Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys...I could really use your support right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Guys...I could really use your support right now

Feb 26, 2016, 2:18 PM

As some of you know, I had knee reconstruction yesterday to repair a torn ACL as well as some meniscus damage. You guys were extremely supportive and I greatly appreciated all responses.

This morning my sister called me and told me she needed to talk. I could tell something was wrong because she is the most light hearted and easy going person you will ever meet. After practically drawing it out of her she finally broke down and told me...the cancer has returned. As her younger brother I was trying to be so strong for her but I broke down. I am not the type of person to be at a loss for words but I don't know what to do. My world has been completely turned upside down. She just beat this six months ago. Shes the strongest person I know and it looks like she doesn't have long left.

I know this is pathetic to post online but I can't drive and I can barely move. I just need to know somebody is out there...I feel so jaded and lost right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay strong for her as much as you can, even if the

Feb 26, 2016, 2:26 PM

situation seems down right now, there is hope. Prayers to you and your family that she can beat this again. Your positive energy will help her, even if she doesn't show it on the surface.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys...I could really use your support right now

Feb 26, 2016, 2:28 PM

Not pathetic at all. It's clear you have been through a lot in the past 6+ months and needing to know that there are others out there who empathize and support you is crucial. For what it's worth, I'm praying for you and for your sister and those in her life who are her support structure. May the grace, mercy, and comfort of the Lord be with you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 2:28 PM

Lil Sis 1 Cancer 0.
She beat it once, she'll beat it again.
Mom was in a similar situation a few years back.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out

Feb 26, 2016, 2:38 PM

My faith is really being tested right now. I just don't understand. I don't see how this is doing anybody any good. Im sorry to hear about your mom.

Again, thanks for your response. I know I'm all over the place I'm just looking for something to grab a hold of.

Re: Thanks to everyone for reaching out

Feb 26, 2016, 3:07 PM

looking for something to hang on to? Proverbs 3: 5-6 Will be praying for you and your sister. Stay strong.

Stay strong. The only thing that help going forward is

Feb 26, 2016, 2:58 PM

positive thoughts and energy, prayers, and God's will. Your sister sounds tough. I'll be rooting for her fight. I'm so sorry about this news.

Re: Stay strong. The only thing that help going forward is

Feb 26, 2016, 3:03 PM

Prayer is the strongest force on Earth and you have plenty of that. Faith and hope will secure you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers your way!***

Feb 26, 2016, 3:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Thoughts and prayers with sis & you DW4H.***

Feb 26, 2016, 3:19 PM

Feb 26, 2016, 3:19 PM

The Lord is watching over you and your sister. Despite the circumstance the one certainty is that he knows your future, and especially your sister's. I am praying for you both as I just minor knee surgery and recovery takes patience. Your sister beat cancer once and with God's grace she can overcome again. Keep us posted.

Feb 26, 2016, 10:15 PM

Just woke up from a long nap to your posts. Thank you all for the encouragement. Been a heck of a day emotionally.

Feb 26, 2016, 3:50 PM

My prayers for you and your sister.Stay strong

That sucks....***

Feb 26, 2016, 3:59 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 4:09 PM

There is no weakness in sharing your feelings. I will keep you in my prayers.

DW4H...I really feel for you and your sister...sometimes

Feb 26, 2016, 5:43 PM

when you don't know what to say, it's just best to tell her "I just don't know what to say now other than I love you and I'm here to help in any way that I can". She just needs to know that althoughI am sure that she already does. We went through this with my wife sister a couple of years ago and one of my best friend in the past couple of years. I really think they like being treated just as normally as possible. Your sister and you will be in my prayers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My consolation when a loved one is suffering is...

Feb 26, 2016, 5:54 PM

that I know that I know God loves them more than I. I'm sorry for the pain your family is going through. You have my prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im so sorry to hear that...

Feb 26, 2016, 6:16 PM

I can't imagine what your family is going through. Know that I will be praying for you and that this thing IS possible to beat. Attack this thing from every possible angle. Be sure to explore CAM medicine. You may need to help give your sister strength and a positive outlook...though I know it is tough. Again I'm really sorry to hear.

Feb 26, 2016, 6:25 PM

Prayers for you and your family. Having gone through this with sister in law and breast cancer it may be harder to fight this time, but it can be beat. Positive and uplifting thoughts and prayers for you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I'm certain all of us join in expressing our sincerest

Feb 26, 2016, 8:25 PM

best wishes for you, your sister and your family, as you go through these trying times.

Further, as difficult as it may have been to inform us, we appreciate your confidence and will keep you in our thoughts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2016, 8:44 PM

Prayers sent to you, your sister and all the family members.

Prayers do work, but sometimes there bumpy roads.

Trust in God and you will get thru it.

Just look at the kind thoughts people on here are saying that don't

even know you.

Love ya

God Bless you and your sister.

Message was edited by: retired®

Message was edited by: retired®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 26, 2016, 8:47 PM

Thanks for sharing and a speedy recovery for you and your sister. We All have trials daily. Some are tougher than other, but leaning on others is a sign of strength in numbers. We use our trials to help others. That is the glory of the Lord's being shared. Peace be with you and your family. How far do you live from your sister?

Feb 26, 2016, 9:16 PM

Prayers sent to your sister and you. May God bless.

Sorry about the difficulties sir

Feb 3, 2022, 5:29 PM

with you and your sister; hoping and praying
for recovery. When we get through tough times,
it makes us stronger. But we know the hard part
is getting through them when sometimes its seems
like they just keep coming. Pray for perseverance
and know that people are thinking about you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there, friend.***

Feb 26, 2016, 10:27 PM

Feb 27, 2016, 1:36 AM

I just wanted to let you know you and your sister will be added to my Prayer List. I know GOD'S POWÈR as I have a little boy who has been healed, PRAISE GOD, of 2 brain tumors. GOD tells us we are created in HIS IMAGE and for HIS pleasure, that's powerful! GOD could have created a billion robots to worship HIM, but HE gave us one of the most godlike qualities I can think of, free will. Most of us choose to be our own little gods or more like our own little devils, however I feel GOD wants us to acknowledge HIS LORDSHIP and sovereinty in our lives. HE'S our FATHER, and just like a loving father, HE desires to bless his children.

GOD doesn't tell us bad things will not happen to us because, I feel, us humans have gone contrary to GOD'S guidance since Adam and Eve and the compounding effect of all of tbose years of disobedience leaves us with our world today. But we have this assurance in Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love GOD, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I would encourage you to pray about fasting as well, however, if GOD leads you to fast, please be sure to keep it as it is a vow to GOD and GOD would rather us not vow at all rather than make a vow and break it. I have broken vows to GOD and suffered the consequences. Please know this, GOD'S WORD is true.

GOD'S WORD says in Matthew Chapter 18 Verse 18-20 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father whiich is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

GOD doesn't want us to be anxious, and trust me I worry about a lot, but he wants us to give thanks during our trials as I believe it demonstrates our faith in HIM. Once again, your sister is in my prayers as well as you. May our LORD JESUS CHRIST bless you!

Feb 27, 2016, 8:27 AM

Don't you ever apologize for loving your sister! Your emotions, and hers, are normal and honest. No apology needed. You just showed her how much you love her. You and your sister and family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. Hope you are both feeling lots of love from your Clemson family! God bless.

Will definitely continue to pray for your sister and your entire family!

Feb 27, 2016, 10:06 AM

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Thoughts and Prayers Buddy

Feb 27, 2016, 10:10 AM

GOD BLESS

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Far from pathetic

Feb 27, 2016, 10:24 AM

Thinking and praying for you and your sister.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 27, 2016, 11:33 AM

Prayers for you and your sister!

Prayers sent.***

Feb 27, 2016, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2016, 1:51 PM

My heart goes out to you & your sister.Prayers for you.You wanted something to hold onto. Reach out & grab hold of the Lord. He is the merciful God. God bless you both.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2016, 9:05 PM

SO sorry. Just be there. You won't regret any moment you spend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers have been sent...***

Feb 27, 2016, 11:11 PM

She sounds like a great big sister

Feb 27, 2016, 11:19 PM

Be sure she knows you feel lucky to be her little brother. My little brother (49 yrs old) had a large cancerous growth removed from his chest last year. He is my main man. So far no return. Support her all you can and pray the fickle cancer disappears. Hope & prayers are with you and your sister.

Prayers on the way for you and your dear sister.***

Feb 28, 2016, 12:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2016, 1:04 PM

Praying for you and like others have stated she beat it once she can do it again.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic