Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group

Oct 3, 2014, 3:05 PM

We have been looking forward to this game for 6 months and thrilled to be in the ACC. A group of 8 of us are heading down next week and will have all day Friday and Saturday to take in the sites and enjoy some College Football.

So far I have been told that we should head to the ESSO club on Friday but beyond that we have no idea what to do on Game day. We will be staying on Lake Keowee near Walhalla so I assume we are taking Pendleton Rd(93) into town on game day.

Any suggestions on good parking spots for tailgating? On Clemsons website there is mention of the YMCA Beach and shuttle service from there to the stadium. Is that a reasonable option with enough shuttles to get us back and forth or should just plan to come on into town and find a spot there.

Last question, now that game time has been set to 3:30 what time do you think is reasonable to get a good spot. We would typically arrive around 10AM for a 3:30 kickoff. Is that to late?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide and we look forward to meeting some of you next weekend.

GO CARDS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be like nothing you've ever seen

Oct 3, 2014, 3:13 PM

enjoy and have fun

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group

Oct 3, 2014, 3:16 PM

I would recommend parking at Y Beach. It's only about a mile to the stadium from there. Many walk it but shuttles are also available. Esso is a must unless you will have very old or very young with you.

Give yourself enough time to walk around campus and enjoy

Oct 3, 2014, 3:20 PM

some tailgating. If y'all are polite and respectful you'll be invited to join as many tailgates as you want to

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Welcome to the ACC, and welcome to

Oct 3, 2014, 3:23 PM

Clemson! Happy to have you guys. Yes, definitely check out the Esso for a sense of what Clemson is about. Yes, you will take 93 into Clemson. Where to park without a parking pass, I've lost touch on. However, I'm positive that once you find a place to park, you'll have no trouble finding a place to tailgate. For the vast majority of CU fans, you'll be invited to join their tailgate if you want to. I'm not sure about a shuttle to the stadium, but I would imagine there is one. I'd try to get there no later than 9 am so you can walk around and check out the campus. Obviously, I'm more than a little biased, but the entire campus is beautiful. 90+% of us are great fans, so please don't let any drunk frat boy tarnish your image of Clemson hospitality as a whole. Again, welcome and hope you have a fun and safe day. Obviously you're a Louisville fan, but get in your seats in time to see us run down the hill. Regardless of who your team is, it truly is an experience unto itself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill"

Oct 3, 2014, 3:23 PM

get there early and just pull in one... they're first come first serve

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

??????? Do you own a towing service?***

Oct 3, 2014, 3:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill"

Oct 3, 2014, 3:31 PM [ in reply to there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill" ]

if you get there early enough the gates into the stadium may be open. Why not just pull on in?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### right... if you're gonna go, go all out***

Oct 3, 2014, 3:34 PM

You'd better be giving 110% if you're entering that gate.***

Oct 3, 2014, 3:36 PM

Oct 3, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill" ]
tailgatehere.jpg(176.7 K)

You mean right here?

Oct 3, 2014, 4:07 PM

No, that is the hill. It's across the street.

Oct 3, 2014, 4:10 PM

Haha, I was just having a bit of fun.

Oct 3, 2014, 4:11 PM

You got me! Good for you! LOL!

I like this juan... fast learner***

Oct 3, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill" ]

I just spit my 5:50 am coffee out!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 4, 2014, 5:53 AM [ in reply to there are a few parking spaces right behind "the hill" ]

Welcome! A few recs:

Oct 3, 2014, 3:26 PM

1. Friday Night - head to the ESSO, as someone suggested. Also, on Fridays before Home Games, Clemson's downtown area is full of College Kids and Alumni who are in town for the next day's game. Get there early on Friday and walk around campus before everything gets crazy. Enjoy the lake - Keowee is beautiful.

2. Gameday: COME EARLY. Parking on Y Beach is right off of Highway 93 coming from Seneca. Get there early, Clemson is a tough place to route traffic so you will need to allow yourself plenty of time. Plus you will want to enjoy the tailgating festivities.

3. As with any place, there will be a few bad apples in the bunch, but 99% of Clemson fans pride ourselves on being courteous hosts. If and when you are invited, take the opportunity to meet some nice folks who will be more than willing to share their TVs and talk trash about the rest of our sorry conference.

4. Get in to the stadium early enough to watch us run down The Hill. Even to a visiting fan, its a sight.

5. Go Tigers :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Welcome! A few recs:

Oct 3, 2014, 3:33 PM

I truly hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Of corse I am proud of our campus and I hope you guys get a chance to see it. Again, welcome to Clemson, enjoy yourself!

Oct 3, 2014, 3:29 PM

If you're going to be there all day Friday, it would be worth it to go to Smoking Pig in Pendleton, walk the campus and get some ice cream from the 55 exchange in the Hendrix Center.

The Y Beach is an excellent idea for a first time drive into campus on a game day. It'll cut down on the lot confusion and the shuttle will drop you off right across the street from ESSO. If you're coming from Walhalla, leaving around 9AM should be relatively painless. On game days, local LEOs do a good job at redirecting everything into campus before the game and away from campus after.

Enjoy your trip.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 3:31 PM

I'd get over around 9:30 or so and park at one of the churches in town. ($25 max) There you will be able to walk anywhere you'd like and return to tailgate between excursions. if you are lucky, could even score one of the public spots on Main Street. You may not like being sequestered across the lake at Y beach. Those church lots do nothing to inhibit full spirited tailgating...also hit Tiger Town Tavern and TDs which are sports bars in the middle of the downtown action.

Folks seem to have it covered. One more thing...

Oct 3, 2014, 3:41 PM

Don't be uneasy about wearing your school colors. I know from personal experience that at some places this is just begging for trouble. That isn't the case at Clemson, unless you meet up with someone who had a Louisville fan run over his dog or something.

95 percent of the folks tailgating would invite you in, just to hear about your school and where to tailgate there next year. After all, we've never been up your way, either.

Hope you have a great day and a miserable game!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 3:46 PM

Thanks for the quick and gracious responses. I like the idea of being in town at and just unloading the wheeled cooler and walking around taking in the sites. Sound like the Church lots are a good option. Looking at Google Maps it appears there are a few right in town. Being that there it is mostly residential near downtown, I am assuming there is some parking in yards as an option.

Any areas we should avoid, I know that we made a mistake at WVU one year walking through what turned out to be the Pit. Drunkin' hillbilly's run amuck is an understatement.

We are not a rowdy group but do like to drink a beer or two. Having said that, my Son is a college student and traveling down with 3 of his friends. We have already talked to him and will also discuss with his friends on arrival that we are guest and we should act appropriately.

Oct 3, 2014, 3:52 PM

The only fear you should have about you son and his 3 friends is we have some beautiful co-eds at Clemson and once they see the campus, meet a few co-eds and experience Death Valley they might want to transfer...LOL! Just Kidding, enjoy yourself and I hope to visit your place next year!

Oct 3, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group ]

99.99% of the time you will never have a problem from Clemson fans while you're there on campus. Now if any of your group was to be overly rude or disrespectful to the Clemson family. When you look around, you will feel that you were just thrown into a solid orange pool. Other than that, we are very respectful to all who come. You will leave feeling great about your trip, win or lose....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group ]

Just a note when I read that comment about the wheeled cooler...just keep in mind, Clemson is full of hills, and I'm not meaning small ones...hope you have some strong arms/legs if you plan to walk all over with that thing behind you. Welcome and enjoy though...you'll like it and should have a great time.

Oct 3, 2014, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group ]

Definitely go check out the bar scene downtown on Friday night. The tailgating is one of a kind, and I've been to a ton of schools. Nowhere compares with Clemson.

A word of caution

Oct 4, 2014, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating Suggestions for Incoming Louisville Group ]

It's ok to have open containers of beer in the parking lots, but not walking around town and campus. Be discrete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Swing by Lot 8 and see Tigertoo92. Though she will likely

Oct 3, 2014, 4:15 PM

make you eat a beagle dik!! :o

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Here are my recommendations:

Oct 3, 2014, 4:20 PM

1: Forget the Y Beach. If you can all chip in, buy a reserved parking pass or stay behind the ESSO for $50. The Y Beach is annoying and more trouble than it's worth. Don't do it. Throw in some extra cash and get a prime spot to park.

2: If you come real early, hit up the ESSO for a bloody and College Gameday. It's a great place to be on Saturday morning, too.

3: Tailgate. It's what Clemson does best. Maybe buy yourselves a roller cooler and just walk around from lot to lot and field to field.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Lot 5, you Moran

Oct 4, 2014, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Swing by Lot 8 and see Tigertoo92. Though she will likely ]

No wonder we never see you...

Be sweet

Oct 3, 2014, 4:59 PM

Are you or anyone with you Handicapped. Now that would be your very best bet if your vehicle has a handicapped license tag/plate, or if you have a handicap placard registered to your vehicle . That will get you on campus to tailgate with a shuttle to take you back and forth to the stadium for free. And I've never seen that parking lot near even half full on game day. And I've parked there on some mighty big games.

Message removed by Author

Oct 3, 2014, 5:09 PM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 5:41 PM

Tigerbalm1, you forgot to give your address. This old fan is still laughing.

He also forgot the pic of his sister.***

Oct 3, 2014, 7:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: He also forgot the pic of his sister.***

Oct 3, 2014, 7:43 PM

I don't live near my sister either, but you can still park in my lawn.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Is that deal only good on gamedays? ;)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

check your t-mail. just sent you a message.***

Oct 3, 2014, 9:45 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I would park downtown. Gives you a chance to see it all.

Oct 3, 2014, 10:10 PM

If you park at the YMCA you'll be waiting in line and on buses for a majority of time.

Oct 4, 2014, 2:17 AM

The 55 Exchange is an ice cream shop on campus! Ice cream made fresh at CLEMSON! Very good! Try it out

I you are going to park at Y beach, you will have to walk

Oct 4, 2014, 5:55 AM

all the way past the stadium to get downtown to buy your Clemson gear for the game.

LOL.....Our man, Spud....never at a loss for leading

Oct 4, 2014, 6:13 AM

others on the straight and narrow Clemson path.

+1....Good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want him to feel out of place....***

Oct 4, 2014, 7:07 AM

It is knid of like last spring my My Brother The Coot, or

Oct 4, 2014, 7:14 AM [ in reply to LOL.....Our man, Spud....never at a loss for leading ]

MBTC as I like to call him, fell out of my boat into the 55 degree Wando River while we were fishing for Spottails. Well, in all sincerity, I helped him out of his 55 degree soaking wet clothes, and offered him one of my DRY, warm, soft sweatshirts to put on. You know that ungrateful ornithologist would not wear it!!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic