Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tavien Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Tavien Feaster

Jul 3, 2019, 2:02 PM

This guy battled through injuries most years and continued to work and fight for a spot on the depth chart going against one of the best RB's to come through Clemson. He had a huge role against Alabama this year catching a pass and keeping the chains moving to lead to Clemson's 2nd offensive TD, broke a 90 yard TD run against NC State to give us breathing room and win a game we couldn't find offense in, a huge TD catch against VT to start things off in a hostile road environment, great blocking almost every year to keep QBs healthy.. He is now getting his degree from Clemson and is ready to move on and has done a ton for the Clemson FB team behind the scenes and on the field even without being the top guy for us after carrying a ton of hype. Feaster deserves more than some of you "fans" deserve to give him and I for one would hate to see him in a different uniform but his decision is his to make and effects him and not us, he will get no hate from me and if you call yourself a fan then you shouldn't give him any hate either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger...

Jul 3, 2019, 2:08 PM

has a bit of ring to it, no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger...

Jul 3, 2019, 2:11 PM

Better than Tigercock for sure!

Tis tru...***

Jul 3, 2019, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a minute now.... I have one of those! :)***

Jul 3, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger... ]

Well if it has a ring

Jul 3, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger... ]

It's due to the Tiger part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, now thom, that's not nice, they won 5th place rings...

Jul 3, 2019, 2:19 PM

Happy 4th!

2 TU for DSP in one day..... I feel dirty.***

Jul 3, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Excuse me? You got a bong sittin' on the table in front of you??

Jul 3, 2019, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Once a Coot-Tiger, alway a Coot-Tiger... ]

;)

What's a "bong" anyway. Herd some youngsters talking smoking weed in one just the other day. They might been gangsters or somethin' LOL

Loved having #28 Tavien Feaster on our team

Jul 3, 2019, 2:28 PM

I totally agree with all the great things you say about Tavien, and agree with your sentiment that you want him to stay at Clemson. ,,,, and then we differ. I don't see the advantage of him going to another team for 1 year. Clemson needs him, and I think he benefits by staying at Clemson.

AND then there is the chance that he might transfer to our hated, arch rival. hmmmm. Poor form. If he does, he will be dead to me. Just say'n. That is how I feel.

Hope he stays at CLEMSON --- and then the love will continue to flow.

PS: Which future RB teammate is going to welcome a 1 year senior, and be happy about conceding playing time? NO ONE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loved having #28 Tavien Feaster on our team

Jul 3, 2019, 2:35 PM

I didn't say I will support him if he goes to the Gamecoots, but I won't bash him all over the internet like some want to do before he even makes a decision.

As to the benefit if he goes to a team like VT is "the guy" and lights up the coastal for 1,000+ yards rushing he could earn an invite to the combine to show his stuff there. Both staying and going are going to benefit him in different ways and that's why he's weighing his options and I know it's not just an easy "i'm going to pack up and leave" as he's become family to these teammates and coaches here at Clemson and is very close to home here. But sometimes stepping away and taking a chance brings other benefits but the future is unknown and he is making a tough decision on what he thinks is the right choice.

Re: Loved having #28 Tavien Feaster on our team

Jul 3, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Loved having #28 Tavien Feaster on our team ]

Going somewhere and getting 150+ carries will be much better for him than getting less than 70 carries at Clemson. Dude averages like 6 yards a touch. He only got the ball around 5 times a game at Clemson. Why would he not leave if he could if he is trying to show the NFL what he can be.

And now we need him for all those same reasons

Jul 3, 2019, 2:30 PM

and he walks so he can maybe start, perhaps get a handful more touches.

Is certainly his right. No one denying him that. We can debate the right vs wrong of him leaving, but I'm thinking its not what he signed up for when he agreed to wear #28. This is not bashing Feaster - everybody has to make their own way - but I couldn't have done this.

The pro aspect is not an issue. He is either going to make more money than he can spend or not a dime, regardless of whether he stays or goes. The only way this works out better than the situation he is in here is to go to Oklahoma or Texas and run for 1200 yrds. Unlikely, and certainly not a given either now or when he made his decision. Put me in Feaster's body right now, and if I'm looking at preparing for finances 10 years down the road, you couldn't drag me away from Clemson.

So, no, from either a personal or financial viewpoint, I don't understand the decision. But its not my place to approve or disapprove: if its okay for Bryant its okay for Feaster. But if I'm Bryant I do it and if I'm Feaster I don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tavien Feaster

Jul 3, 2019, 2:32 PM

Agreed, but if he transfers to USUC, he becomes a traitor.

Jul 3, 2019, 4:40 PM

Agreed, but if he transfers to USUC, he becomes a traitor.

AGREED!!!

BEST OF LUCK to Feaster because you will need it if

Jul 3, 2019, 2:44 PM

you are planning to showcase your talents running behind that OL at SCar playing against UGA, Bama, Clemson, A&M, etc.

I commend you for your spunk, but I would advise going to VT if you would prefer not to die.

Best wishes!

Jul 3, 2019, 2:47 PM

If he goes to the coots it will be the closest the coots ever get to having a natty ring.

Jul 3, 2019, 2:49 PM

He’s grownup in South Carolina and spent three years at Clemson, so he is fully aware of the disdain Clemson fans have for U5Cjr, so if he makes that choice he will not be shocked by the reaction. I have said before and I’ll say it again if he chooses U5Cjr that he’s doing so because he has hard feelings for Clemson, because they don’t meet any of his stated criteria. He has other opportunities and to choose the gamecocks can only be viewed as a snub at Clemson, so I hope he chooses more wisely. I will be pulling for them to lose every game with or without Feaster.

Go Tigers, and no true Tiger becomes a gamecock.

Belk Bowl Runners Up

Jul 3, 2019, 3:12 PM

has a nice ring to it...like a 5th place ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interestingly...

Jul 3, 2019, 3:14 PM

while Feaster's touches could increase, his yards per carry could decrease at uof5c or VT largely because of poor OL performance.

VT is actually in a little better shape along the OL compared to uof5c. Of course, so is Dixie High School.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i would go to blacksburg before cootlumbia

Jul 3, 2019, 6:46 PM

its like a hunerd degrees down there and too much traffic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 3:58 PM

I don't have any problem with him transferring. I actually think thats the best move for him but please pick literally any other team in the country than SCAR. If he were to choose SCAR I have to stop routing for him and I honestly can't consider him a tiger anymore. Don't care what anyone says. You can't be a Gamecock and a Tiger, sorry. I do hope he makes a wise decision and chooses any other school.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 4:30 PM

Sethslyy, i totally agree with you.

However, your post left me breathless. That had to be the longest 4-sentence post I've ever read on Tigernet.

Good luck to Tavien, Clemson grad and football player who looked out for his QB.

Tavien is and will forever be a Clemson man, regardless

Jul 3, 2019, 4:38 PM

of what school or program he may affiliate with after graduation. It's really just that simple.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't pull for him if he becomes a coot and plays against

Jul 3, 2019, 10:32 PM

us. Otherwise, he'll always be a Tiger to me, and I wish him nothing but the best!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic