Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RN's mom is from Nigeria and she really likes Mississippi.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

RN's mom is from Nigeria and she really likes Mississippi.

Feb 6, 2013, 3:16 PM

A state and school KNOWN for diversity, equality, and tolerance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all due respect...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

South Carolina's racial history is not much better and, furthermore, Clemson has Tillman Hall and we all know his history.

Bottom Line: Racial history pretty weak crutch to lean on for any school in the South.

Why it's so hard to fathom a kid may want to go play with his brother is beyond me.

I believe Clemson signed Taj Boyd after finishing the previous year 7-6. Using the logic here I guess he was handed a bag of cash??

O course he was. I handed it to him personally.***

Feb 6, 2013, 3:27 PM

Tajh came here because I handed him a bag full of

Feb 6, 2013, 3:43 PM

Krystal "hamburgers." "If you don't go to Clemson, I'll see this is your lunch every day for the next 4 years." That was probably overkill. Just threatening him with that for the next week would probably have done the trick.

Re: Tajh came here because I handed him a bag full of

Feb 6, 2013, 4:31 PM

I think we have Lane Kiffen to thank for Taj. His scholly was pulled or something when Lane came to UT. Just one of many things that didn't work out for UT with Lane.

I understand the brother connection...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

how about the rest of their class?

Regardless of HISTORY, they are the Rebels TODAY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at the class most of the studs are from Mississippi

Feb 6, 2013, 3:31 PM

The state had a great crop of players this year. The school has national championships, Eli Manning, Patrick Willis, Michael Oher, and hot women. Plus, they play in the SEC.

LOL no they aren't. They had 12 4 or 5 star signees. Only 4

Feb 6, 2013, 3:35 PM

were from Mississippi. The other eight were from Tn, Tx, Fla, Il, Ga

5 of the 12 4 or 5 star are from Miss. 2 more from Memphis

Feb 6, 2013, 3:47 PM

area which is 90 minutes from the campus. In all 12 of 27 are from Mississippi which is solid for a state with small population. 18 of 27 are from Miss, Tenn, Alabama, or Louisiana. Only 1 recruit from outside SEC territory, Logan Treadwell.

Ole Miss has consistently finished in the Top 25 in recruiting.

2012 #40- Late start in recruiting
2011 #19
2010 #18
2009 #18
2008 #29- Late start with hiring of Houston Nutt

According to Scout 8 of their 12 four and five stars are

Feb 6, 2013, 4:55 PM

from states other than Miss. According to you, most of their "stud" recruits were from the state of Miss. That was not correct.

I really don't know why you bring up their past recruiting rankings or their state population. That had nothing to do with your original post or my response.

That is not the inconsistency....

Feb 6, 2013, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Look at the class most of the studs are from Mississippi ]

the big studs, the 5 stars are the OL from Florida, the WR from Illinois, and of course RN from Georgia (whom I'll dismiss slightly because his brother is there).

This is unprecedented for Ole Miss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 player from outside the SEC

Feb 6, 2013, 3:49 PM

Like I said above, there is a stronger number of top level recruits in Mississippi this year and they have had solid classes in the past.

okey dokey***

Feb 6, 2013, 3:56 PM

Maybe YOU need to look at where the studs are from

Feb 6, 2013, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Look at the class most of the studs are from Mississippi ]

before giving advice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't recall giving any advice. Schools can get an amazing

Feb 6, 2013, 3:56 PM

class. Clemson had the top ranked class by ESPN in 2009. We outkicked the coverage that year. We landed CJ Spiller when Florida was strong. Sometimes landing a few recruits helps build momentum, esp as stud recruits meet each in camps, competitions and social media.

So can YOU please tell me what advice I have given?

how about the #1 WR, #1 OL and #1 DE all in the same year...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:59 PM

out of Ole Miss? Ole Miss hasn't sniffed the crotch of a single #1 at their position recruit in years.

This is a little more than outkicking your coverage.

And now your're talking about how all of the recruits are within the SEC realm of influence. What if Vandy or Kentucky pulled this off?

Hugh Freeze coached the most well-known O-lineman

Feb 6, 2013, 4:07 PM

in the country in high school and college in Michael Oher. That would help. Instant playing time would help. RN's brother being there gave them the edge in recruiting. So should people of hated on Watkins and thought something was up when he signed with Clemson after seeing the anemic offense the previous season? Watkins liked the staff and atmosphere much like Treadwell liked Ole Miss's staff.

#1 recruit in 3 positions... Are you following this at all?

Feb 6, 2013, 4:11 PM

Was Watkins the #1 WR in the country?

The last #1 rated player at a position that we have recruited is Daquan Bowers to the best of my memory.

So was Bowers shady then?

Feb 6, 2013, 4:18 PM

Maybe Ole Miss will be caught by the NCAA down the road, but right now there is no evidence. What bugs me about some posts on this site is that they put Clemson in this noble, higher than thou light, while all the other schools are cheating and must be doing something shady. But when Clemson lands a Watkins, Spiller, or Bowers, its great job by the coaches in building a foundation, family atmosphere, and great facilities. Like no other school could build a great culture and environment or be the upstart, hip place to that draws in recruits.

again and my final statement....

Feb 6, 2013, 4:51 PM

were all those guys in the same recruiting class?

I am not saying Ole Miss has done something wrong. I am saying it is awfully suspicious how well they have done. They haven't had another class like this - ever. And there seems to be no reason for them to have set that precedent.

Recap: They have signed the #1 OL, the #1 DE, the #1 WR and I forgot to mention the #2 S in the country. If Alabama had done this, it wouldn't be a big deal.

The Clemson recruits you are mentioning were not in the same recruiting class, however, even if we had pulled off a class like Ole Miss this year, it would be a lot more reasonable than Ole Miss doing it.

You spend an awful lot of time defending ESPN and the SEC and you still haven't answered my question. Would you be suspicious if Vandy or Kentucky had pulled off this class?

Re: I understand the brother connection...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I understand the brother connection... ]

The rest of the class is a head shaker BUT...

Make no mistake, Ole Miss has a lot to sell. Their campus is probably one of the more beautiful you've ever seen. As far as tradition, they have won three national championships. Granted, they are from the 60's so maybe not so much relevance to a recruit today.

As a USC fan I can attest, however, it takes one RN to domino others. For USC, it was Gilmore and Lattimore. Without Latt...there was no Clowney in Cola.

Be interesting to see how this class shakes out.

don't think those connections mean anything...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:38 PM

at SCar.

"For USC, it was Gilmore and Lattimore. Without Latt...there was no Clowney in Cola."

Re: With all due respect...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

UMMMMMMMMMMM Tajh was on the team during that 6-7 season!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You can't spell PENIS without ESPN!!!"

Boyd landed at Clemson after falling out with Tennessee

Feb 6, 2013, 3:33 PM

If Lane Kiffin knew what he had, then Boyd would have been a Vol.

Strom Thurmond sez HI from the grave***

Feb 6, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

Ask him how the weather is in he!!***

Feb 6, 2013, 4:07 PM

Clemson was first to integrate.

Feb 6, 2013, 3:31 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

And South Carolina formally abolished slavery before the 1990's. I'd say we have a slight leg up.

Re: Clemson was first to integrate.

Feb 6, 2013, 3:33 PM

Pretty sure they integrated before 1990 too. ;)

Feb 6, 2013, 3:40 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Mississippi-Finally-Ratifies-End-to-Slavery-3040829.php

In addition Mississippi did not remove Jim Crow laws from their books until 2009.

Feb 6, 2013, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson was first to integrate. ]

I happened to be that CU when the school was integrated with Harvey Gant and Marion Reeves was 1st black FB player in 70 I believe.

Re: With all due respect...

Feb 6, 2013, 3:33 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

I know you are not old enough to remember, but Clemson was one of the first southern schools to accept black students and did it non-violently. Much credit should be given to Dr. Edwards for his leadership in this area.

My dad was there during the integration

Feb 6, 2013, 3:35 PM

He said although non-violent, Harvey Gantt was exactly embraced with a ticker tape parade. Remember his saying he felt bad for him and he looked alone at times.

Look at the class signed after the losing season in 2010***

Feb 6, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

you the one who brought up cash loser***

Feb 6, 2013, 4:32 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

Can we leave recruit's families out of this?

Feb 6, 2013, 4:39 PM [ in reply to With all due respect... ]

Show some class. RN is gone. Wish him well. Leave him be and his family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Mississippi is the closest thing we have to a 3rd world

Feb 6, 2013, 3:24 PM

country in the US.

Correction....

Feb 6, 2013, 4:01 PM

RN's mom really likes all the money Ole Miss boosters from Memphis are funneling into her Nigeria political endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Well of course she does! Mississippi is the closest you

Feb 6, 2013, 4:22 PM

can get to Nigeria in the Western Hemisphere!

Mississippi's best Marketing line: Mississippi....America's only third world country!

I can hear her now "I ain't travelin' no cross country to see you two play....you goin to da same scoo and dat's dat!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic