? Will can not throw a 5 yd slant on a dime much less a 20 yd hitch and go. "I thought he could throw it deep" RS. Will could not read a def. secondary of a junior high team. Are Reece, Harper, and Wade that bad? They could not be worse than Proctor. (Will = NFL, I have a better chance being drafted than he does. O line, where have you been? Are you telling me that the lose of Fry and Hunter was the backbone to the line blocking?
I am not through!
VK: CU had a top D in the country, then we hit VT, and CU went from great to defenseless. Kent, lead the SEC in passing, why not defend the pass first. How many pass plays did they score on? Was it 2 or 3?
Special Teams Jad Dead and Co. You have consistently missed fg, gave up great field position on every kick off. Jad went from a Groza finalist, to the worst pk in the world. WHY DID NOT THE COACHING STAFF SEE THIS AND FIX IT! Were they oblivious to the issue?
I do have comments, this was a wasted year. With the talent level we had and to have a lackluster finish is pathetic. I am still a CU fan, but SOMETHING MUST CHANGE.

Re: No Comment!

Dec 30, 2006, 10:54 AM

Great post!!!! I have really had a hard time with how I feel about TB. I too was a supporter and encouraged others to be as well, but not any more! Values are great, but there is no passion! What all this "It's all about Pride". Where is that? As we were sitting on the I-40 East parking lot last night for about an hour, I had a fellow Clemson fan approach my car, and we struck up a conversation about this very thing. Apparently this guy was a pastor in the Upstate area, and had very strong feelings about what a poor coaching situation we have. I don't like posting things like this b/c the players and recruiting are hurt by it, but it's got to stop somewhere, and things have to change. NO CHANGE, NO PROGRESS! That's purely idiotic to continue the same thing over and over and over, when it continues to fail...and then they expect different results. Get a new bag of tricks TB, or a new bag for yourself and get out of town.

Dec 30, 2006, 11:15 AM

I really like TB as a person and respect and admire him for his convictions. I have had him speak to my FCA group at my middle school and church. BUT as a great coach, he is good at best. We, CU fans were hoping when we signed Tommy, we were getting Bobby Bowden reincarnated in Tommy. We were mistaken. He is a good coach, he has taken us to a new level, but he can not take us any futher. We, CU football program has not reached it's potential. He has brought in excellent recruiting classes and outstanding talent, better than years past. But to do as one suggest: put for sale signs in his yard, humilate him, embarress him, call recruits, call iptay mem..., write letters to Terry Don, and etc... is idiotic. One must have no life outside CU football. I am huge fan and will wear my orange proudly, but something must change, coaches.

Dec 31, 2006, 8:32 AM

I don't want to get into the debate about coaches (yet). But I was sitting in the third row from the field on the 45 yard line, right behind the Clemson bench. I can tell you, there was NO sense of urgency or passion coming from our sideline. A couple of time Gaines Adams was trying to fire people up, but as we all know he was unfortunately almost always on the field the entire game. Before the game I was expecting to get a bird's eye view of players pumping each other up and coaches in player's faces demanding better performance and, well, urgency. The entire game the sideline felt more like everybody(with a few exceptions like Adams) was wandering around thinking about their dinner reservations for that evening. The most emotion I saw was guys consoling the walk-on kicker after he missed the extra point. I'm sure you wouldn't see that general daze on the sideline if Rich Rodriguez were standing there.

Dec 31, 2006, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: No Comment! ]

The sad thing is that we don't have to "humiliate" or "embarass him"...he's done that for himself. Recruits, IPTAY and Terry Don...same thing. TB has spoken volumes for all to see. HE STINKS! He does not need to be coaching here where expectations are high, and for now, the talent is deep. The University will now need to do damage control and show the country, recuits, faithful IPTAY members that this is not the type of football program we want to settle for...which is nothing more than mediocre.

3-5 against teams with winning record...

Jan 1, 2007, 8:51 PM

The defeat left Clemson 3-5 against teams with winning records in 2006.... Nuff Said.

We just weren't very good this year. Period.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: 3-5 against teams with winning record...

Jan 2, 2007, 9:22 PM

Yep the performance was mediocre, but we had the most overall talent of any Clemson team ever.

That's the sad part!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic