Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks Tourism...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,443

Thanks Tourism...

Jun 30, 2020, 2:17 AM

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/coronavirus-update-global-covid-19-case-tally-tops-10-million-and-florida-south-carolina-and-nevada-set-daily-records-2020-06-29

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Tourism...

Jun 30, 2020, 2:57 AM

Seems like the deaths are way way down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2020, 3:19 AM

Hope it stays that way, but not likely.
We’ll have better data in 2-3 weeks. https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/06/29/dhec-announces-covid-cases-sc-new-cases-horry-county/

Jun 30, 2020, 4:05 AM

There is no preventing the spread of disease. You probably going to get it at some time. It maybe now or three years, but eventually you will get it. Hopefully, you get over it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Jun 30, 2020, 6:30 AM

just go outside and you will see why its spreading here. few are wearing masks. few are making an effort to social distance. men, you are the majority of the problem. i know you feel its not masculine to wear your mask. if you dont, i hope you sleep well knowing you gave it to your wife, sister, mother, children, etc

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Myrtle Beach and the coastal areas are the hot spots in the

Jun 30, 2020, 7:48 AM

state, so it is likely tourism driven. And it isn't all locals. The parking lots are filled with Ohio, New York and New Jersey plates.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Myrtle Beach and the coastal areas are the hot spots in the

Jun 30, 2020, 8:34 AM

theres almost nothing positive that comes from a visit from a bunch of Yankees

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Myrtle Beach and the coastal areas are the hot spots in the

Jun 30, 2020, 9:28 AM

Yankees are like hemorrhoids. They're a pain in the a$$ and they won't go back where they belong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

$$$$$$$$$?????***

Jun 30, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Myrtle Beach and the coastal areas are the hot spots in the ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Jun 30, 2020, 7:49 AM [ in reply to no ]

He's 100% correct.

A chief medical officer friend of mine said if we had simply shut South Carolina down to tourists from highly effected areas of the country (NY,NJ,PA,ATL, etc...) we'd be in the clear right now. Masks have a very limited effect.

Stop being a know-nothing know it all. People like you are part of the problem.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Exactly

Jun 30, 2020, 9:56 AM

Greenville County beaches haven't been open in several million years and last I checked, I-95 heavily choked with cars from the Yankee north, is no where close to the Upstate. Nonetheless Greenville County is #1 in the state with cases, by far. There were plenty of cases in our native SC population already and with young folks congregating, the number of cases is on the rise. I'm sure having lots of tourists from all over doesn't help, but closing the state to tourism would not have solved the problem. Arkansas and Missouri, not on your usual suspects list for tourism, are experiencing a big rise in COVID-19 infections.

Re: Not Exactly

Jun 30, 2020, 3:54 PM

Take a look.

https://twitter.com/montaga/status/1258098052935499777?fbclid=IwAR2vCcZtVG8Xj7VB9rVzpRuXsaPyUAlvTmpYbYW2bYIWPyytw3ptXAVzwOs

Conventional wisdom indicates that wearing masks has very little to do with it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,443
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic