Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Tee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Congrats to Tee

Jun 8, 2018, 10:43 PM

on the big boy purchase! Sweet ride bro! Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to Tee

Jun 8, 2018, 10:53 PM

Gotta love Newspring!!!

Jun 8, 2018, 11:08 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=148309575889016&id=107899156596725

It's not a fake post... Though I get the feeling this isn't what it seems.

It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle.

Jun 8, 2018, 11:11 PM

But even if he did aren’t folks stereotyping? Some African American kids’ parents have money. Don’t you figure tee Martin has a little?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle.

Jun 8, 2018, 11:16 PM

What does Tee Martin have to do with anything? Tee was just named after him. He is Amari's father

My bad screwed that up you’re right. Point still people

Jun 8, 2018, 11:19 PM

Assume when a black athlete buys a car that someone’s paying them. As above may not even be his car and who is to say he doesn’t get legitimately. I think he’s too smart to pose like that and let it out although you do see how quickly social media can get out of hand

Because coots are racists with slave quarters on their campus. ***

Jun 8, 2018, 11:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Because coots are racists with slave quarters on their campus. ***

Jun 8, 2018, 11:59 PM

Coots have buildings on campus named after slave owners!

Jun 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

Just like the Washington Monument!!! Cootz are so coolz.

(psst: not really. coots are stupid. like you)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 9, 2018, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Because coots are racists with slave quarters on their campus. *** ]

No, the coot campus was just built by slaves, and owned them. Oops.

https://blackthen.com/the-fundamental-role-of-slaves-at-south-carolina-college-from-1801-1865/

During 1801 and 1865, South Carolina College (today University of South Carolina) owned slaves and employed many others. Most slaves who worked for South Carolina College were “hired” on a short-term basis. These slaves were hired through their owners, and the owners would generated revenue through their labor without having an investment in the actual work.

Jun 8, 2018, 11:16 PM [ in reply to It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

Not for a McClaren... But seeing some people starting to say that's the car dealer owner's car in the post.

Jun 8, 2018, 11:19 PM

the place has an inventory of 24 cars....21 of them are under $19,000

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 11:51 PM

Looks like it was for sale. Glad Tee got this sweet ride!

Jun 8, 2018, 11:59 PM

Show where it says he bought that exact car... Just says he bought one, coot. You do know people can take pictures in front of a cool car and not buy or own it, right? I have pictures of both my kids and my wife in and in front of suped up street racing mustangs, Lamborghinis, even a Bentley that does work, unlike your QB. Doesn't mean they own them. Wouldn't it be more believable if he took a shot off the lot with it? Until then, it's no different than you taking a shot by cars at a car show. No proof he even sat in the drivers seat of that car, much less bought it. Lol

Jun 9, 2018, 12:34 AM

Yeah my guess is he went in to pick up a 2004 Camry and asked if he could take a picture with the Mclaren and with the singlewide office as the backdrop. Further demonstrates the value of that nationally coveted CU degree that he was wise enough not to take that dangerous vehicle for a test drive. I’m truly proud of him.

Reminds me how proud I was of young Xavier Thomas when he almost hit that deer and flipped twice wearing no seat belt without a scratch. And wouldn’t you know it, God shined a new Camaro or whatever it was down on him nearly 4 months later. God doesn’t care about makes after all, only models matter.

Nearly as inspiring as when young Josh Belk survived his horrific accident on the same day as Pastor Thomas and was blessed enough to be able to secure a 3x policy payout for his new truck (sentimental value means a lot to insurers these days). Truly magical how the world works. Odd Dabo would grant such an innocent man an unconditional release to transfer away from Clemson considering the God given vehicles Belk received.

Keep the faith #########.

Jun 9, 2018, 12:38 AM

Also, while I feel like posting...you business mavens have really been missing out by settling with “$EC.”

$£€

You’re welcome.

Jun 9, 2018, 2:24 AM

SLE?

Dang, you coots are stupid.

Jun 9, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

Hey coot, I guess you just have missed where Xavier Thomas's mom schooled one of you idiots on Twitter, stating she's who bought him his new car... You know, being a nurse and everything that makes quite a bit of money. We really hit the jackpot getting losers like you as rivals. More comedy than watching Comedy Central.

Jun 9, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

It's sad really... If you guys really think you got something... Please, show the NCAA. Then watch as they find nothing and you look like idiots.

Mmmm, salty.***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sit down coot.

Jun 9, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

Jun 8, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to It says he bought a vehicle didn’t say that vehicle. ]

I was just going along with the coot op lol. Probably not the car he got but if so idk how well off his family is and he has a free ride to college so maybe his parents got him the car since they don't have to pay for school.

I figured so, not correcting you***

Jun 8, 2018, 11:31 PM

Jun 9, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Tee ]

I work right next door at Saluda River Archery, and that car dealership is in the same parking lot. That car is the McLaren P1 and is the car dealers car. The guy that owns that car dealership also owns Mad World. That haunted house attraction that can be seen off of I-85. So long story short.....Tee didn't buy that $250,000 car.

Jun 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

Just by the way it’s a 570s not a P1. P1 goes for over 2 million bucks. If the owner of the Auto-Mart is making that kinda of coin, I’m about to open some used car lots!

Jun 9, 2018, 9:05 PM

Haha fair enough, all I know is that I work right next door and that is not Tee's car. No joke though I would open up a few used car lots as well.

Stupid post! Desperately need new material!***

Jun 9, 2018, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Tee ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 11:18 PM

You jelly? You sound so jelly, proud loser.

Jun 9, 2018, 10:20 AM

Don't ever say "jelly." You sound like an idiot

Jun 8, 2018, 11:29 PM

Thoughtful of you to congratulate him. Remember to do it again when he raises the Palmetto Bowl trophy again this year

Jun 8, 2018, 11:52 PM

You are on TigerNet at 10:45 on a Friday night lol

Jun 8, 2018, 11:53 PM

Are you on T-Net the 11:49?

Jun 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

He's not the obsessed rival...lol.

Jun 9, 2018, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Tee ]

Yep, and so are you. I'm a Clemson fan tho lol wbu

Jun 9, 2018, 12:53 AM

Fake news...

Jun 9, 2018, 1:10 AM

But but but. Newspring and clemson and there cant be a rational reason behind things. Jdude you are so sad. Honestly feel bad for your mom. She tried.

Jun 9, 2018, 1:20 AM

Jdude43 verified by CootSmackdown16® and TD23 several weeks ago as a coot troll.

Jun 9, 2018, 2:57 AM

Tee posted on the Facebook page for Dealer a smiley face and said obviously he couldn't afford a car like that! But coots are gonna troll!!

Jun 9, 2018, 11:03 AM

If he acknowledge the car dealers post then Higgins obviously knew his image was being used to promote the business which is an NCAA violation.

This isn’t going to end well***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tee, make sure you post the picture of you

Jun 9, 2018, 6:53 AM

standing in front of the White House on your 8th Grade class trip. Coots will light up the 1-800-GET-NCAA phone line.

Re: Tee, make sure you post the picture of you

Jun 9, 2018, 10:46 AM

Still a violation of NCAA rules for an NCAA athlete knowingly to allow his image to promote a business.

Bylaw 12.5.2 Nonpermissible – Promotional Activities, Current Enrolled Student-Athletes
Bylaw 12.5.2.1 Advertisements and Promotions Subsequent to Enrollment
Subsequent to becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be eligible for participation in
intercollegiate athletics if the individual:
a. Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her name or picture to
advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial
product or service of any kind, or
b. Receives remuneration for endorsing a commercial product or service through
the individual’s use of such product or service.

Re: Tee, make sure you post the picture of you

Jun 9, 2018, 10:57 AM

He post and picture has been removed. I bet Clemson's compliance department got on this quick to make sure Higgins did not lose his eligibility. Now, will Clemson self report this?

You are just eat up with stupid.

Jun 9, 2018, 11:51 AM

look up the word "remuneration"...we'll wait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re probably not going to hear back from her***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:22 PM

He bought the White House, too?!?

Jun 9, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Tee, make sure you post the picture of you ]

Mind. Blown.

~JKB

Jun 9, 2018, 3:26 PM

The OP is clearly a coot.

However, that photo is generating some not so nice headlines. The dealership later said he didn't actually purchase THAT car...but it seems there some bad judgment going around.

“Mr. Higgins didn’t purchase the car in the picture,” a subsequent post from the dealership clarified. “However he did love the McLaren and went for a ride in it. It gave him a lot of inspiration to be even better so he can get one with his signing bonus when he gets drafted to the NFL.”

https://www.12up.com/posts/6085138-clemson-under-fire-after-wr-tee-higgins-was-spotted-buying-crazy-expensive-car

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/06/09/clemson-football-players-sports-car-photo-goes-viral/

There's nothing wrong with test driving a car...***

Jun 9, 2018, 5:08 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's nothing wrong with test driving a car...***

Jun 9, 2018, 7:11 PM

True, but the optics are awful. Further, a student athlete cannot knowingly allow his image to be used to promote any business.

This is a good example of how a simple, innocent endeavor can turn into a real public perception problem.

If this were a Bama player, no amount of explaining would deter some Clemson fans from believing and spreading that it was pay to play.

Re: There's nothing wrong with test driving a car...***

Jun 9, 2018, 10:38 PM

Exactly. His name cannot he used to promote any business

Jun 9, 2018, 9:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic