Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk Me In To Going To The Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Talk Me In To Going To The Game

Jan 3, 2019, 2:03 PM

I have the money, and the ability to get off work. Should i not take this for granted and go?

I live on the SC coast and its a long trip. Im 27, and have a baby boy on the way. What if we win and never go again? I have to tell him about this glorious time.

Someone please help talk me in to this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talk Me In To Going To The Game

Jan 3, 2019, 2:05 PM

You should go.

Go or I'll call you a coot***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They're really big into alternative lifestyles.***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:08 PM

I also live on the SC coast (MP here). My fiancee and I are flying out first thing in the morning. Tix are cheaper than you'll maybe ever see for another natty (trust me, as I have 4 for sale right now) and there are numerous cheap flights if you get creative with it. A poster a few days ago sent a couple of interesting Alaskan Air flights that will get you to Seattle, and then from Seattle, your options are limitless. Once you have your son, you may not get the chance for another 5-10 years. It sounds like you want to go, are you all-in or not?!

Jan 3, 2019, 2:42 PM

ill buy 2 from you right now please DM me

I have decided to go please get in touch with me

would be glad to go and buy from a fellow tiger. A co worker will go with me!

Message was edited by: neontiger®

Jan 3, 2019, 2:09 PM

If your wife is good with it, by all means go! If the baby is due, stick around because that’s once in a lifetime that trumps even a Natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2014 neontiger® would have kicked your ### for thinking this.

You'll regret it forever if you don't.***

I don't believe that, because he'll never understand what he missed.***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 3, 2019, 2:10 PM

On the flight, you’ll sit between two gigantors whose blubber invades your space, get sick thanks to the person behind you sneezing; it rains at the game, you sit amongst obnoxious Bama fans, and we lose.

The down side is pretty low...

Whoops, did you say talk you into this?

do it man, when else are you going to have a chance to

Jan 3, 2019, 2:12 PM

poop in the streets after a tiger win?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:14 PM

" I would rather be sorry for the things I did, rather than for the things I didn't do".

I think you've already talked yourself into it

Jan 3, 2019, 2:26 PM

Go do it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:28 PM

Stay home, save the money, spend it on the little one. They are expensive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 2:44 PM

Take the adventure. You'll have money to spend on the baby by the time it's old enough to do anything. you can't even go to a movie without a sitter for about 4 years! It's is worth it, but go now. My husband used to say the kid doesn't know the difference between the beach in Myrtle Beach and Hawaii until they are like a teenager.

Go and have fun...but not too much fun. You got a kid on the way!

Been to 2 of 3...

Jan 3, 2019, 2:46 PM

Would have been 3 of 3 if I had the means to make it to game #2 but didn't at the time. Both times I went we won! Would love to go to this one but again a little short so I will watch from home.

I've never regretted one minute of going and regret the one I missed (even though it was a loss) and regret not being able to make this one. By all means - go if you can!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a $300 round-trip from Charleston to Las Vegas

Jan 3, 2019, 2:48 PM

It's a scenic 8-hour drive from LV to the stadium. Tickets to the game are cheap and getting cheaper. Likely under $100 to get in by game day.

http://skipl.ag/y7l9

I have a place for you to stay, you will need a sleeping bag

Jan 3, 2019, 2:51 PM

It is one mile from the stadium.

I have a 2nd baby on the way and I am going.

Message was edited by: Matthetiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: I have a place for you to stay, you will need a sleeping bag

Jan 3, 2019, 3:00 PM

Well, if THAT invitation did not convince you....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is easy..

Jan 3, 2019, 2:57 PM

Before the Phx NCG, I was on the fence. I only go with my daughter, so it was going to be pricey 5 days before the game.
I talked to my brother and he said, Jeff, I spend $1000 a month in childcare. You have the chance to go see a team you love with your daughter. You only get so many chances in life. He said, do you know what I'd give to have this opportunity? (He's a Citadel grad, married a Gamecoot). We went to Phx, lost, but a had a great time. I never think of the $, but I think of cruising into the 4 Peaks Wilderness in a jeep with the top off, hanging with my then 13yo and my college roommate.. seeing my kid and Cj Spiller go from morose after the game to hugging and both smiling ear to ear after having met one another.. cheering so hard at the game and high fiving those strangers around me. I am proud to have supported my school.

My wife this year before the Cotton Bowl: Take our daughter to Dallas and make memories. Money comes and goes, enjoy your team while they ride this high. What a great game and new set of memories!

Dude, your life is getting ready to change in ways you could never forecast. If have the time and money, why wouldn't you go. That said, if you need to be talked into it you just might have to keep your filthy hands off the rock so to speak.

Do it.. Go.. BE LOUD from the 25 sec playclock on D, every D play, or stay home.

Safe travels ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 3, 2019, 3:02 PM

Want to know why? I decided to save money and not go in 2016 when we won, I still regret it. Who knows when it'll be this cheap to go again anyways and you'll want to tell your boy about seeing the tigers lift the trophy the same year he was born. Our run won't last forever so enjoy it while it lasts.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic