Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well on our way to losing a 3rd straight home Regional...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Well on our way to losing a 3rd straight home Regional...

Jun 2, 2018, 11:28 PM

this year to a team that came in 5 games over .500.

When we complained this team couldn't hit, people said "we've won 45 games", "we're hosting", "we're ranked in the top-10". Now when we lose those same people will say we're not quite there, give him time.

If you're good enough to win 40+ games and host THREE YEARS IN A ROW, then you're good enough to win at least one of them and advance to a Super.

But once again, all this is Ray Tanner's fault right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Jun 2, 2018, 11:37 PM

If you're satisfied with our baseball program accomplishing

Jun 2, 2018, 11:39 PM

nothing then you're the Coot. Regular season wins are fun, but baseball is all about the post season. Winning 40 games and hosting means nothing if you don't win your home Regional. Might as well go back to Legget, win 32 games and go 0-2 in a Regional. Same post season success.

Unfortunately you are correct. We can’t be satisfied by our recent post season play...***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:41 PM

We've really turned a corner winning games in the regular...

Jun 2, 2018, 11:43 PM

season, especially how well we play mid-week, but at the end of the day, when you look at the end of Legget's tenure and MOnte's here, they all end with "Regional appearance". That's not acceptable... not three years in with a veteran heavy team like we have and a bullpen that anyone would be lucky to have.

Tell 'em coot

Jun 2, 2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Tell 'em coot

Jun 2, 2018, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Tell 'em coot ]

For once i would like to see you rebuttal this instead of claiming everyone is a coot on this site. You can’t deny that what was stated is true. We aren’t getting it done in post season play and we should be doing so now.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take deep breath. Time to focus on next season.***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yeah, time to look forward to...

Jun 2, 2018, 11:47 PM

losing a fourth consecutive home Regional. That is the standard now under Monte.

What I'm curious about is how we replace Beer and Williams. We also lose Cromwell's defense, Wharton, and our two best guys in the pen (Gilliam and Miller). If we struggle next year, will everyone tell me to take a deep breath because we're rebuilding?

Re: Yeah, time to look forward to...***

Jun 2, 2018, 11:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Was that when he was looking to the scoreboard and counting

Jun 2, 2018, 11:53 PM

versus Texas A&M in '14 lol?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic