Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers, Sooners continue pregame trash talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers, Sooners continue pregame trash talk

Dec 30, 2015, 8:01 PM

Tigers, Sooners continue pregame trash talk

If the week leading up to the Orange Bowl is any indication, Thursday's game is going to be a little chippy from the start. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week

Dec 30, 2015, 8:09 PM

He starts it but gets so mad when somebody else says something.

Re: Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week

Dec 30, 2015, 8:15 PM

Yeah, those 3,500 yards and 30 touchdowns passing came by accident.

Dec 30, 2015, 8:56 PM

Daniel son, the yards he seems to have made before have no bearing now. He will face something he isn't used to, Grasshopper, and he won't like it much. But, it will all come out on the field, just like it did last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2016, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

Are you still here? Yet another good, old fashioned whipping, and we will commemorate it with another toombstone, Daniel son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

Yep, Peeon too. And he should really be more concerned with running the ball than running his mouth. As for Tapper hope one of the trolls forward this too you, your mouth is the only thing you will shut down tomorrow.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 10:08 PM

We're gonna look a lil different than what you guys are expecting. I honestly think you guys overall are a tad overconfident and putting a lil too much weight on last yrs team. From a "competitive fire and intangibles" standpoint, it's night and day different. We KNEW we didn't have it last yr. I didn't think we'd not show up and completely lay an egg like we did and not compete....but we knew we weren't very good team, intangibly or shematically. We had MAJOR issues on both sides of the ball. There's a very good reason Knight lost his job. He sucks! He had 1 good game against Bama, but he is not a good QB. Great guy. TERRIBLE QB (see 2nd half TCU game). I'm telling you from being up close that Baker is a completely different animal. We have a lot of the same players, but they are a year older and we have wayyy better coaching. Our secondary is what has improved and solidified the most and our D-lineman are very well coached, fundamentally sound and disciplined and have some solid talent. Not over- the -top -talent...but talented enough to DEF get the job done. Win or lose, we're gonna show up this time. No doubt! IMO it's gonna be a blood bath of a battle and it will not be easy for either team. I'm just wondering if the peops that are WAYYY overconfident on here are gonna come eat their big healthy helping of crow if OU wins, or are they gonna go hide? I'm gonna come congrat you guys if you win and even root for you to finish the deal too. If we win though, I won't be too harsh but I'm definitely gonna have a lil bit to say about being overconfident and not respecting your opponent.

Look Dude...you seem fairly respectful ..

Dec 30, 2015, 10:49 PM

You should know you always have fans who say we're gonna kill (insert opponent here). Then when you have an opponent's board trashing your school calling you orange aggy and trashing a team for not being a blue blood tradition wise, etc., well those antics just troll out the crazies on our side and in turn they bring out your crazies. The crazies are often band wagoners. Reality is the crazies on the loser's side will vaporize about 7 PM tomorrow night.

The real fans, regardless of side, will be around to congratulate, although I think it will be tougher for a lot of your blue blood fans. There's a certain arrogance there making it tough to give credit to a non-blue blood.

The reality is we are playing with house money. You are not. You came into this season expected to be a contender for it all. We came in not being given a chance bc we are not a blue blood and we lost all of our D to the NFL and have a brand new O line. If/when we beat you tommorrow you should come congratulate and apologize for underestimating our team ... bc we don't have as many 30+ year old titles as you. Then you should go back to the barren brush country and hide in a Jack rabbit hole for a long time. I mean how would a blue blood lose to a team that replaced everyone on both lines? It was not supposed to be our year until next year. This year is just gravy for us. Really there's No pressure on our side, but there is a lot of confidence. I like our chances but agree it should be a war.

Go Tigers!

very well said***

Dec 31, 2015, 7:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look Dude...you seem fairly respectful ..

Jan 1, 2016, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Look Dude...you seem fairly respectful .. ]

Crickets! That's all I hear from them now that the whipping has come to fruition. I expected nothing less. I also expected we would beat them pretty handily, and just before half time you could see the fatigue setting in on their defenders. the second half was a real beat down, right down their throats, and there wasn't a darned thing they could do about it. Stoops punting on 4th down at the end was the signal that the towel was thrown in, and they surrendered, at which point Dabo honored their request that the surrender be acknowledged and accepted. Great game played by the Tigers.

Dec 31, 2015, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

Don't worry, we think you are doing the dame thing. If you can't tell a difference between a 40 QBR backup and an 88 or so QBR Heisman finalist, then you ate also being overconfident. I believe we know what we see. ...Mayfield is better than Knight, he also has issues staying poised under extreme pressure. Stats, Perine had less yards this year than last year
..and MacKenzie is still here for Shepard. Beyond that., spot the ball. We aren't scared if you haven't figured that out yet. GO TIGERS!!!

Not trying to be rude, but...

Dec 31, 2015, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

I find it humorous that every time I hear ESPiN or OU fans talking about their star players this year, they have to mention WHERE they played LAST year.

I love how the Clemson staff doesn't deal with JUCO players. One of the main reason we are winning a lot of elite recruits. Then they COACH them up and make them better! Not discard them and search for a replacement...

All those transfers you have are loyal to themselves only. Every player that wears orange tomorrow also bleeds it! In a tough game, we will come together as the family we are, while yours will fall apart as individuals.

we're waiting on your congrats, you said you would. Crickets***

Jan 1, 2016, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

tapper is a yapper.***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

I hope Hyatt leaves cleat tracks on his liver.

Dec 30, 2015, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

God knows his brain is already scar tissue.

Lol! +1 No doubt! I hope he thinks the

Dec 31, 2015, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Tapper wins the award for dumbest remarks this week ]

first play from scrimmage will be a jet sweep to Leggett....since apparently he runs the ball, from the TE position no less! Maybe he can run some of Cain's routes while he's at it? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be kinda funny if

Dec 31, 2015, 6:48 AM

we actually had some secret weird wildcat formation where Leggett does get a handoff and this loaf just louded out his team for spying on practices!

Re: New Story: Tigers, Sooners continue pregame trash talk

Dec 30, 2015, 8:11 PM

Guys who trash talk often are making up for something, like the guy driving the bright yellow Corvette. Let your play do the talking. Often, trash talk turns into trash actions, which lead to penalties. Let them unravel like Miami. Don't "Stoop" to their level.

OK....you will be home Friday...enjoy the ride

Dec 30, 2015, 8:14 PM

Losers..

I am trying not to be biased

Dec 30, 2015, 8:29 PM

But it sure does feel as if the confidence coming from the Clemson players is much more deep and grounded than that of the OU players. We are going to go out there and royally kick some a@@.

Dec 30, 2015, 8:39 PM

Good thing we play the game.

i have to say that i honestly figured that Mayfield would be the 1st

Dec 30, 2015, 8:59 PM

To run his mouth & actually hes one of the few that isnt. I am trying to figure out if he is just scared or if he is as humble a guy as he is trying to come off as? I will have a new found respect for him if its the latter. Ive always looked at him as a punk that is egotistical & showboat-ish, but maybe im wrong. I just hope hes as humble a loser as he is a winner. After tomorrow we will find out for sure. Go Tigers! #ALLIN

Re: i have to say that i honestly figured that Mayfield would be the 1st

Dec 30, 2015, 9:20 PM

> To run his mouth & actually hes one of the few that
> isnt. I am trying to figure out if he is just scared
> or if he is as humble a guy as he is trying to come
> off as? I will have a new found respect for him if
> its the latter. Ive always looked at him as a punk
> that is egotistical & showboat-ish, but maybe im
> wrong. I just hope hes as humble a loser as he is a
> winner. After tomorrow we will find out for sure. Go
> Tigers! #ALLIN

Baker definitely flirts the good/bad cocky line, but it's a good cocky. He hasn't been a trash talker before games but you can tell when he's thinking something smarta$$ because he'll give this lil sly smirk haha. Once he gets between the lines, he's a bigtime smack talker and will get right back in 300+ pound d-lineman a face. He is a FIERCE competitor! An absolute WARRIOR! Really is. We haven't had the kind of "edge" he brings to the QB position my entire life. Most of our QB's have quite frankly had bad field demeanor.

At the same time though, he doesn't just talk to talk. If he gets sacked and the guys not talking a bunch of noise to him, he'll give him a pat on the helmet and say "good hit".

The biggest thing with Baker that I love is that if we're struggling or he makes a bad play, he doesn't put his head down and he stays positive and keeps talking to the team and keeps everybody around him in the game mentally. He threw a pick when the baylor game was hanging in the balance and he was caught on camera looking the offensive players in the eyes with this intense look and saying "that's ones on me guys and I promise it's not gonna happen again. When we get the ball back we're gonna go score". He delivered with two straight touchdown drives. He IS OUr engine!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:49 PM

>
> At the same time though, he doesn't just talk to
> talk. If he gets sacked and the guys not talking a
> bunch of noise to him, he'll give him a pat on the
> helmet and say "good hit".
>

So, if I understand you correctly, he likes to talk trash, but will be respectful to the opposition as long as they don't talk trash? Sounds legit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 10:11 PM

No

Dec 30, 2015, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: i have to say that i honestly figured that Mayfield would be the 1st ]

> >
> > At the same time though, he doesn't just talk to
> > talk. If he gets sacked and the guys not talking a
> > bunch of noise to him, he'll give him a pat on the
> > helmet and say "good hit".
> >
>
> So, if I understand you correctly, he likes to talk
> trash, but will be respectful to the opposition as
> long as they don't talk trash? Sounds legit.

No, what I'm saying is that he not just some punk out there and if somebody makes a good play on him, he'll pat them on the head and be a sportsman about it and give me their props. If somebody's messing with him though and being an ###, he's not gonna back down from a confrontation and lay down. He is fearless.

You seem a little too attracted to that smirk..******

Dec 31, 2015, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: i have to say that i honestly figured that Mayfield would be the 1st ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gary Patterson nailed it. He is just like his daddy

Dec 30, 2015, 11:22 PM [ in reply to i have to say that i honestly figured that Mayfield would be the 1st ]

Thinks his doesn't stink. If he was any good he would've gave him a free ride.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 11:23 PM

My 2 cents. I like that they are all having fun. But this Tapper kid's mouth reminds me of a DB that I just watched on the Louisville game that strutted and popped his chest after a receiver had a pass bounce off his shoulder pads.

I predict a lugubrious ride home for the Sooners***

Dec 31, 2015, 9:34 AM

Hey Landthieves is your DTthat's out on Teppan-Yaki ' s side

Dec 31, 2015, 1:41 PM

Is that gonna be your excuse when Hyatt one - on-one executes 10 pancakes?

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic