Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jayhawk Fan Here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Jayhawk Fan Here

May 24, 2012, 7:13 PM

Hello Clemson fans, first, just want to say that I have been talking with Clemson fans the last couple of weeks on various message boards and I gotta say, you guys are a pretty cool bunch. I dont follow much ACC football and really didnt know anything about Clemson until recently and Im really surprised at how passionate you guys are. Really took me off guard for an ACC team.

Anyway, this sounds suspiciously familiar to me. "Committed to [schools] athletics." is the part that really got me. Yeah, the Bot was basically signalling for an invite (though someone should tell him that the Big 12 cant approach them officially, lawsuits and all) but the non-committal to the ACC was really telling.

I have gathered that Clemson fans are not particularly happy with their current situation. I am also gathering this from Florida State fans. Both seem to WANT to move (for the most part, there are some in both camps that want to stay which is cool, better the devil you know than the devil you don't, right?). Most of us would like to go to 12 IF the right teams are added. Not just markets and football prestige, but also teams that WANT to be in the conference. West Virginia and TCU fans have been overwhelmingly excited about joining the Big 12 and I would like to see us add 2 more that also show such enthusiasm.

This is why I want Clemson and FSU. Both fan bases have been terrific. Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Miami seem to look down on the Big 12 and I get the feeling that if they came they would not want to be there but had no choice. I dont want to give them the choice.

Fan pressure got A&M out of the Big 12, you guys put pressure on your BOT and you will get out. I promise.

Whatever happens, I have really enjoyed getting to know about Clemson and interact with a lot of your fans. Usually don't venture out of Big 12 country message boards, but Im certainly glad I have gotten the opportunity to get to know some of your posters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for visiting. At this point we are hopeful.***

May 24, 2012, 7:16 PM

null

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for visiting. At this point we are hopefull.***

May 24, 2012, 7:19 PM

^^^^^^This guy's spelling does not represent the majority of Clemson's fanbase ;)

^^^this guy is a nerd^^^***

May 24, 2012, 7:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^this guy is a nerd^^^***

May 24, 2012, 9:13 PM

Stay classy!

yeah cause calling someone out for misspelling a word is

May 24, 2012, 9:23 PM

classy. Stay I mean get a clue

May 25, 2012, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^this guy is a nerd^^^*** ]

I agree. He's not a Coot. LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2012, 9:15 PM [ in reply to ^^^this guy is a nerd^^^*** ]

Stay classy!

Re: Thanks for visiting. At this point we are hopefull.***

May 24, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks for visiting. At this point we are hopefull.*** ]

Do you see what he did there??? lol

Re: Jayhawk Fan Here

May 24, 2012, 7:24 PM

If you think this has been fun wait until you come to Death Valley and tailgate with us! You will finally get to eat "real" bbq! Thanks for the post. We are ready to join!

BIGXII! I'm ALL IN!

Maybe he can bring some of those prarie chickens and we can

May 24, 2012, 9:39 PM

smoke'em......

Hardest part is finding rolling paper that size ... Prairie

May 25, 2012, 6:12 AM

chickens is BIG !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If we do move to big 12 we look forward

May 24, 2012, 7:25 PM

to annual beat down of Kansas. ;)

Re: If we do move to big 12 we look forward

May 24, 2012, 7:34 PM

"to annual beat down of Kansas. ;) "

Well I don't expect Kansas to win very often in football. I love it and all, and I love the Jayhawks, but I also know where we are on the pecking order. Pretty low. Football is my first love so I have to be one hell of a passionate fan to keep tuning in to what we have put out there lately.

We're what you might call a basketball school that really wants to be good at football. I dont know how the Tarholes or Puke fans are but Kansans really do love football and we really want to be good. We just aren't.

Re: If we do move to big 12 we look forward

May 24, 2012, 7:46 PM

Charlie will fix you...sooner or later, look what he did for Notre Dame!

You were pretty good under Mangino

May 24, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If we do move to big 12 we look forward ]

Should have never fired him

Great post!

You seem to get it. We are VERY passionate about our sports and most of us are ready to get out of the ACC for various reasons. You also hit the nail on the head saying "This is why I want Clemson and FSU. Both fan bases have been terrific. Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Miami seem to look down on the Big 12 and I get the feeling that if they came they would not want to be there but had no choice".Hopefully we be talking as Big XII members soon.

Thanks for the kind words - it's always good to hear from a Kansas State fan. You guys will be fun to play. Bill Snyder is really a great coach.

:) You know I'm just messing with you - right? lol

May 24, 2012, 7:26 PM

Death Valley looks tremendous and I've heard great things about how visiting fans are treated.

I've been to nearly every stadium in the Big 12 (except Iowa State) and most are terrific, but OU's is the best atmosphere I have ever been to and Death Valley looks every bit as good as that.

when we get there, make a point to come to Death Valley

May 24, 2012, 7:32 PM

for a ball game.

I certainly plan to go to Phog Allen Fieldhouse for a game.....

this is a sample of the Death Valley experience......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLt6VPudwk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLCF7A03F93DA8116C

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang dude, I really wish you hadn't posted that video link

May 24, 2012, 8:20 PM

Because it makes me want to be in the stadium RIGHT NOW NOW NOW NOW. Football season is too far away.

May 24, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Jayhawk Fan Here ]

Bring earplugs!

May 24, 2012, 7:33 PM

Thanks for stopping by the board. I think if you get the chance to stop by Clemson for a game you will find our fans to be some of the most hospitable around. Other than during the game itself, most of us take pride in being friendly to the opposing team's fans and welcoming them to our campus.

^^^^What he said^^^

May 24, 2012, 7:51 PM

Come on over!

May 24, 2012, 7:43 PM

For a " ACC School "???????

Get something straight there jayhawk.

We fill the valley with about 85k strong.

WE ARE CLEMSON..... and when we travel out to Kansas.....we will be the home team.

now then..........

May 24, 2012, 7:45 PM

"WE ARE CLEMSON..... and when we travel out to Kansas.....we will be the home team."

To be fair, most teams that come to Kansas are usually the "home team".

:(

I just meant I dont look at the ACC and think "football". Even though I know Miami has cheated its way to some National Titles, and FSU was terrific under Bowden. The only thing I really knew about Clemson was that they had a paw for a logo, and were orange. I didnt even know they were in South Carolina until about 2 months ago. The only other ACC football team I knew anything about was Va Tech because we beat them in the Orange Bowl what seems like 20 years ago but was only 4 years ago.

just roughing you up a little....

go easy young jayhawk

I must say I was talking to my son about the possible changes with us going to the big 12. We talked about how it would affect our football and he asked about basketball and it was then I realized we could actually see our tigers play at Kansas.....rock chalk. That has gotta be cool to witness.

We welcome Jayhawk Fan to our board

May 24, 2012, 7:49 PM

Pretty cool article that you have written. We appreciate your support and yes we do want to get out of the basketball conference. We shall let our voice be heard to whomever until we get out of this conference. I believe it is affecting our recruitment and we are becoming a fifth or a six overall football conference.

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Great post and we would welcome a great football rivalry!

May 24, 2012, 8:34 PM

I know many KS folks and love that part of the country. Hope this works out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

hey 76 Jayhawk...you are so much more intelligent than Çoots

May 24, 2012, 9:08 PM

that come onto our board (that's South Carolina Gamecocks for an outsider)...and it would be refreshing to meet new college football fans out on the trail (like: when we "may soon" play each other home & away).

Oh, yes Clemson does have a little more history than you would expect especially with John Heisman being our coach from 1900-03 and then the boys from Bama coming up too (Frank Howard, Charlie Pell, Danny Ford & now Dabo Swinney)...so don't count us out for being red-neck diehards for smash-mouth football...for we are very vocal & passionate for our Orange clad team with the famous PAW logo...and the 85,000 seat stadium known as Death Valley with the Hill where the team runs down onto the field through band playing Tiger Rag.

C U soon hopefully...and Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hey 76 Jayhawk...you are so much more intelligent than Çoots

May 24, 2012, 9:11 PM

Well I've never been one to go to someone elses house and #### in their cheerios.

Unless its a Mootard. This might be a drawback to you joining, eventually you will have to go through Missouri. I don't wish that on anyone :)

Hi Jayhawk---Welcome!! Thank you for the good post. Hope

May 24, 2012, 9:34 PM

things work out for us in Big XII.Please stay with us thru the process - nice to get your perspective. AND definitely plan a trip to Death Valley. Good old southern hospitality!

It is going to be a long drive to Lawrence...

May 24, 2012, 9:39 PM

Kansas is actually one of the only states that I have never visited.

I'm guessing that Clemson fans would be the right kind of folk to help you know "...Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!"

:)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Welcome. Hopefully we'll be fellow conference members soon!***

May 24, 2012, 9:49 PM

May 24, 2012, 9:50 PM

Rock Chalk KU 76. I graduated KU Law '74. Have been living in South Carolina for 20+ years. The passion for football in the south is beyond description. Fans are knowledgeable and devoted. I follow Clemson and South Carolina. They hate each other like we hate Missouri. Frankly Clemson needs to get into a tougher football conference. Too many weak sister schools.

You will love the Clemson campus and stadium. The Clemson campus reminds me of Mt Oread, Jayhawk Blvd and the football stadium down the hill. One big difference Death Valley holds 80,000 fans. Clemson has a hill leading into the stadium so does KU.... After they our fans come to Clelsi. They might adopt a CU tradition... The players run into the stadium. Cool entry

May 25, 2012, 11:47 PM

Great post! Welcome to TNET. When you have the opportunity to come to a game..try to add some extra days for a little sight seeing and recreation...take a look at Google map/images. Surrounded by Lake Hartwell, and in less than 45 minutes, you can be driving in the mountains. It was a great weekend getaway for a day-trip, when you wanted to get away from the books. LOVE that area!
Grew up in SC, lived in Missouri, had family in Kansas, and have lived in Texas since the '90's. Looking forward to driving to some Clemson games out here, in Big12 country. I get together with the local Dallas Clemson group.

When I lived in Missouri, they just didn't seem to get it.
Although, I did live there during the World Series, when Ozzie Smith was on the team.. that generated some local excitement.

GO TIGERS!!!

May 26, 2012, 1:26 AM

You lived in Missouri?

My sincerest condolences :D I would not wish that upon anyone.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic