Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas Governor has just announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,336

Texas Governor has just announced

Mar 21, 2020, 7:59 AM

that all schools (k-12 and higher ed), bars and restaurants are closed.

He'll get to keep his job as long as he leaves the liquor stores alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas Governor has just announced

Mar 21, 2020, 8:33 AM

Out there in Texass, most liquor stores are drive through, so I wouldn't think that would be a high risk stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2020, 10:38 AM

When I was in graduate school at the University of Tennessee in 1954-55 Knoxville was dry. In a residential neighborhood just west of campus there was a house with a circular driveway around back with a drive through window for beverage purchases. It was well known but never bothered by the sheriff.

The vote approving beverage sales and open bars finally passed when the newspaper uncovered the fact that all the money supporting the churches anti liquor campaigns was being supplied by the bootleggers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2020, 12:35 PM

Before, and for a period after WW2, Alachua County, home of the University of Florida, was dry. Marion County is just south of Alachua County. Just over the county line in Marion County, was Ruby's. Ruby's probably sold more alcoholic beverages than any other liquor store in the entire state.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,336
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic