Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks FFRF - this publicity will be great for us!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 753

Thanks FFRF - this publicity will be great for us!

Apr 17, 2014, 8:13 PM

Personally, I think we should have a clear separation between church and state. I don't care what the constitution says about it, or what anybody thinks it says. That's my opinion and my belief. Having said that, I respect Dabo's strong faith and the very public way in which he lives it. I don't think he should, in his role as coach and while "on the clock", in any way promote his religion or personal religious beliefs, or allow an environment to exist in which any player with different beliefs could reasonably feel uncomfortable or like an outsider. For some, that may sound like a bit of a contradiction, but to me it's very simple. Anyway, I'm not here to debate all of that, and I won't in this thread; I just want you to know where I'm coming from.

We couldn't have paid for better publicity. I'm sure all players who come to Clemson already know about Dabo's faith and the role it plays in his role as coach, and we're doing pretty good recruiting-wise now. All of this brouhaha won't do anything to discourage any future recruits of the same ilk; in fact, it will only attract more. I also think that as this gives broader exposure to Dabo and his program, more people will see, people from diverse backgrounds who normally wouldn't see, what kind of man Dabo is and what he is about. I see that as a huge win for Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thanks FFRF - this publicity will be great for us!

Apr 17, 2014, 8:18 PM

Like I said earlier this is great pr for Dabo and company. This will only help him with future moms and dads imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 8:36 PM

I know the old saying that any publicity is good but if it is going to be good for us why is every other article on here about how bad it is and everybody upset about it?

Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 PM

Not sure about that but I'm sure a lot of recruits parents in the south will love this.

Replies: 3
| visibility 753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic