Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Tajh Boyd

Aug 24, 2016, 2:14 AM

I love Tajh Boyd. He was one of our greatest QBs ever with wins over UGa, OSU and LSU. Can someone help me understand why he wasn't successful in the NFL?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh Boyd

Aug 24, 2016, 2:25 AM

Bc Heather Dinich said he wasn't Tall enough!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 3:07 AM

Want the quick truthful answer?

He couldn't read defenses....Tahj knew where the ball was going when the play came in. Well what separates him from DW4? Simple. Watson can read defenses and understand its tendencies.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I'll add one to that.......

Aug 24, 2016, 5:14 AM

Remember way back to all the games Tajh would take a quarter or even a half before settling down to run the offense? We would be holding on by one score or even tied with mediocre teams at half because we couldn't move the dang chains. Suddenly, it would be like a switch was flipped, he would complete 3 or 4 spectacular passes and be up by 3 or 4 TD so qwik it was dizzying.

Well, the NFL doesn't have the luxury of throwing away a quarter or even a series waiting for the QB to find his rhythm. He has to be on game from first snap. DW4 is on his game from the first snap to the last.........

Disclaimer: I love Tajh Boyd as much as anybody. He was great for the football program, is a wonderful ambassador for the university and as good a guy as ever graduated from Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh Boyd ]

And he panicked when under pressure and wasn't a good decision maker

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh Boyd ]

He is a good qb yes. But he cannot handle the pressure.

Aug 24, 2016, 4:47 AM

It's like the matrix. DW4 can decipher the opposition and react before it happens. That's the difference between him and everyone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing..

Aug 24, 2016, 5:12 AM

Just because he was one of our best doesn't mean he would make it in the NFL. It's not like we were known for QB's before him. Moreover, tons of good to great college QB's haven't made it in the NFL. He just wasn't good enough for the NFL.

His mental toughness under pressure was evident at times.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:22 AM

He was and is an outstanding person and a great ambassador for Clemson. He will no doubt be successful in life !

On top of why ppl said he didn't make it...

Aug 24, 2016, 8:16 AM

He didn't have the prototypical size and measurables for a franchise to even invest the time in to develop. If he was a few inches taller and leaner, a franchise might have held onto him for longer to develop him.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: On top of why ppl said he didn't make it...

Aug 24, 2016, 8:39 AM

I agree totally. Tajh is very much at the same level of EJ Manuel. To me, the only reason Bills is still keeping EJ is EJ's desirable size.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:29 AM

I'm thinking Tajh and Tebow talk about this very thing over the phone often. Both were amazing at the collegiate level, both have still not been able to find a home at the next. He says in interviews as recent as 6 months that he is still planning to pursue a career in professional football but after being let go by a CFL team, I just don't see that becoming a reality, sadly enough. Love my boy Tajh and wish someone would give him another chance but how many of those do you get before you move on?

TDs

Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 AM

he spent too much time there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally I think the Bowl Game against LSU ruined him

Aug 24, 2016, 10:20 AM

He made so many spectacular plays at the end of that game that he began to try it in every game. He passed up good gains to try and do the incredible. He threw a stupid lob for an interception in the end zone when he probably could have run it in. He threw the crazy pass into triple coverage against OSU instead of running more clock. The last game against the Coots he seemed to forget there were ten other players on the field and tried to do it all himself. I love Tajh but he became too much of a gunslinger and not enough of a soldier.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic