Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell me more about how kneeling is disrespectful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Tell me more about how kneeling is disrespectful

Nov 12, 2018, 7:31 PM

to the troops. Pence has an excuse since he's in Japan. What's the excuse for Cadet Bone Spurs?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pence-miss-veterans-day-observance-at-arlington-cemetery

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right?

Nov 12, 2018, 7:33 PM

Also, the kneeling stuff is explicitly about disrespecting the flag, which is the symbol of our nation. It isn't explicitly about disrespecting troops, but it's not unreasonable that some people interpret it that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right?

Nov 12, 2018, 7:38 PM

You know Veterans Day is still a holiday the President of the United States should honor, right? Especially one who claims to be this great patriot who loves our military. Also, Trump himself disagrees with you.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-calls-nfl-kneeling-disgraceful-disrespectful-to-veterans

Did you beotch this much about Obama

Nov 12, 2018, 7:41 PM

And all his disrespect of the military?

Re: Did you beotch this much about Obama

Nov 12, 2018, 7:46 PM

No, but your side did.

I'm not sure you meant "explicit"

Nov 12, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right? ]

"the kneeling stuff is explicitly about disrespecting the flag"

Perhaps you meant implicit, because I don't see how you can argue there is anything explicit in a symbolic gesture that someone performs and says means something other than your interpretation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are you getting that it's anything other than that?

Nov 13, 2018, 5:44 PM

Symbolic gestures can be just as explicit as anything else. In fact, all language is symbolic. In this case, they're kneeling in front of the flag, which is an explicit gesture aimed at the flag and the anthem.

What they've said is that the kneeling is about protesting "police brutality" against black people. And yet, they're protesting a symbol of the nation. They don't feel that they can stand to honor our nation because they apparently associate police violence against innocent black people with the American nation. I don't think this is unclear or merely implied. Otherwise, why focus on a symbol of the USA, rather than something else?

@tigerthom

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where are you getting that it's anything other than that?

Nov 13, 2018, 6:12 PM

Because kneeling in from of a Burger King sign wouldn't bring any awareness to the issue.

The mental gymnastics that people have to go through to avoid the truth about the NFL protests is amazing.

And yet, 99% of the mouth breathers turn it into

Nov 13, 2018, 7:00 PM [ in reply to You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right? ]

disrespecting our troops, what is your point exactly here, because you're simply wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right?

Nov 13, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to You know Veterans Day isn't Memorial Day, right? ]

Traditionally, the President visits Arlington National Cemetery on Veteran's Day. Obama, Bush, Clinton, G.H.W. Bush and Reagan have all done this, and I'm sure that many Presidents before them did the same. Trump didn't do it last year because he was out of the country, but he has no excuse this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#liberaloutrageoftheday***

Nov 12, 2018, 7:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #liberaloutrageoftheday***

Nov 12, 2018, 7:49 PM

You're right, at least he didn't salute with a coffee cup in his hand.

The bigger issue is our military doesn't have a

Nov 12, 2018, 7:59 PM

transport helicopter that can fly in the rain.

Pretty sure our enemies will figure out how to take advantage of that.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-skips-ww-i-cemetery-visit-due-to-wet-weather-kicking-up-a-storm-of-its-own-2018-11-10

Re: Tell me more about how kneeling is disrespectful

Nov 12, 2018, 8:28 PM

They are just so black though and making so much money playing a sport. They need to get in line and not have opinions and just be appreciative and pipe down. Shut up and dribble etc. It really ruins my day when they take a knee.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:29 PM

It's becoming pretty obvious that he's becoming more unstable. He's being kept away from these events on purpose. When the media do manage to grab him for a quick interview, he sounds crazier than usual.

Nov 12, 2018, 9:18 PM

Lol. This is hilarious. Tell me more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 9:01 PM

Something's about to go down

Could it be a wag the dog scenario.....

Nov 12, 2018, 9:22 PM

and he's getting ready to order a pre-emptive strike against France?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic