Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bad day at the office
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Bad day at the office

Oct 20, 2013, 2:37 AM

Bad day at the office

Tajh Boyd threw the two costly interceptions, and Boyd admitted that he didn’t perform at an acceptable level against FSU. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bad day at the office

Oct 20, 2013, 2:57 AM

Sorry Tajh,but you don't get off that easy.
Not only didn't you perform at an acceptable level,but neither did the team,or the coaching staff.
This bad day at the office ,as you say,was not an acceptable level,it was a f(r)e(a)k(i)n train wreck.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:49 AM

Bad days at the office like this typically get some people fired in the real world.

yeah this wasn't a "bad day"

Oct 20, 2013, 12:07 PM

like a little late, spilled coffee on a report type of day. This was like, I lost the companies biggest client and made sure we can never get them back type of day

It's more like you took a sick day, Tajh.***

Oct 20, 2013, 3:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 20, 2013, 7:29 AM

^^ You are right! Great analysis!

He should have been Yanked from the game after

Oct 20, 2013, 7:39 AM

the first fumble. I just got a strong feeling that he would never recover from that debacle. Dabo had to go over and counsel him

Re: He should have been Yanked from the game after

Oct 20, 2013, 1:03 PM

He should have been yanked after he threw passes into the dirt...history tells us that when he does this he is not going to have a good day...just take a look at his six losses...in each of them he loses his touch and cant get it back.

The problem is that there just really isn't anybody behind

Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to He should have been Yanked from the game after ]

him. Chad and Cole look fine against mop-up level competition, but you wouldn't have wanted to throw them into that fire and ask them to suddenly read Florida-State level blitz schemes.

Yea..you yank your best after a bad play.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:27 PM [ in reply to He should have been Yanked from the game after ]

Right...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

He played like crap but I still wouldn't trade him for any

Oct 20, 2013, 10:08 AM

body else.

Get back to work and beat the tar out of the turtles!!

Re: He played like crap but I still wouldn't trade him for any

Oct 20, 2013, 10:22 AM

Well since pathetic Wake just beat the tar out of them, we should put up 60

Re: Front Page Story: Bad day at the office***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:18 AM

What about Seckinger?why was he not benched?***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:19 AM

5th year Senior still gets rattled***

Oct 20, 2013, 12:04 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Boyd has alway been boom or bust. Rattle him and it's bust.***

Oct 20, 2013, 12:41 PM

Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 PM

In 53 years this was one of the worst performances at home by a Clemson team since a 43-0 drubbing by Georgia and Ray Goff. Hoot-tie Ingram must have been coaching last night. We should have paid Wake to play the game for us. So much for the great Tadj Boyds Heisman hopes.Better watch out for Maryland.

Backups

Oct 20, 2013, 1:42 PM

I would have put Cole in way earlier and given Boyd a rest. Cole has impressed me when he is on there. He covers the field looking for open receivers and delivers a catchable pass. Look at his stats Would he have messed up? I am not sure. He practices like the rest if his teammates And. Boyd wasn't having a great game, so why not. They changed everybody else but him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh is not NFL talent

Oct 20, 2013, 2:30 PM

Love what hes done for us, but doesnt know how to step into a pocket, go through a progression, or handle simple zone-read runs.

Hopin we can still win all except USC plus the bowl...

Re: Tajh is not NFL talent

Oct 20, 2013, 3:57 PM

That is very accurate, tigerfan. Boyd's pocket presence is absolutely horrible! He always run where the sack pressure is instead of avoiding the pressure side. He would have time to throw the ball if he would step up in the pocket. Stoudt has nice pocket presence. He stays in the pocket and he scans the field. I have never been a Boyd fan. He is good when the first read receiver is open, but anything other than that, he is poor at every other aspect of being a quarterback.

Oct 20, 2013, 4:13 PM

I was at he game and people were talking at the half that Cole might start the 3rd qtr. I said no way, Dabo will stick with him no matter what and that's the problem. Love #10 like a brother but when he's off you gotta sit him down and try something else. Why stick with him when its obvious he's having a bad night? poor coaching all around. Defense made no adjustments all night. Everybody was open all night.

Oct 20, 2013, 4:34 PM

Opposing coaches have figured Boyd out, also. Everybody is bringing pressure, and they know that Boyd is totally rattled under pressure. I understand that Dabo and Morris have some type of commitment and/or loyalty to Boyd, but with his inability to respond to pressure they really need to look at Cole and Kelley. He cannot make the short passes to counteract the pressure and he is hurting the team. Cole just seems to have the calmness and the decision making to move the offense. Tough decisions are difficult to make, but this move needs to be made.

Oct 20, 2013, 7:01 PM

Ah-Men, When Boyd is hot, he's hot. He still throws a little high or behind even then but Cole needs to be looked at.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic