Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Take your orange coated glasses off and tell me how you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Take your orange coated glasses off and tell me how you

Dec 25, 2019, 5:52 PM

feel about Saturday night? Would love for it to be a repeat of our last year’s game against the “best college team ever,” but I think we are in for a dog fight. Ohio State has a brutal RB and a strong OL.

We have the speed, but they have just as much strength as we do. I think it will be decided by one of two things. Which team comes to play (they have the 30-0 revenge factor in their heads), and, who gets the breaks...interceptions, fumbles, special teams.

As is typical! I am a wreck. Think about NC State missing a field goal, Louisville player going out of bounds right before the first yard marker, Syracuse and Pittsburg loses recently.

GO TIGERS'!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson wins by 2 scores

Dec 25, 2019, 5:54 PM

nobody else could keep it that close

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take your orange coated glasses off and tell me how you

Dec 25, 2019, 5:57 PM

47 - 24 Clemson

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Dec 25, 2019, 6:02 PM

Since my opinion is as good and probably better as anyone at ESPN im going with my eyes and history and predicting Clemson 35-17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once upon a time, I used to

Dec 25, 2019, 6:11 PM

Hope Clemson could make it to a game such as this. I would be happy with an appearance. 1981 changed all of that...alas...post-81 wasn't so kind.

When Dabo came on the scene, I was happy with a very non-parochial selection. I respected TDP, so figured he knew something many of us didn't. Upon reading his history with 'off the wall' hires, I felt even better.

Nothing rings truer than the spirit of man's conviction...in words, yeah, they're fine, but in deed...in the molding of men...in 'doing things the right way'...that doesn't generally come in one package. And yet...TDP gift-wrapped and delivered the gem of the collegiate football coaching world.

I embrace the experiences and opportunities as though I were part of the team. As such, I don't worry about the outcomes of games. My sole concern is having the outcome of a game decided not by the players...for either team, actually. They all work too hard to not let their preparation deliver a result. If the game goes as planned, the score will say one team plays next month for the title...but neither leave as losers.

I really enjoy Clemson Tiger football and have no quarrel with outcomes. In fact, when Pitt beat Clemson, long ago in a land still nearby, I laughed when I heard Panther fans chanting "2 and 0, 2 and 0". How can one not like that?

I know...I know.. TL/DR.... your loss! ;)

Tigers are going to win! It will be a good game...well played...but...it's all Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was my exact pick in the prediction thread***

Dec 25, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Take your orange coated glasses off and tell me how you ]

Dec 25, 2019, 6:06 PM

30-0?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

32-0 Tigers.***

Dec 25, 2019, 6:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Games are won in the trenches

Dec 25, 2019, 6:10 PM

And defense wins games. Coach V is America’s best! OSU is good... but not good enough!

Dec 25, 2019, 6:10 PM

Instead of an opinion I’ll give you what I have seen. Fields is fantastic hitting receivers downfield with WR run wide open (no one within 7 yards), but he struggles making tight reads. I think you will see more of a Bama repeat be ACC championship repeat. Perkins continually made the right read on exotic blitz packages before BV adjusted and went more zone with spy. On offense I don’t think Fields in anywhere close to the football IQ of Perkins. We blitz often and confuse the heck out of him a la Tua. Stating the obvious stop Dobbins and force throws we clearly win the matchup.

Offense may be a bit tougher sledding. I want and think we see us run right at Young. The dude is a phenom and likely top 2 draft pick. That doesn’t mean he’s perfect and you think he’s more quick twitch then set the edge rusher. I think if we run at him with a pull we can at least get him back on his heels. Give TLaw and company and extra split second bc Young questions the read and that’s all we need. Their secondary is fantastic and I really wanted Okudah here but give me our WRs against anybody to make a play. I think our Oline holds just enough to give ETN 100 yards and with that our passing game goes off. I’m guessing something like 42-24 type of game is where my head is at. All that to say #### I hope I’m right and not just a dumb Tnetter reader lol!!

We will see soon and go Tigers with the natty.

Dec 25, 2019, 6:13 PM

I agree, some NFL team is going to get a great player in Perkins.

Dec 25, 2019, 6:15 PM

Not sure he has the God given ability with his arm talent... however the dude is a brilliant football player and someone who flat out wins. Hope he finds a home in the NFL but not sure he has the arm talent.

Dec 25, 2019, 6:14 PM

I feel good. They are certainly the best team we have faced this year but we are still better at almost every position imo. If Fields can navigate through what BV throws at him they might have a chance but I don't see it. I deff doubt they can stop our O.

This is still mostly the same Ohio St team that

Dec 25, 2019, 6:15 PM

lost to Purdue by 29 last year.

Dec 25, 2019, 6:25 PM

48-7 good guys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 25, 2019, 7:36 PM

If I take off my orange colored glasses, then my Venables colored contact lenses are still there! No way their offense can survive Venables! Yes, they also have a good defense, but they have not played an offense like Clemson's.
Our defense cuts their average point total in half (48.7/2) = 24
Our offense triples their defense give up (12.5*3) = 38

Add in a defensive touchdown for the good guys, and the total score for the Tiger win is 45 - 24.

So we go to NO with our 30 point win streak stopped, but very happy!

Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: JPRICH Top Paw®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2019, 8:17 PM

I like the way you do math!

Why should I remove my orange coated glasses?

Dec 25, 2019, 8:03 PM

Clemson 42
Ohio St 10

Simply put the buckeyes are going to get throat punched in the first half. Come the 3rd quarter they will realize WE don't bend and break after carrying a 3 td lead into the second half like their Big10 counterparts.

Dec 25, 2019, 10:09 PM

45-27 Tigers
It has been a long time since our defense has not played great. I don't expect that to change Saturday. We have speed, size, smarts, and the best defensive coach in college football.
Offensively we have everything going for us. As long as we can block their defensive end, I can't see them shutting us down.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Dec 25, 2019, 10:16 PM

We're peaking at the right time, which seems to be Dabo's genius. The offense is firing on all cylinders and the D is dialed in.

I'm nervous, but I think we win!

I'm approaching this game like all others:

Dec 26, 2019, 4:24 AM

guarded optimism.

The greatest asset for us IMO is our staff...their experience on the national stage handling teams like Ohio State. Secondly, we have a lot of returning players with the experience of that massive victory over Bama last January. And thirdly, despite all the media hoopla, I have no doubts that any and every HC and staff we will or might face won't have a certain reserve having to face us. Why? For the reasons stated above.

GO TIGERRRRRRRS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2019, 4:43 AM

34-31

34-21 Tigers. They get a late TD

Dec 26, 2019, 5:45 AM

Oh310 State has the ND syndrome. ESPN and the media writing checks they aren't gonna be able to cash.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic