Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Mel Kiper doesn’t have any Clemson players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

So Mel Kiper doesn’t have any Clemson players

Jan 17, 2019, 6:26 PM

in his Top 10 NFL mock draft.
They still don’t get it.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Mel Kiper doesn’t have any Clemson players

Jan 17, 2019, 6:28 PM

Mel Kiper has somehow made a long career of being very wrong most of the time.

Jan 17, 2019, 6:31 PM

That's the signal to most decent GM's to go get them way ahead of where he has them listed! MK - JR is a waste of air space!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kiper is a Bad-Haired Bum***

Jan 17, 2019, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 6:32 PM

So why do you think they call it a "Mock" Draft?

Jan 17, 2019, 6:51 PM

No way Q. William's should be rated above Big Dex. The Tiger O Line pushed him around almost as bad as they did Josh Belk. He was a non factor.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I've read Dex's stock has fallen over the last 2 years

Jan 17, 2019, 6:54 PM

because his QB pressure numbers dropped significantly from his FR year. I dont know if it's a product of his foot injury or something else, but the NFL is so pass-centric now that GMs want DTs that can pressure QBs more than space eating run stuffers.

Re: From what I've read Dex's stock has fallen over the last 2 years

Jan 17, 2019, 7:18 PM

Some of that is due to the double teams he faced. A lot of teams started scheming against big Dex after his first year

Re: From what I've read Dex's stock has fallen over the last 2 years

Jan 17, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to From what I've read Dex's stock has fallen over the last 2 years ]

Right. Quinnen Williams put so much pressure on Trevor Lawrence. Makes sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Just saying what I've read about big Dex and why he might be a mid 1st

Jan 17, 2019, 7:28 PM

rounder now rather than top 5.

Clemson had plenty of pressure from others so they used Dex as a run stuffer.

Jan 17, 2019, 7:31 PM [ in reply to From what I've read Dex's stock has fallen over the last 2 years ]

Somebody is gonna get a steal if they let him out of top 10.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So Mel Kiper doesn’t have any Clemson players ]

Mel Kiper is a pushy loudmouth fraud. Mel Kiper has never Coached a day of football in his life. Not HS football, not college football, not pro-football, not pee-wee football, not flag football. Mel Kiper has never worked for any football organization in any capacity, anywhere, ever. Mel Kiper is a guy that watches football on TV and then rights up scouting reports based on his own (imaginary) expertise. Mel Kiper is a carnival barker that hangs around the NFL and sells his “fake, imaginary, made up, inside, expertise”, to dopes that think leprechauns and fairies are real.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:11 AM

I'm not saying Kiper is the best at his job or anything, but people do realize his mocks aren't based just on his opinion right? A lot of these mocks take into account conversations people like Kiper have with NFL scouts and GM's.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:44 AM

And the GM's a Scouts feed him a lot of false information as well. They'd prefer some guys drop so they can get'm and others rise so that teams by cheap goods high.

It's possible. Our top 3 draft prospects are all DL

Jan 17, 2019, 6:52 PM

and this is an insanely deep DL draft. Bosa is gonna be first DE taken and Q Williams will be first DT.

Thank you for applying some sense to this

Jan 17, 2019, 8:14 PM

Of all the perceived slights you could complain about, 1 draft idiot not having a Clemson player in the top 10 draft picks is what you chose?

Do you realize how difficult it is to get drafted that high? This class is loaded with defensive linemen and it’s true that Q Williams skill set projects more to what NFL teams are looking for.

And talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth, in this thread I saw people saying that Dex’s pressure numbers are down because he faced mainly double teams then said Q Williams didn’t get pressure in the NCG while conveniently leaving out that he was double teamed most of the night.

Get some thicker skin, people.

Re: Thank you for applying some sense to this

Jan 17, 2019, 8:35 PM

And watching Q. William's during the game and during a 2nd viewing just focusing on him because of his stupid comments after the game, he was a non-factor. He made 5 plays during the game that had any impact and one was a tripping penalty called on the Tigers.

Yes he was double teamed and before the 3rd quarter was over, he quit! Just stood there or went to the sideline huffing and puffing (the frequent sideline trips actually started in the 2nd quarter) and he really watched a good game that he couldn't do anything about.

Not one time in 3 years have I ever seen Dex take a play off. When a runner got around the end or through the line, I've seen him going full speed to get in the play. He never stood there watching and taking pictures like Q. Williams did.

Jan 18, 2019, 7:57 AM

Are you really gonna pretend that Q Williams is not good and doesn't deserve a top pick in the draft?? Lmao. I would rather the Chargers get Wilkins or Dex ofcourse but I would be happy with Williams. He may have gave up but Dex has never been down by 3 or 4 scores so it is hard to compare.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:48 AM

No matter the situation, character players never quit. Do you think Dex quit in the Sugar Bowl last year? It wasn't all rosey there for the Tigers and no one quit. Turds float to the top and Q. William's floated up in Santa Clara. Not saying he doesn't have talent, just saying he's way overrated.

Maybe we can get another one to Clemson Southwest!***

Jan 17, 2019, 11:21 PM [ in reply to It's possible. Our top 3 draft prospects are all DL ]

Media doesn't want to add fuel to the Clemson Tiger machine***

Jan 17, 2019, 7:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, they will always hate us.***

Jan 17, 2019, 7:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, they will always hate us.***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:05 AM

Are we really still on this? I've read probably a hundred different articles over the last two weeks about a Clemson dynasty, how great Dabo is, how great Lawrence is, etc... but yes the media hates us. To some of you, anything short of the media sucking us off with every word is equal to hate.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:13 PM

Kiper’s hit rate would be poor for a weatherman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mel Kiper is worthless.. literally nothing but a wind bag***

Jan 17, 2019, 8:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:45 PM

These guys still do not realize Clemson dominated Bama in every phase of that game.......their love for the SEC will never die and they will go down with that sinking ship.......and Mel is one of them....,.Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 18, 2019, 8:08 AM

What does the media have to do with how NFL teams view the draft? I highly doubt any NFL team is drafting players based on the outcome of a single game. Performance is college also does not always equal the same performance in the NFL. We've had our own share of first round draft picks that didn't end up blowing up the NFL.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:45 PM

Didn’t Mel Kiper day he would quit his job if Jimmy Clausen didn’t become a star in the NFL? That’s about where I started and stopped listening to that dweeb

Jan 17, 2019, 11:08 PM

The way I look at it is if he’s really good at evaluating talent wouldn’t a team throw money at him so he would work for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 1:27 AM

So?

Some of that is due to all the talent this year

Jan 18, 2019, 7:48 AM

being on the defensive side of the ball, so teams don't have to aggressively draft for need, they can wait this year on defense and still have options. There are maybe 2-3 skill players, a few OL, and maybe 2 QB's and the rest are defense players in most of the first round mocks I've seen.

Dex's problem is that he's a 2 down player in today's NFL. He'll likely come off the field in obvious passing downs. He'll be a great run stuffer, but they way the NFL plays now you have to pressure the QB quickly and that's not his game. He's a DT eater in the NFL, and most teams aren't going to part with a high draft pick for a 2 down player.

Wilkins problem is that his athleticism hurts him a bit in projecting him as a DT, but he doesn't project as a DE. That's the NFL's stupidity because I think he'll be the most productive player from this group. I think someone will figure that out and he'll go higher than Kiper projected, but he's not a prototypical NFL DT.

Ferrell is a great player but he's pushed up the board a bit by the NFL demand for Edge rushers.

But Kiper is a clown. There's no way Rashaun Gary should go that high, I've seen him projected in the 2nd round in other mocks. He's not as good as Lawrence. And no way Q. Williams should be that high. he's had conditioning issues when he plays and in the past 3 games vs. teams of equal or better talent he's not been that impressive. 1 total sack in the last 3 games, and 5 total tackles vs OK and Clemson. Some team will fall for the BAMA BAMA BAMA great player hype, but he just doesn't have the track record of being productive against good offenses

It doesn't matter whether they're running a 3 or 4-man line,

Jan 18, 2019, 8:32 AM

Dex would be extremely valuable to ANY team... I don't think he's anywhere near having reached his potential. He's what...20 years old?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:39 AM

My neighbor has more credentials than Mel Kiper....... And he's a postman!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic