Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TO MY TIGERNET FRIENDS...a few thoughts:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TO MY TIGERNET FRIENDS...a few thoughts:

Dec 12, 2012, 6:14 AM

If there's one thing I've noticed about TigerNet, it's the neverending drama about Clemson football that would make a great TV series! One controversy arises one day only to be preempted by another the next...and on and on it goes.

Now, it's a chapter, "The Chad Morris Saga," which is intriguing but only a rehash of older tales a lot of us older Tigers have experienced. When you've followed the program as long as some of us have, from the Frank Howard days forward, you learn that the series ebbs and flows like the tide...and you learn to roll with the punches, so to speak.

As of this post, Coach Morris remains at Clemson, and as I've previously posted, although I'd hate to see him go, I understand that that's how the coaching game is played from time to time. Thus, I'd simply thank him for his services and wish him well. Then, the true test of Coach Swinney's leadership capabilities will enter into play, for we all know the consequences of a Morris departure. Yet, I've learned over the years that sometimes one has to take a few steps back in order to reorganize in hopes of a better forward progress.

Perhaps, a wiser option for all Clemson fans may be to remember the old phrase, "Steady as you go (sic,)" and remain steadfast in your support. I can only speak for myself, as I won't condemn others, but I choose to refrain from flinching, standing steady with eyes cast toward the next goal:

THE DEFEAT OF LSU! GOOOOO TIGERRRRRRS! STOMP LSU!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TO MY TIGERNET FRIENDS...a few thoughts:

Dec 12, 2012, 7:38 AM

AMEN !!!!!!! Completely agree!!!! Now that is what I call the BIG PICTURE !!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 8:05 AM

FINALLY!! An intelligent post! My first game was in 1972 when I was 10 years old, and I have been a Tiger fan ever since, win or lose. I have seen great (and not-so-great) coaches come and go, and we have always somehow survived.

The world has changed so much - it is all about the mighty dollar. Money drives college football - from the pre-season BCS polls to the silly number of post-season bowls (Idaho Potato Bowl??). ESPN and the young writers love to create drama, increasing the number of viewers or "hits" that the advertisers all relish.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. It takes time to build a solid, nationally competitive program, and we have all of the right tools in place, starting with an excellent CEO (read Head Coach) in Dabo Swinney. He is an outstanding man, with great character; a real gentleman. And that is where it all starts - solid values, strong morals, and a great attitude. Dabo will lead this program to national prominence within the next few years.

I have eaten a cheeseburger at Mac's with Danny, been to dinner with Dabo, and I played the quads in Tiger Band when we won the National Championship in Miami. Greatness does not happen overnight and a lot of great players and coaches and assistants will come and go, but I will always be a Tiger Fan, win or lose.

• Be true to yourself and your Tigers. We will be fine...

•• GO TIGERS ••

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Dec 12, 2012, 8:10 AM

But Hartins, what would we do without all these "Monday morning quarterbacks!" :)

LOL...Perhaps, we can't! And they existed in my days at CU,

Dec 12, 2012, 8:15 AM

of course, without the benefit of a TigerNet, cellphones, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Then again, in those days the vocalizing against the coaches or team had to be guarded, for one was surely doomed to oblivion by fiercely loyal upperclassmen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...Perhaps, we can't! And they existed in my days at CU,

Dec 12, 2012, 8:19 AM

LOL yes the computer has given a voice to ALL and lowered Mano y Mano confrontations!

Morning, my Friend...Yes, and indeed there may be many

Dec 12, 2012, 8:40 AM

who are grateful for the computers...including small fry like myself who might be too "skeered" of the bigger guys! Amazing thing, this anonymity is! lol

Message was edited by: hartins®

Well then what do we do with the 10,000 "Chad Bad" T Shirts?

Dec 12, 2012, 8:13 AM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Send em to the State of Florida Elections Commission

Dec 12, 2012, 8:16 AM

for possible future use! LOL

Message was edited by: hartins®

This is good stuff going on around here. Heyull, even the

Dec 12, 2012, 8:25 AM

best Hollywood writers could have scripted this stuff. T-Net is Drama!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I hear the Kardashians stayed glued to this site!

Dec 12, 2012, 8:31 AM

:)

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

LOL...As does Ozzie...when he's in between

Dec 12, 2012, 8:37 AM

Netherland and Planet Earth!

Good morning, Zett...Best show for the money, I think!***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to This is good stuff going on around here. Heyull, even the ]

Brilliant post hartins!***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks, GWP, but I don't consider myself particularly

Dec 12, 2012, 8:46 AM

smart...especially after reading some of the hilariously witty repartee between you, DSP, Dave, LBU et al...always very entertaining reading!

you lost him at

Dec 12, 2012, 12:06 PM

"hilariously witty repartee"

;)

I agree with him though, great post hartins!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Hi, Dave...Been away all day...But I thought you said he

Dec 12, 2012, 6:31 PM

can read! lol

Hartins...perhaps you should open up...

Dec 12, 2012, 11:28 AM

counseling sessions on T-net...You are so calm, cool and collected and keep things in proper perspective...Thank you, Sir!!!

Thanks very much...however, you'd be amazed with what

Dec 12, 2012, 9:42 PM

two fingers of JD on the rocks can do to steady the old nerves! lol

College Football Calendar

Dec 12, 2012, 8:59 PM

August - Preseason Camp - Life Starts Anew
September - Warfare begins
October - Team Character builds
November - Life and Death Struggles
December (now) - TWILIGHT ZONE
January - Bowls/Recruiting Anticipation
February - Recruiting Analysis
March - Spring Practice - Everyone undefeated
April - July - Countdown to Kickoff!

Perfect! And the TWILIGHT ZONE December is, perhaps,

Dec 12, 2012, 9:45 PM

quite apt...at least on TigerNet....lol

My grandfather mentioned this Frank Howard guy once --- did

Dec 12, 2012, 11:13 PM

you know this person and did he have something to do with Clemson?

LOL...Yes, I knew him...For some reason he was allowed

Dec 13, 2012, 6:22 AM

to hang around on the sidelines during our games usually wearing short sleeve shirts, ties and a hat...kind of overdressed we thought. Spoke in a rather gravelly, rednecky manner and was always good for a joke or two. He was even allowed to lumber down The Hill rather than run, joke about other coaches while maintaining fairly good relationships with them and even had a special brand of play calling: run left, run right, run up the middle...and on rare occasions loved to stun the crowds with a pass or two. And, perhaps, the most unique fact about him was his longevity...which, of course, brought Clemson notoriety over a period of time, numerous ACC championships, prominent bowl games, a number of highly successful seasons and of course, one of the greatest landmarks on campus: THE Death Valley!

Point for enthusiasm.***

Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic