Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas Longhorns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,210

Texas Longhorns

Jul 31, 2020, 4:11 PM

Ok I have an idea. With the SEC canceling all non conference games, we are no longer playing the coots this year. LSU has to drop their game with Texas. I don't know what the Big 12 is doing yet, but since Texas is longer playing LSU, and we are no longer playing South Carolina......see where I'm going with this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, what a great idea.

Jul 31, 2020, 5:54 PM

Play a game that could possibly be a loss at the 11th hour and cost us a playoff spot. If we go unbeaten, our schedule will be fine without having to play Texas. And lets ay we play them and win. Good chance we get a key injury heading into the playoffs if we are fortunate enough to be in that position. Like I said, great idea.

But it wood be kewl to play another big time program!

Jul 31, 2020, 10:25 PM

(I agree with you 100%)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Wow, what a great idea.

Jul 31, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Wow, what a great idea. ]

Not saying you are wrong, everything you said could happen. That said, cant live scared of a loss or injury, and I for one would love to see our boys play against some of the blue bloods from other regions, like Texas, USC, Michigan even. Just my .02 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Wow, what a great idea. ]

Texas can't beat the Sooners. Clemson vs. Texas would be Clemson O Gone Wild, and Breesee and D-Line chewing up Sam Ehlinger like the Power Rangers destroyed Book & ND.

All that said, a home and away vs Texas would be great. Austin is a blast. Rad can cancel next year's visit to Cootville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Wow, what a great idea. ]

11th hour? Just clarifying - are you referring to 1) a game added at the end of the season? Or 2) a game added so late before the season?

Because if #1, I don't think anyone has game dates yet - right? Texas game could be in Sept and be the 8pm prime time game.

If #2 - well that's not much of an issue IMHO because Pitt, Miami, VT games are all added last minute to the schedule too.

Not that NASCAR is the model for all sports, but I think their model of no practice/qualifying has proven that as long as everyone is under the same rules, its a fair model. I think that similarly applies to CFB this season.

Me likely!

Jul 31, 2020, 6:12 PM

It’s time for that game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas Longhorns

Jul 31, 2020, 7:33 PM

I see where you’re going with it, and I kinda like it. (Barring any chance at spanking the coots that is)

Jul 31, 2020, 8:02 PM

Having lived here for 23 years, don’t like ‘em. Waaaaaaay too close to a Texas version of UNCheat arrogance. Anything we can do to help them........I’m against.

Jul 31, 2020, 11:47 PM

A good ole fashion whoopin ain’t help. ??

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,210
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic