Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Dabo previews N.C. State, updates injury situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Dabo previews N.C. State, updates injury situation

Sep 17, 2013, 12:55 PM

Dabo previews N.C. State, updates injury situation

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney previewed Thursday's matchup with N.C. State Tuesday during his weekly press conference. What does he say about Charone Peake's surgery? What does he say about Mackensie Alexander? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is absolutely right....

Sep 17, 2013, 1:24 PM

about all freshmen going through a transition phase.

Although a different sport, the point still resonates. I remember my first season playing soccer at Clemson.

In high school, you're one in a handful of legitimate collegiate prospects surrounded primarily by teammates who will probably never have the opportunity to play collegiately.

Once you get to the collegiate level, the speed of the players and the pace of the game is a stark contrast to the high school game. You go from being one of the best players on your team, in your conference, and/or in your state, to being surrponded by players who are all just as good if not better than you.

It's incredibly eye-opening and it does take some time to adjust.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I am not worried about NCSU

Sep 17, 2013, 1:41 PM

Two years ago and this was a different team. Everyone talks about the two hires Dabo made in chad Morris and Bret venables but Caldwell has done a hell of a job!

When Philip price went down we did not have anyone that could match his intensity. That is no longer the case. This staff has brought this team to a new level. This game will not be close and will be a statement game for the tigers.

We are finally deep on both sides of the lines and our skill positions speak for themselves... Peak was a big loss but we will be more than fine!

I usually don't post because I don't feel like I have a lot to say but I feel strong about this and I think DABO has created something special... This will be a great year for the tiger nation!

Of course this is my humble opinion!
: )

Go Tigers!

Re: I am not worried about NCSU

Sep 17, 2013, 8:21 PM

You might want to post more often. This was a well thought out opinion and one that I share. I think this team is much deeper with quality players, especially on the OL where we have been sorely lacking for way too long. That is not the case now. I think we have turned a corner, and the focus and purpose this team shows is very commendable. A lot of people are doing their jobs in Clemson's FB organization.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the props.... will try to do so!***

Sep 17, 2013, 11:31 PM

Re: Thanks for the props.... will try to do so!***

Sep 18, 2013, 9:42 AM

We will notice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not worried about NCSU

Sep 17, 2013, 9:29 PM [ in reply to I am not worried about NCSU ]

I think you're right!

I'm not worried about NCSU

Sep 17, 2013, 7:19 PM

Perfectly stated Aikitiger. I agree 100%.

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Re: I'm not worried about NCSU

Sep 17, 2013, 8:21 PM

And so do I!

Sep 17, 2013, 8:57 PM

I do hope you guys are right, but it scares the he## out of me to hear this kind of talk before a key game.

Sep 17, 2013, 11:05 PM

Have you heard any of the current players or coaches talking this way? No, I didn't think so. They are strictly business, and that's why we are talking. We can be any way we want, but the players have to focus and take care of the business at hand, and they seem to be very focused on doing just that, IMO. By the way, I am focused and concerned about every team we play. There are very few teams that are not capable of stringing several successful plays together that can result in a win for them. All are important.

You are exaclty right! That is why I am a fan and have no

Sep 17, 2013, 11:43 PM

business being a coach... nor do I have any business being a Clemson Tom.

I do not disrespect NCSU. They have had some great statement games the last two years.

I just believe this years Tiger's team, Coaches to players are focused like have not seen in years.

Re: You are exaclty right! That is why I am a fan and have no

Sep 18, 2013, 9:41 AM

Well said. I agree with the focus and the purpose this Tiger program seems to have now. I look forward to a business like, methodical game that I believe we win, and we may just win it handily. I do fully expect NCSU to play a great game, too, but they don't have the horses like ugay has, and we do.

It's understandable but when you have been...

Sep 17, 2013, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not worried about NCSU ]

all into the tigers for 36 yrs or anytime close to that you have seen what drives the special teams.

I miss the Danny Ford years but I excited about what this crew is going to be doing in the future.

Talk to anyone in the know and you will understand this is a different Clemson!

Florida State does not know what they are coming into! I will give props to their new QB and we will really have a lot to deal with in the near future with him but he will have his Freshman awakening in Death Valley.

We go all the way to Cockroach stadium and after the mental nerves settle we will handle business. This team is as good as any in the nation at this point in the season.

Barring any multiple/major injuries on the lines, we are good. A lot of players are going to show out this week. And it does not end there!

Again, this is my two cents! : )

Go Tigers!!!!!!

Sounds like we're playing Vince Lombardi's Packers.***

Sep 18, 2013, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic