Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCDN decided I needed to go for some reason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

ACCDN decided I needed to go for some reason

Sep 16, 2016, 9:37 PM

The last time Clemson was going undefeated (and eventually won the 1981 national championship) the NCAA started digging for dirt on Clemson and found it. It happens because of the good ole boy system. They don't like unknowns coming outta nowhere to challenge their favored elite so they try to slow or shut them down if they can. The current ACC commissioner was a UNC alumn and was part of a group that went after Clemson and imposed a 2 year ACC extension to their 1 year NCAA suspension for assistant coaches rules violations in order to keep Clemson from becoming a national powerhouse in football. I'm wondering if the same thing is happening now. They feel threatened by Clemson because the good ole boy system still exists. Don't believe me? Watch ESPN the last several years and you know they have become personal spokemen for the SEC. They come up with words like Clemson-ing even when Clemson has a stellar record compared to most SEC schools. The ACC and the NCAA can't show bias but ESPN can get away with a lot because they are a private company. So is the ACCDN, the guys that flag all the ESPN content out there with their copyright notices. I don't have a problem with them asking me to remove any videos they own content to. I believe fair use allows anyone to post their videos online, but I don't believe in defying them if they specifically ask you not to do it in a civil manner and if they legitimately have a plan to make that same content readily available in the near future.

I have a problem with them issuing 2 copyright strikes on my account within a 17 hour period instead of issuing them all at once so I would only get 1 strike and would know which ones to remove and would not be one strike away from being out all together. I feel like they were going to issue the final strike within the next 24 hours so they could get me banned for life from ever opening another youtube account.

I have a problem with them not issuing copyright strikes to other people who have way more ACCDN content online than I do, like Tim Bliss who has 1640 videos to my 336.

I have a problem with the fact that for 10+ years now I've been diligent in keeping the F word off my channel and deleting trollers who try to start arguments with Clemson fans. All of this causes youtube way more work when people complain to them about community guidelines violations.

I have a problem with the youtube rules system that so easily allowed the ACCDN to target me only, completely ignoring fair use in my case but allowing it in others'.

But my main problem is with the fact that youtube gives way too much legitimacy and power to suspend an account to a private TV company that owns the copyright to games whose source of value is the talent of players who never see a dime. And the football programs are only possible because of donations from fans who are hurt by them not allowing all these old classic videos to be readily available. Too much hypocrisy in the whole thing.?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCDN decided I needed to go for some reason

Sep 16, 2016, 9:57 PM

I know you will be missed. I just found out about you a couple months ago. I have re-watched a few of the games because of you. I am sorry they have done this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the hours of entertainment.

Sep 16, 2016, 9:59 PM

I can't tell you how many times I watched your channel.

-Bored...TigerRay
-Background noise...TigerRay
-Can't sleep...TigerRay
-Entertainment at work...TigerRay
-Need to make a gif of a single play...TigerRay
-Need to relive 63-17...TigerRay

Thanks again.

So If I mail you a 500 GB harddrive, you'll hook me up, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Thank you for the hours of entertainment.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:01 PM

same sentiments exactly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Thank you for the hours of entertainment.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Thank you for the hours of entertainment. ]

Thanks. Love your post. And I appreciate every time someone acknowledges my efforts.

Actually I feel like I'm under total attack right now by the ACCDN and need to not say anything.

But my hard drive is 3TB. All games are original capture format... no re-encoding. So some of the games are 20GB. It takes 2-3 days to do a full hard drive copy. I don't think I can do that too many times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compress them and torrent them.***

Sep 16, 2016, 10:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So much this...

Sep 17, 2016, 8:37 AM

Ray,

First off, you have no idea how much impact your efforts to post game videos has had. Soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan had a way to view games with minimal delay and maximum convenience that will now have no way to see them. I personally used your station to be able to take disabled veterans on wounded warrior hunts on saturdays and still be able to watch the game when I got home. I also use it to do film study and breakdown plays/formations during the week while I am eagerly awaiting our next game. I also loved to just pull up a classic from time to time and enjoy the nostalgia.

All that being said, it would be a shame and a win for the bad guys if the content from your channel were to just disappear. You did an excellent job with your youtube channel, but youtube is not the only file/video sharing service on the internet. There are other ways you can continue your legacy and beat these corporate bullies.

Heck, even if it requires purchasing some electronic storage, etc., I can personally guarantee you that you could set up a go fund me page and get substantial donations from tnetters and fans everywhere to keep access to this treasure trove of clemson football footage alive. Just think about how much we all pay for espn every month... Not saying use the footage for profit, but saying if you need to offset any costs to keep it availabe.

Dont give up! Come up with another way to share the footage and let us know if you need help! I have never subscribed to a YouTube channel, but I watched your videos all the time and there are many others like me. Dont underestimate how much impact your efforts had. We appreciate you.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:06 PM

Honestly can't figure out how something lile an already played game that was recorded on someone's own equipment is anybody else's property but the guy who recorded it .
Copyright laws suck !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2016, 10:11 PM

"Too much hypocrisy in the whole thing." That right there is the problem. You've been way too successful and are a threat to them based on the facts you've provided here. I truly hope you win this battle because I know the Clemson fans love your content and are very supportive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2016, 10:13 PM

Everyone here has been moaning the loss of Tiger Ray. So sorry.

I think it's no longer Fair Use as soon as you publish it, anywhere. So sad. Glad they didn't hit you with a mega fine like so many copyright holders do, and you can't win in those cases.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:32 PM

I never would have done this if I thought there was any chance of a mega-fine. The "product" they offer is solely provided by, yes paid coaches, but mostly non-paid players. Their primary target audience is people who donate the money that makes possible the college sports program they make the money off of. If it was the NFL, it would be an entirely different story. I'll bet not one mega-fine case has ever been for a copyright violation of a college sports broadcast. Many people are against corporations getting involved in money making off of their college.

I will sincerely miss your services

Sep 16, 2016, 10:13 PM

especially on a weekend like this, when the game is hard to find in N. Alabama.

find another outlet and we'll be there

Just about everything in your post is false.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:27 PM

I really enjoyed your videos on youtube. Thanks for all the hard work, but you got most of that wrong.

The NCAA didn't go after Clemson any harder than they have a lot of the big programs through the years. Alabama and USC (West) have been on probation numerous times since we went on probation in '81, and they hit Ohio State and Tressel pretty hard 5 or 6 years ago and they even had to vacate some victories. You don't get any bigger than Bama, USC, and Ohio State.

It's a myth that Swofford was part of a group that went after us with the extra one year of probation. David Hood, current writer for Tigernet, did an investigative story on this myth 3 or 4 years ago where he interviewed some of the ACC'S athletic directors from the early 80s, and proved this as a total falsehood. It still plays well on here but is totally false.

As far as Clemson-ing, that phrase came about because of the Tommy Bowden era and Dabo's first couple of years when we lost to teams like Wake and Maryland entirely too much. So, it was deserved initially but it took a while to shake this reputation, and I don't think we've lost to an unranked team since 2010.

Once, again, though, thanks for the videos.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerRay has provided countless hours of free entertainment

Sep 16, 2016, 11:35 PM

...and yet you still feel the need to troll him and correct him?

He could believe in aliens and every conspiracy out there, but I recommend feeling the need to show off how smart you think you are and instead just thank him only. I've watched weeks worth of historical Clemson games, often used his channel on Sunday for any missed games, and relived many Tiger victories because of TigerRay.

TL;DR Keep your mouth shut if nothing nice to say to someone giving us free entertainment

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's just joe, always the contrarian

Sep 17, 2016, 1:27 AM

with the negative Clemson slant to things

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TigerRay has provided countless hours of free entertainment

Sep 17, 2016, 1:37 AM [ in reply to TigerRay has provided countless hours of free entertainment ]

Could not have expressed that sentiment better +1

Hard to understand how some people can't just say

Sep 17, 2016, 10:02 AM [ in reply to TigerRay has provided countless hours of free entertainment ]

thanks and move on.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Sep 17, 2016, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Just about everything in your post is false. ]

"It's a Myth" - with all due apologies to D Hood

Sep 17, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Just about everything in your post is false. ]

if you or D Hood or anyone else

believes even a word that comes out of the mouth of people associated

with John Swofford and the ACC

then you silly don't understand politics,

nor the role the UNC University system routinely plays in favoriting UNC.

and surely you're not so naive that you think they're going to come out and tell people, right?

say, like when the NCAA has enough goods on the TarHoles cheating

in multiple sports for 20 years

but only women's BBall takes a hit?

Please take down your post - it's embarrassing.... and to us all at Clemson.

i don't like Swoffie either, but he is 67 yo, it is unlikely

Sep 17, 2016, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Just about everything in your post is false. ]

the man had a lot of stroke 35 years ago. At 31 years old you are rarely in a position to call the shots in something as big as the ACC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie was and always has been "the plant" of the liberal

Sep 17, 2016, 10:55 AM

establishment that has run the UNCheat University system for 60 years or more.

This isn't conspiracy theory, people, this is real-life social engineering

that still goes on today - I'd say it has even more power today, actually.

Seriously, check your logic meter for a second - you don't think that Dean Smith

was able to get Charles Scott into UNC as early as 1965 all by himself do you?

especially in a state that was tobacco-fed conservative at the community level through-and-through.

Look, there's good points and bad points to all of this -

but at least show the maturity and self-awareness to understand that these liberal political forces

have shaped the lives of people for decades and continue to effect major movements in our local society.

Swoffie's a shill, a puppet turned into a boy/man, whatever... but he's decidedly not a friend of Clemson University.

or at least the Clemson of 20 years ago before gradual changes to our BOT.....

and the ###### head award for today goes to...***

Sep 17, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Just about everything in your post is false. ]

Sep 16, 2016, 10:51 PM

Ray thank you very much for your years of hardwork. You're the man. Best of luck from here on!

RAY...Trump can fix this Sheet

Sep 16, 2016, 11:29 PM

IF Hillary & Bill can't. LoL & thx a million $ for years of quality replays of our TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray, while I never subscribed, I throughly enjoyed your

Sep 16, 2016, 11:35 PM

YouTube channel. Thank you for the time and effort you put forth to create this product.

If I forgot to set the DVR, I would always see if you had uploaded the vid.

I hate this turned into such a hassle for you. I will miss your contribution to the spreading of the Clemson brand across the inter webs.

Is there anything we can do to help? We could not watchACCDN

Sep 16, 2016, 11:50 PM

videos but I doubt that would make much of a difference. You never know how these things over on YouTube turnout. There are countless cases just like this on YouTube, some do get resolved and the channel owner gets everything back and some get screwed over completely but it's nearly impossible to tell how these things turn out.

Good luck TigerRay, thanks for the years of HD videos and impeccable timing in which you got them up for your viewers.

Man! thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sep 17, 2016, 1:21 AM

So much joy! I'll be sad about it later, but right now i just want to give you all the thanks I can for the good times you gave me. Thank you!!!!

null

Sep 17, 2016, 8:30 AM

I don't know how many hours I spend working out while watching CLEMSON football videos that TigerRay put on YouTube. I definitely appreciate his efforts and will truly miss this.

Sep 17, 2016, 8:54 AM

I'm not defending the ACCDN at all. This stinks, but I bet ESPN has a dog in this hunt. It's probably related to the recent ESPN-ACC agreement. I will certainly miss watching your videos during the looooooong off-season. Hopefully, this is an indication that the ACCDN will start archiving games for future watching...but I doubt it.

Thanks for everything, TigerRay!

Sep 17, 2016, 10:24 AM

Your videos really entertained me over the summer. Got me hyped up for this year.

~JKB

I don't know what I'm going to do now.

Sep 17, 2016, 11:45 AM

Thank you so much for all of your efforts, TigerRay. Your games have been a great crutch for many more people than you could possibly ever know.

Oh no this didnt happen

Sep 17, 2016, 6:09 PM

please we must fight for Tigerray

We love you Tigerray.

Sep 17, 2016, 6:18 PM

I want to thank you for always having class and making our games available for all Tiger fans.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 17, 2016, 6:43 PM

Tell them you are transgender and they will change their mind.

If they feel that way...

Sep 17, 2016, 6:27 PM

maybe they should make sure all ACC games, especially Clemson, are shown on TV stations that don't limit the viewing area or blacking games out. They must not be aware that their network does not cover all 50 states or that all Clemson fans are not just in about 10 states. Maybe if THEY had replay abled websites, you would not have to have done your hard work at all.

EFF ACC

Thank you for your efforts, Tigerray!

Sep 17, 2016, 6:56 PM

I really have appreciated watching your videos!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Thanks For The Memories! Loved the old games***

Sep 17, 2016, 6:59 PM

Thank you, Tiger Ray!

Sep 17, 2016, 7:06 PM

I hate it for you but, especially, hate it for me. I have watched your videos many times.

time to start a new channel?

Sep 18, 2016, 12:00 PM

Maybe use the "yarregit" userid? :)

Thanks for posting the games all these years.

holy carp.

Sep 18, 2016, 12:05 PM

TigerRay. Wow. That is all I have to say. My father and I would legitimately mention your name many times throughout the years whenever we would have a great game and wanted to re watch.
Dads signature saying would be something like: "son, TigerRay will probably have the game up soon if you want to re watch it". This feels more like a tragic event now and I truly have the sad. It's incredible the points you make that really legitimize the fact that these videos should be posted.

TigerRay you will be missed and thank you for all of your postings. I had the ability to see a multitude of players and games that were before my time.

Sincerely,
Bwhill

Long live tigerray!

Sep 18, 2016, 12:08 PM

Thank you sir, you are a martyr!

forever greatful for your efforts!!!!!

Sep 18, 2016, 12:17 PM

offseasons will be very long now! good luck and go tigers!!! we all appreciated your efforts!!!!

Thanks for Everything Tigerray!!!!!!

Sep 18, 2016, 12:32 PM

Sure gonna miss your videos....

Take care Brother!!!.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2016, 12:33 PM

We have really enjoyed your videos - you have done such a great service for the Clemson fans - We appreciate you and you will certainly be missed. Is there no recourse?

Ray, I have subscribed to 4 total youtube channels.

Sep 18, 2016, 12:40 PM

Yours was one of them. I would highly recommend that you do what HuntFishSwim or whatever he calls himself now, and find another way. Thank you for all you have done and I hope you continue to do things for the tiger faithful.

Sep 19, 2016, 9:44 AM

Thank you sir!!!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic