Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tailgating at NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 51

Tailgating at NC State

Oct 14, 2015, 12:58 PM

Some buddies and I are going to be making our annual away game trip to Raleigh for the Halloween night contest against the Wolfpack in a couple weeks. Never been to a game at Carter Finley. Any thoughts on the tailgating scene around the stadium? Would we be better of bringing the usual spread or just checking out the bars around campus and downtown before the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rolling I-40 tailgate is frowned upon......

Oct 14, 2015, 1:04 PM

loljk.....from bitter experienceS at Carter-Finlay, this word of advice: lockup ALL your tailgating stuff before you leave for the game including any flags, magnetic stickers, etc

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They only caught us because the traffic stopped...

Oct 14, 2015, 6:24 PM

....I think it was when we offered the cop on a bike a beer that things got ugly...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tailgating at NC State

Oct 14, 2015, 1:07 PM

The stadium isn't on campus or really close to downtown. I'd tailgate.

Oct 14, 2015, 1:25 PM

Since someone was shot about 10 years ago, it's hard to park around Carter Finley without a pass. You can come in on I-40 and take the Wade Avenue Exit, then take the Blue Ridge Rd. exit.(May be missing one road here, but you can look on a map or google it) There are a few parking lots up there that are across from the vet school that are buildings where people charge you $10 or so to park. There is also a parking garage across from this. This is where we always park. But they have no alcohol so if you want to drink, keep it cool and in a cup. I don't think there are port-o-johns so you have to go find one...There may be other options, but this is where we park.

The Triangle Clemson club is hosting a party at Rally Point in Cary and having buses go to the game from there. It's $25 up until 10/30, and $30 at the door. They have bbq, beer, a band, and a big tent party. You can probably google that and see where it is. That's what I'm doing this year.

Oct 14, 2015, 1:34 PM

I went to the eastern Kentucky vs nest game earlier this year and the parking garage near the vet school is a great spot. Big field there and a Porta John within walking distance. The walk to the stadium was a long one. I went with state fans and had a wonderful experience(they enjoyed my tiger attire).

If you can even sniff a parking pass, snatched it up! You must tailgate if your going to a state game, nothing really close enough to visit a bar. Hope to see you all there on hallows eve

Oct 14, 2015, 1:39 PM

Granted im a rather large fella I know the ncst fan base is a bunch of rednecks for the most part, I've never had any hardships with anyone there. It's a rowdy bunch but that makes up their atmosphere. If you all do come be sure to get there earlier so you can see their new indoor practice facility, it is superb!

Oct 14, 2015, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating at NC State ]

This is exactly where I was talking about. This is the best place to park if you don't have a parking pass. I'm not sure where else you would go. It used to be you could park in the fair parking, but I think that is a pass lot also.

Oct 14, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating at NC State ]

Same here. Rally Point Grill, looks like a pretty good deal. Staying at the Embassy Suites across the street.

Oct 14, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating at NC State ]

Thanks for the information! I'm going up for the first time and this sounds awesome. However, I went to their website and it says the event will be at Sardi's Den in Raleigh. Which is it? http://alumni.clemson.edu/event/triangle-clemson-club-tailgate/

Oct 14, 2015, 2:18 PM

It's at Rally Point. They had to change it, and I asked the head honcho and he said they were moving it to Rally Point. This is very easy to find right off of I-40. It's the Harrison Ave. exit right across from SAS. The Embassy Suites Hotel is behind it.

Oct 14, 2015, 2:31 PM

Thanks!

Sardi's in Raleigh is having a tailgating party as well.

Oct 14, 2015, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating at NC State ]

$25 in advance gets you beer, BBQ, ribs, and a band, and there's a shuttle to the game. I'm thinking about going even though I don't have tix to the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 14, 2015, 1:31 PM

I would try and tailgate as there are not really any bars around that area. Another piece of advice would be to stay as low key as possible at the game. I have been there twice, once as a kid and once as a college student.

As a kid, I went with my mom and dad. The two fans in front of us had on shirts that said FU** Clemson and they were talking crap to me (as an 11 year old) the whole game. I thought my dad was going to kick their ###.

As a college student, i sat in their student section. I had on a plain white t-shirt and a navy blue Clemson hat. I got trash, ice, and unfinished food thrown at me the whole game. We had to leave at half time.

Needless to say, their fan base is trash

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2015, 1:47 PM

The NC State Students are also known to pee in their own student section.

http://www.technicianonline.com/article_2b277bee-20ff-5afc-af28-ae93cecd8c32.html

I think it's been awhile since this happened, but this and the shooting sometimes keep people away.

Oct 14, 2015, 1:40 PM

Here is a link to the Triangle Clemson Club pre-game event. There is a good chance the game will be at noon, 12:30, or 3:30 (not sure if you meant "halloween night" literally in your post).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpks5jkdn6k177z/NC%20State.pdf

Yes...don't do it !!!!

Oct 14, 2015, 1:55 PM

NC State fans are among the worst if not the worst in the league and tailgating around them generally proves to be an unpleasant experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 14, 2015, 2:31 PM

Worst fans I've ever encountered. Will never return to raleigh

Game time not determined at this time.........Right?***

Oct 14, 2015, 2:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, all, for the replies

Oct 14, 2015, 3:09 PM

I did manage to score a parking pass for the Faculty/Varsity Club lot, which looks to be a slight hike from the stadium. We might forego the tailgate, do some pre-gaming in and around downtown Raleigh, and just drive in a couple hours before kickoff.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

If the game is the same weekend as the State Fair....

Oct 14, 2015, 4:04 PM

and I don't think it is this year, you will need to account for the additional traffic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 14, 2015, 4:17 PM

I have been to a few hurricane games and they tailgate in the parking lot of the RCB. It's right beside the football stadium.

The parking lot near the veterinarian building ...

Oct 14, 2015, 6:30 PM

...is likely the best free parking you'll find. Clemson folks tend to gather there. If you prefer convenience, the Raleigh Clemson Club's gathering and bus ride is tough to beat.

I'm waiting to see when the game is. Noon will see me at the vet lot (the worst of the wuffies will still either be hung over or in jail to be a problem). If a night game, I'd got with the Raleigh club, just to make sure no one pees in your gas tank (and yes, it has happened there).

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have rules. Be forewarned.***

Oct 14, 2015, 7:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 23
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic