Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tanner is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Tanner is

Dec 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

A quality player and a big part of the success of the Tigers. Some Tiger fans aren’t really fans at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tanner is

Dec 11, 2019, 8:47 AM

Listen, you don't have to ignore our teams weaknesses to be a true fan, but people on here have been unfair to Tanner. BV wants to stop the run first and tanner is huge in that regard. Often BV gambles on the secondary in his efforts to disrupt the run. Often, Tanner is the guy that gets put on the hot seat when that happens - much more often than not, he handles that heat well. finally, BV is willing to give up a big play occasionally to dominate from down to down.

While we are at it, let me take another opportunity to tell people to get off of Will Spier's back, too. This young man does exactly what the team needs him to do - kick to angles - rugby kicks, kill returns, etc. He is averaging over 40 yards per kick and is ranked in the top 35 punters for net yards (which is all that really matters to the team).

Dec 11, 2019, 8:50 AM

Agreed, good post.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 8:49 AM

He absolutely has done a great job for us and I am proud he is a member of the Clemson family and team. If you remember he was an outstanding baseball player coming out of high school, so glad he stuck with football and us.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 8:50 AM

I’m a little bias because I coached him and a huge tiger fan attending many games. I will say idk why he was never a linebacker but people saying he is slow and this and that need to realize how great he has played this year especially and have came away with big plays. He is one of the fastest and if wasn’t good he wouldn’t be in the starting role and relied on. He wouldn’t be all conference first team and up for top award and such. Trust the coaches you’re not the one coaching. Everyone has a bad game and he got taken out vs uva. Came back in and did well.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:51 AM

I will also say this. In hs he was a wing back in the option and a safety on defense. Didn’t see much passing in practice day in and day out and many teams they play do not throw!

Dec 11, 2019, 8:56 AM

Most of the back talk about Tanner is because fans don’t understand football and look at the big picture__

We are number 1 overall in defense.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 11, 2019, 9:03 AM

He is a solid player and has been for 4 years, I remember when he has a Pick 6 against Cuse is freshman year, I thought then that this guy was going to be a good one and he is.

True team leader and he will make more positive plays that coverage busts.

Dec 11, 2019, 9:10 AM

....going to be missed. I wish he was going to be around another year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love his hard licks & covering ground at high speed!

Dec 11, 2019, 9:17 AM

The man has a motor & loves the game..

and when a WR'er does beat him he doesn't give up but turns & goes for them lickerty split and amazingly (as in the UVa game) he catches them from behind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not for Isaiah Simmons, Muse would be in that spot and

Dec 11, 2019, 9:20 AM

racking up huge numbers and positioning himself for a higher draft pick.

Having two 230 pound guys in the back 7 that can run gives BV a ton of flexibility.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic