Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So with Brice Transfer DJ U. Is the new backup QB.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So with Brice Transfer DJ U. Is the new backup QB.

Jan 16, 2020, 5:26 PM

He will play a lot next season and learn from Trevor Lawrence. DJ is gonna be awesome in 2022-2023 season. He will likely play at least a Qtr of most games this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taisun Phommachanh***

Jan 16, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taisun Phommachanh***

Jan 16, 2020, 5:40 PM

This. D.J. most likely redshirts in 2020.

Lol, not a chance...

Jan 16, 2020, 5:42 PM

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?? DJ won't be redshirting, unless he gets an injury. You can go ahead and forget that.

DJ redshirtting would be a waste of a year

Jan 17, 2020, 3:14 AM

he is ready to play and will be leaving after 3 years most likely

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taisun Phommachanh***

Jan 17, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Taisun Phommachanh*** ]

I doubt he redshirts. He's too good and will be gone in 3 years regardless. Probably 3rd string to start spring and backup by the beginning of season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever is more likely to take the reins in 2021 should

Jan 17, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Taisun Phommachanh*** ]

be getting the most backup reps. Taisun will probably be 2nd string early on, but hopefully DJU will pass him at some point and start getting most of the mop up reps so he's ready to start in 2021.

Re: So with Brice Transfer DJ U. Is the new backup QB.

Jan 16, 2020, 5:44 PM

Spring should be interesting.

TP and DJ are both big guys with big arms (DJ bigger on both) but neither has a classic throwing motion- which doesn't necessarily matter (see Philip Rivers).

TP has the advantage of a year in the system. DJ is supposedly another "generational talent." But only one of them can be QB2.

Jan 17, 2020, 6:41 AM

DJU’s throwing motion is fine. Haven’t seen enough of TP’s to tell, but I’ve watched DJU’s on TV in 4 different games, and I would not call his throwing motion atypical.

Kid looks like Rothlisberger, with more mobility. Cannon for an arm, and you will not arm tackle this kid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 12:14 PM

Nope, DJ's got a little too much wind up, drops the ball too far, turning the nose of the ball away, before he brings it forward. Slows the release.

Streeter has said they are going to try to clean it up, without messing up his effectiveness.

TP is the opposite. He throws the ball like a dart, not enough motion.

Both are so strong-armed and talented that, like Philip Rivers, or say an accurate 3 pt shooter in Bball, you don't want to "fix" the motion if it renders the player less effective.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: So with Brice Transfer DJ U. Is the new backup QB. ]

Don't worry, Ross Dellenger seems to agree:
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1124317026657415172?s=20

Jan 16, 2020, 5:47 PM

We better hope Taisun gets the spot. If he gets beat out clearly by DJ and transfers we suddenly have an emergency depth issue. I think we sign a 3 star qb to give us 4 on scholarship. Batson will go back to safety at that point. We can still grab a guy this cycle.

#2 is Phommachanh

Jan 16, 2020, 5:48 PM

At least for the start of the year Phommachanh is the backup. DJ “probably” doesn’t redshirt but stranger things have happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 12:11 AM

TP will be great. He is getting better each week. Great with legs and very adequate with the arm. DJ will have time to sit behind TL for a year and then behind TP. I don't see DJ beating TP out.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:51 AM

If DJ is as good as advertised, TP will play four max and hop into the portal too. 2022 will be the year to go hard after the next 5 star.

Jan 17, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So with Brice Transfer DJ U. Is the new backup QB. ]

TP will be great. He is getting better each week. Great with legs and very adequate with the arm. DJ will have time to sit behind TL for a year and then behind TP. I don't see DJ beating TP out.

Wut? DJ will be the next QB as soon as Trevor becomes a millionaire!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 2:10 AM

If DJ is who we think, he'll become the backup before the season ends.

My wild guess is TP starts the season as #2, but maybe not if DJ is just too good.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:06 PM

Did anyone watch the spring game last year? Did you watch what TP did with his feet? Dude has WHEELS! He definitely starts as #2 behind TL.

Jan 17, 2020, 1:18 PM

This sounds awfully familiar...

Not remembering the last guy that "had wheels", and how that ended last year??

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic