Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference?

Dec 14, 2018, 6:13 PM

For me: 1)Ohio State
2) Notre Dame

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference?

Dec 14, 2018, 6:16 PM

Clearly, you aren't from S. Carolina. Jawja and it ain't even close.

It's fun to hate O310 state and all, but when you get down to it, we South Carolinians have a lot more ties with Jawja (family, friends, coworkers, etc.) than the schools you just listed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Lived in S.C. all my life, graduated from Clemson and i

Dec 14, 2018, 6:33 PM

Just don’t have the hate for Georgia that most do. And I was at CU in the late 80s, when we actually played them. I think between the series ending and SCAR joining their conference (and division), my perspective changed a bit.

Still, I had no problem pulling against them in the SECCG, even with them playing the team that I hate more than anyone but SCAR. I guess I pull for Clemson first, whoever is playing SCAR second, whatever outcome I perceive to be in Clemson’s best interest third, whatever I believe to be in SCAR’s worst interest 4th, and only after all of that do I even consider my feelings toward the teams on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lived in S.C. all my life, graduated from Clemson and i

Dec 16, 2018, 11:44 AM

Me also...AND I’m curious if you ever had the pleasure of going to Athens back in the 80’s series, wearing CU attire? If so what was thrown at you?...urine, beer cans? UGA was the nastiest student fan base out there. I’ve worked a career with multiple UGA grads and the holier than thou, Clemson is beneath us attitudes are intolerable. I’m not talking about working at a fast food joint, these are UGA educated “professionals” in an office setting. If you ever listened to that Dean Legge guy from Dawgpost that used to be on Roy Philpott’s show you’ll know exactly the extreme arrogant mindset I refer to. I guess we all have different situations and life experiences, but let’s just say mine were so pronounced that I, as a two degree CU alumnus, must admit a terrible sin. I have actually pulled for the coots to beat UGA on more than one occasion. No other school comes close on my most disliked list.

No, we only played in Athens once while I was in school

Dec 17, 2018, 1:32 PM

and that was early in my freshman year.

I went in 1994, and that is the only time I will ever be there as a visiting fan.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference? ]

Well, my father-in-law is a UGA grad... and my good old female coonhound is named Georgia. (Georgia is my B)

Georgia is meh. Neither love nor hate. They might be god at times but they always figure out how to fall up a flight of stairs into defeat. So meh to them.

I loath 31-0hio State. Their "local" gameday viewing alumni group was at the same place/bar as the Clemson watch party (seriously, who does that.... in the south within 2 hours of Clemson). They were vile, nasty, and pathetic... the only difference between them an the coots is that I assumed they were literate.

As for any other team.

Ped State. Sorry, if there was a case for shutting down a football program, that should be exhibit A. Abusing children and sheltering the sinner within the football program. "Happy Valley" should be torn down. Period.

Finally. Maryland but that is kinda like hating a bum.

You live in Mt. P? Sounds like you do

Dec 16, 2018, 8:58 AM

Scarlet all over the place there.

+1 But for me UGA is a naturally great rival

Dec 14, 2018, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference? ]

Married to a Dawg and live in Savannah, but that said, I see UGA fans as southern boyz and girlz just as in love with their program as we are with ours, however ill informed they are.

Love to whip their a$$ - and its important to shut the Dawgs up - do not get me wrong. And Carolina-Columbia are the fleas on the dawg.

But I reserve my strong dislike for the Urban Meyer's and Jim Harbaugh's of the world, and agree with all who see ND as a historically great program and campus that is also historically overrated in modern times.

Now yes, Texas fits in this ND category, but if you've never road-tripped to Austin and 6th Street, it's worth the trip, especially for those under 35 maybe 40.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1 But for me UGA is a naturally great rival

Dec 16, 2018, 11:25 AM

Graduated CU in 2001 and have now lived in Savannah for Five years. JAWGA fans make it easy to pick UGA as my number one... Up until the LSU game, if I heard “KIRBY GONNA KIRBY,” one more time I was gonna have to move....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference? ]

I evidently don't understand the Thumbs Down thing. I don't see where "Jawja and it ain't even close," is a controversial statement. You might not agree but why a TD? For me Georgia doesn't even come in second. They come in at 1b. Every year when they play, I cross my fingers that a plane pulling a banner or the blimp will crash onto the field.

Dec 15, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference? ]

I've got no problem with GA and wished we played them every year. My daughter went to undergrad there and is in her 2nd year of vet school. And yes I love Clemson and am a graduate but I have to say Athens is a pretty cool place....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas. Even when they are sucky or average, their fans

Dec 14, 2018, 6:25 PM

think they rule the sports universe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Right now, Notre Dame, Alabama and Oklahoma

Dec 14, 2018, 6:26 PM

Buy normally, Alabama and West Virginia. I used to somewhat like West Virginia, but then came the Orange Bowl and Dana Holgorsen. Always hated Alabama, although have an awful lot of respect for a couple of their past coaches.

In addition to Clemson, I have family connections to Cincinnati, LSU, Princeton, Florida, Florida State and Auburn.

I guess that technically, I have one to SCAR, too. My dad transferred there from PC, but only because they allowed a fast track to dental school, so he went there to accomplish a goal, then left without graduating and entered dental school. Basically, he used them.

Toss-up for me between tOSU and Mich

Dec 14, 2018, 6:29 PM

Dec 14, 2018, 6:44 PM

Bama, FSU, The U and Ohio St just have always wanted these teams to lose. It might be because when we were an AVG program they were always elite.

Maryland. Gone but still rotten.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:45 PM

nm

I have quite enjoyed their irrelevance since moving

Dec 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

to the B1G. Not that they were relevant before. I think younger fans don't realize how ###### they are because they sucked for the majority of their lives.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 6:54 PM

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame

Dec 14, 2018, 7:08 PM

You didn’t say they had to be college teams, so:

College: Texas
Boise State

Pro: Miami
Dallas
Dallas
Dallas
Dallas

God, I hate the cowgirls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 9:11 PM

Ohio state, Oklahoma ( orange bowl fans), SC, Notre Dame, Michigan, and NC state. Personally I respect Alabama, I like Auburn’s fans and campus, so that’s it. Just find it hard to hate other teams(unless their coach is a d-bag). Otherwise I just love college football!

Dec 14, 2018, 7:12 PM

your list along w Tex, Okla, and Southern Cal

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 7:15 PM

Ohio State

Notre Dame

That is all.

Those teams could start the season with 22 freshmen as starters and still would be considered in the top 20 teams to start the season most years.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:16 PM

And Harbaugh's Michigan being shoved down our throats every year for the past several years is starting to make a case.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:19 PM

Can't believe nobody mentioned the tarholes! They are a very close second to the dirtpickers for me.

When did UNC leave the ACC?***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:45 PM

Man makes point ...

Dec 14, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams you hate outside of the Coots and conference? ]

As far as in-conference rivals go, UNC is the "Spaulding" of the ACC. They want it all … but are learning to "get nothing and like it" in ACC Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuNJq_wI1ns

Teams west of the Mississippi River. Boring !!!***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams west of the Mississippi River. Boring !!!***

Dec 15, 2018, 9:18 PM

And north if the mason Dixon line

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Alabama, then......Bama, then.....The Tide***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:24 PM

Dec 14, 2018, 7:26 PM

Meeshegan
Jawja
Ohigh Strait

You take out the fun when you remove coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 14, 2018, 7:28 PM

Any SEC school.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:48 PM

1) Notre Dame -from having to listen to their delusional fans for the 25 yrs I lived in Chicago
2) Michigan
2b) Oklahoma

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kennessaw State, GA State, Converse, UNLV***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 8:46 PM

This won't be popular but I don't hate any team. Too much energy to waste. The team I always pull against is the team whose loss helps Clemson the most.
Having said that, I'm always mindful of what helps recruiting and it helps more when we win and our neighbors lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma.

Dec 14, 2018, 8:49 PM

Thank Barry Switzer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma.

Dec 15, 2018, 1:16 AM

Thank you! Somehow OU entered the loathing a few years ago after the idiot QB talked smack!

Ohio State- cannot hate them because my roommates in CO were from Ohio and state fans. Got to enjoy the whoppin with them surrounded by a bunch of Ohio State fans ( on the Clemson side mind you). Funny story my new boss (again Ohio State fan) asked us to pick a name for our teams at a GM’s meeting. My fellow MN GM and now Tiger fan since the Goohers always suck, says 31 Donuts.

The list is long and distinguished though for me. Michigan (mainly because of Harbaugh). Talk about someone I pulled for in the pros and college before I realized what a turd he was. Kind of like Syracuse fans. UGA, Bama, ND, and OU top the list.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 8:50 PM

The only reason Florida is connected to the United State is GEORGIA SUCKS!!!!!

Dec 14, 2018, 9:07 PM

Same reason the Saint Johns River in Jacksonville, Florida runs south to north.....Georgia Sux!

Dec 14, 2018, 9:06 PM

When Saban brought that slime-ball from Maryland into his foal, i just cannot state what i hope happens to them...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 9:44 PM

I look at it differently, the teams I most enjoy watching lose

perv state

'domers

wv-who

Dec 14, 2018, 9:54 PM

I don't hate the Coots . I can't dislike something as pitiful as they are . If they weren't trying as hard as they are I may feel differently , but try as they may they are historically awful with no end to their misery in sight ... so I only pity them .

DB23

Notre Dame and UGA

Dec 14, 2018, 10:42 PM

For the same reasons; their fans. UGA pretends to be CFB blueblood while not having won a #### thing in 40 years.

Dec 14, 2018, 10:50 PM

Never hated the Bucks. Like to beat them well enough but remember when they beat So. Cal in the days of So. Cal's arrogance and that murderer OJ Simpson- though did not know he was a murderer at the time. Actually used to pull for ND, but saw how Dan Devine showed his tail in 1977, worst coach behavior I have ever seen, including Woody Hayes, who's outburst was momentary and perhaps a result of early stage dementia. But got over pulling for the BB heads after Devine and their NBC contract and half in and half out ACC membership. After we beat their A$$ the ACC needs to give them a choice, in or out.

this is an out of the box one for this area

Dec 14, 2018, 11:11 PM

But I will say the university of North Dakota fans.

They have a strong belief that college hockey is the biggest thing around and arrogantly puff out their chest about their hockey team even though considering the amount of resources they put into it (even sacrificing the resources for other sports sometimes, not wanting another UND sport surpassingly hockey) and the arena, compared to what other schools allocate, they are actually huge underachievers historically.

Then there is the whole fighting Sioux namesake controversy. Which they battled for years despite overwhelming condemnation from the Sioux nations of the Dakotas. They finally lost to the NCAA in 2010 in a naming dispute and lost the right to be called the Sioux. They didn't choose another name for 4 years. Allowed the Sioux name to remain popular and to this day their fans won't relinquish it. After they won the hockey title in 2016, they loundly chanted "Sioux forever" around the arena. They legitimately get angry if you refer to them by their now proper and official name the "Fighting Hawks".

They've pressured the North Dakota government on several occasions to spite their rival NDSU.

Just a generally unpleasant and confrontational group of people, especially over the name thing and over hockey.

Re: this is an out of the box one for this area

Dec 14, 2018, 11:25 PM

College Pond Hockey > Women's Basketball

Agree ?

DB23

maybe. But very few schools play D1 hockey

Dec 15, 2018, 12:06 PM

There's only a handful that commit the resources to it. UND commits the most by far

All of them

Dec 14, 2018, 11:39 PM

UGA foosball. UNC basket ball***

Dec 14, 2018, 11:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UTEP and HOFSTRA

Dec 14, 2018, 11:45 PM

go figure...

Dec 15, 2018, 12:28 AM

None. I don't think about any others. I don't get why anyone would either.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:33 AM

Nobody comes close as Scar in this category followed by Ga, NC State, Maryland and Ohio St

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

W. Va.. will never forget them leaving the 1st string in

Dec 15, 2018, 12:50 AM

running the score up on us,I want to play them again

Re: W. Va.. will never forget them leaving the 1st string in

Dec 15, 2018, 3:32 AM

Can't hate on WEST BG Virginia too much. Their whipping on Clemson brought us BV. They exposed the "great" Kevin Steele.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:04 AM

GEORGIA...not their team but their fans .

Dec 15, 2018, 7:04 AM

GEORGIA...not their team but their fans .

Dec 15, 2018, 7:16 AM

Hate is a strong word.

I hated UGa when I was at Clemson in the '80s. I kinda missed them until recently, so I don't like them.

Tired of Ohio St.
Tired of Mich and Harball.
Don't like Ole Miss b/c of the pvs coach.
Don't like Aub b/c of the Chizik scam thing
Don't like USC and UCLA b/c they are always supposed to be good and haven't been recently.

Contrary to many here, I don't hate Tenn. I have family that went there. I hope to see them pull out of their misery soon.

My list hasn't changed in 50 years.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:43 AM

ND, Texas, Ohio's Tate, So Cal, Oklahoma. South Carolina wouldn't be on my radar if not for the local morons delusion of grandeur.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby Smart and the Georgia State Bulldogs!***

Dec 15, 2018, 8:29 AM

Team I despise most after the Coots;

Dec 15, 2018, 9:04 AM

Having came to Clemson in 1969, the team I have hated most is Ooglie. This really became intense during the Danny Ford-Vince Dooley years. Back then this was more intense than that team from Bull Street. The game was usually the first or second game of the year and set up the tenor for the whole season. The 1978 game was typical. We won on the field in performance except for turnovers. This was our only loss.

Dec 15, 2018, 11:38 AM

Maryland ... hated them when they were in the ACC and glad the door didn’t hit in the butt on their way out. Hope th y wallow in mediocrity forever.

thUGA and Notre Shame. In that order

Dec 15, 2018, 12:01 PM

The more idiotic, football illiterate, cootish comments I read from Notre Shame fans, the more the hatred gap closes. They are a dumb bunch. UGAy is just trash.

Dec 15, 2018, 2:59 PM

I hate/despise UNCheat in ALL things, no matter the sport.
I dislike ND in every sport.
I dislike Duke bball; probably only me being jealous,....but will pull for them some games (NCAAT).
I hate FSU, only when we are playing them.
I pull against PSU in football every game and wish they did not have a football program right now.
Dislike O310 St....
As for UGA, I have half my family that loves the Dawgs, so I do not dislike them, but I do enjoy when they lose :).

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 15, 2018, 3:03 PM

I failed to say Maryland....I have a strong dislike for them too; except when I thought they were going to beat O31O St this year....

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 15, 2018, 5:47 PM

Notre Dame (well, on the football front they're not conference)
Bama, not just because of the recent rivalry but because my father and sister-in-law graduated from Tennessee, whose big rival is the Tide)

I'm with another poster about UGa. I don't hate them, maybe because I grew up in the Triad of North Carolina and didn't grow up as much a Tiger fan until I went to school at Clemson. My family is largely UNC, at least on my mother's side. However, now I am married to an NC State grad. Let's just say family time is awkward now. Now, GA TECH on the other hand, but you said out of conference.

Ohio State

Dec 16, 2018, 8:15 AM

I know a couple grads and a couple fans and in the most arrogant bunch I have ever been around. I reminded one when he was running his mouth, a neighbor, of the fact Ohio State is 0-4 vs the state of South Carolina and he looked at me like I was making it up.

I don't hate any team as much as the Coots but here is my

Dec 16, 2018, 8:50 AM

list of teams I like to see lose:

Any team that plays Clemson.

Big10:
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State
Michigan State
Northwestern

Big 12:
Oklahoma
West Virginia

SEC:
The whole darn conference except for Texas A&M - I'll pull for A&M to win except for when they play Clemson...

PAC12:
USC
UCLA
Cal
Stanford
I never want to see a team from Commiefornia win...

Independents:
Notre Dame - I hope these clowns lose every game they play until the end of time...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 11:16 AM

Georgia, ND, Michigan, O31O St, & Bama

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic