Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tee Higgins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Tee Higgins

Apr 12, 2016, 5:56 PM

What are our chances with him? He's visiting UT for their spring game this weekend and I don't think that's a good sign. He's "warmer" towards Clemson on 247 sports but they aren't always right. Where do we actually stand with him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tee Higgins

Apr 12, 2016, 6:05 PM

Tennessee offered him for football and basketball. I wonder it that might sway him any....or if he could potentially play both? He is a great basketball player too!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2016, 6:10 PM

Don't underestimate his friendship with Amari Rodgers who is recruiting him hard. I think he and Robinson are Clemson leans who want to enjoy the process. Of course anything could change but as of now I feel pretty good that those three want to play together.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:13 PM

I thought that same exact thing but this UT fan I'm chatting with online saying that he lives in his hometown and hears from all the UT players on what he's doing and who he's leaning towards.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:19 PM

I hope Amari helps guide him to us. Fingers crossed. But I think he is simply enjoying the process.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Tee Higgins ]

Knoxville is a pimple on the ### of humanity.

No way he'll pick Knoxville over God's country.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:38 PM

Lol....if you think Knoxville is a pimple, you should see Oak Ridge. The Secret City has an interesting history.....and lovely areas around it....but I don't imagine there is much for teens to do.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:12 PM

Couldn't we use a good basketball player? Why wouldn't we offer him in basketball also?

Apr 12, 2016, 6:24 PM

I guess that would be Brad Brownell's call. I wonder how hard it would be to play both sports these days. Plus, I am guessing the coaches would have to work together on that. You should search on Tee Higgins dunk....I know there are a couple of videos you can see.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:27 PM

Yea I've seen the dunks. And that's the thing. If Clemson offers him to play basketball as well then I think it's a done deal. Right now I'd hate to say it but UT may have a slight edge if they're offering him to play both sports and we're not doing the same...

Apr 12, 2016, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Tee Higgins ]

The basketball scholarships he is getting are mainly to sweeten the pot. He is a great athlete, great basketball player... but his future is football without a doubt. He has bball offers from Louisville as well, but all of that is really geared towards these schools trying to land him for football. I would imagine if it comes down to it, and the basketball aspect is really critical towards his decision, we will find a way to offer him in bball as well.

Apr 12, 2016, 6:59 PM

I hope we do. Brownell should really jump on this kid.

Apr 12, 2016, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Tee Higgins ]

I have no clue but my guess is that they haven't offers him a basketball scholarship. If they have then I really need to see a link where they offered him to help calm my nerves

Apr 12, 2016, 7:04 PM

Tee Higgins possesses some of the most impressive highlight film I've ever seen. He has the potential to be the next big name offensive star at Clemson.

Apr 12, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Tee Higgins ]

I get what you're saying, my point is just that the basketball scholarship is somewhat a moot point. He could be an average college basketball player, or he could be a superstar at wide receiver. He will go to the next level playing football not bball, and he is more concerned with football than basketball.

So while he may care somewhat about bball, he is going to base his college decision off of what football program he likes the most. And if we have to offer in bball to sweeten the pot, we will.

Apr 12, 2016, 7:12 PM

Yea and now he's saying he hangs with Oak Ridge football players and basketball players and even with Tee (don't know if that's true or not) after games.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic