Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Textile Bowl trophy tiger paw not at 1:00....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 497

Textile Bowl trophy tiger paw not at 1:00....

Nov 9, 2019, 9:50 PM

How did that happen?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Textile Bowl trophy tiger paw not at 1:00....

Nov 9, 2019, 9:52 PM

As Dabo said, I think there’s a trophy around here somewhere for the game...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 9:55 PM

That trophy came out in 1981, before people bitched and moaned about the tiger paw being placed at the 1:00 position. Even on the 50 yard line it wasn't always placed at 1:00 back then.

Nov 9, 2019, 9:56 PM

Because the trophy was made in 1981. If you have seen any Clemson gear from the early the paw was usually never at 1 pm. This is a more recent standard.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:11 PM

What are you talking about? It's the key aspect of the trademark. It's not a recent standard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 10:18 PM

Most Clemson memorabilia and even on uniforms in the 70's and 80's the paw was usually not at one o'clock. Google images can help you along with this understanding. What the trademark may have said, it wasn't implemented consistently until the last 2-3 decades. Hell the "Pavement Paws" as I coined them weren't even 1 o'clock when I was in school in the late 90's. They were redone in the last 10 years. EBay is another good teaching tool for you to see vintage Clemson memorabilia without a 1 o'clock paw. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about now.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Textile Bowl trophy tiger paw not at 1:00.... ]

Most Clemson memorabilia and even on uniforms in the 70's and 80's the paw was usually not at one o'clock. Google images can help you along with this understanding. What the trademark may have said, it wasn't implemented consistently until the last 2-3 decades. Hell the "Pavement Paws" as I coined them weren't even 1 o'clock when I was in school in the late 90's. They were redone in the last 10 years. EBay is another good teaching tool for you to see vintage Clemson memorabilia without a 1 o'clock paw. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about now.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Textile Bowl trophy tiger paw not at 1:00.... ]

Nov 9, 2019, 10:08 PM

The thing is ugly - looks like it was made by the NC State wood working department.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic