Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer

Sep 26, 2018, 7:32 PM

WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney spoke with the media Wednesday night and the major topic was the transfer news of senior quarterback Kelly Bryant. Check out the vide Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand why everyone was so critical of Dabo's

Sep 26, 2018, 8:07 PM

shirt from the other night's press conference. This by far is the ugliest one I've seen him wear.

Re: I don't understand why everyone was so critical of Dabo's

Sep 26, 2018, 8:47 PM

What is wrong with his shirt!? Im digging it

Re: I don't understand why everyone was so critical of Dabo's

Sep 26, 2018, 9:18 PM

Too much stuff going on there- and it's purple. You've got to be subtle with purple. It looked good on Daphne- not on Dabo.

I hate it for KB but

Sep 26, 2018, 8:36 PM

He got beat out by someone else that manages the team better. College football is a business and every player needs to realize that. I tell you though i would rather have Dabo demote me then another coach. Dabo genuinely cares about his players. KB couldve been playing for Muscrap and just got the heevho from a punk a$$ POS like him to do it. Just sayn

Re: I hate it for KB but

Sep 26, 2018, 8:47 PM

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that muscoot offers KB a spot on his team for next season. I would hope KB is smarter and classier than that, but he may just be that bitter after his feelings got hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it for KB but

Sep 26, 2018, 11:30 PM [ in reply to I hate it for KB but ]

It seems like it was OK as long as KB was beating out the other QB's last year and this year, but as soon as one passes him, he going to take his game some where else and play. I don't care how you slice it, that's a bad sport bc he was ok as long as he was the one winning the job over the other QB's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looks hurt by KB deciding to leave

Sep 26, 2018, 8:48 PM

He said he would make the same decision again.. Doesn't sound like he knows if the team is still tight. Sucks to be Trevor in that locker room...

What I really don't understand is -- and maybe someone can respond with a comment---

If the hardest game of the year thus far was Texas A&M and Dabo felt that the best player to help them win was Kelly and he benched TL and left KB in the game to finish it. Why would you bench him after 1 win and something loses GT?

Seems to me that you trust Kelly to get the job done in a pinch.. But you start TL at home is kinda a slap in the face.. regardless of how well TL did against GT.

I think the decision to bench him and KB's decision to leave really hurt the team.. All freshman QBs now.. Good Luck Tigers.. Schedule isn't that hard the rest of the way. so maybe they got what they needed out of Kelly..

Best Wishes KB... Really wish you would have stayed... But I know it hurt really bad to be benched.

Leadership isn't a number that can be measured.. But you need it to win..

That was a word salad.. I was thinking and typing..

It was pretty easy to see, Trevor was outplaying KB

Sep 26, 2018, 9:14 PM

I haven't heard any of the so-called experts say otherwise. That being the case, Trevor deserves to start. It may be best that KB has left the team, he could end up being a negative factor in the locker room, if he didn't keep the right attitude. He now has the opportunity of a fresh start somewhere else next year, and prove he is a good Power 5 quarterback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He looks hurt by KB deciding to leave

Sep 26, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to He looks hurt by KB deciding to leave ]

One full quarter with 13 yards of offense and no points. I feel that GT would stacked the box the entire game if TL hadn't made them play pass coverage, and it was TL that knocked the wind out of GT's sale before KB could move the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He looks hurt by KB deciding to leave

Sep 27, 2018, 9:24 AM [ in reply to He looks hurt by KB deciding to leave ]

Thinking and typing???...seemed more as if just typing

Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer

Sep 26, 2018, 9:10 PM

Riddle me this:

When we win the ACC championship and the Natty does KB receive the ACC championship ring or both, or none?

Don't be silly!!***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer ]

I think rings are for TEAM members. KB obviously doesn’t spell it this way. So no rings!

To those that are bitter, I ask...

Sep 26, 2018, 10:16 PM

What should have been done? Continue to reward the QB that is being outshined by the #2, with the start and more playing time? What kind of message does that send to the team? Hey you're an underclassman, you can outperform an upperclassman, give the team much more dynamic possibilities, but you won't be ppromoted, that guy has paid his dues. BS. The staff has an obligation to put the other 84 scholarship athletes and the rest of the team, above the individual. To do anything else is an injustice. I dont care what anyone says TL has far outperformed KB. Getting into the meat of the schedule, our offense being hand cuffed by a non existant vertical passing game would pout some L's in the column.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:31 PM

Who is the evil looking guy holding the blue phone in the background?

Mar 30, 2024, 9:50 PM

Lmao. I thought the same thing..

Sep 26, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer ]

Dude was creepy AF! It got worse when he started to talk. Dabo even looked uncomfortable around him.

Reminds me of the weird brother in Wedding Crashers

Sep 26, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on details of Bryant's transfer ]

This is the real news story.
Who is this kid?
What evil plan does he have for Dabo?

The kid behind Dabo...

Sep 26, 2018, 11:43 PM

Am I the only one who can’t hear the interview because of the creepy eyes of the kid hiding behind the Panthers phone?

heck no, i'm glad you said that, reminded me of the

Sep 27, 2018, 8:03 AM

weird guy from wedding crashers...

I support Clemson. CLEMSON - not ANY individual player....

Sep 27, 2018, 12:33 PM

Players come and go - some start and are benched - some leave for the NFL - some quit to go to other schools - etc.

That being said - if Kelly wanted to leave for whatever reason, I'm not going to be mad - likewise he shouldn't be either.

I do think he "might" be a weak individual - he tried to leave previously when QB contests got tight and stayed - now he gets second place for ONE game and decides to leave.

With that being said - **** him. Not out of anger - but out of the idea that players come and go and that I don't have time for sympathizing with someone's emotions. I don't owe him my thanks, I don't owe him my respect - but likewise, I will not disrespect him or forget what he did while at Clemson.

BUT - before I read anymore b*tching from certain factions of ppl that shall remain nameless, know this:

Cole Stout - senior QB from 4 years ago - "paid his dues" and sat the bench for 3 years - UNTIL a FRESHMAN QB named Deshaun Watson came along.......

....and nobody cared about Cole anymore.....

Funny how that worked out and how "certain factions of ppl" had NOTHING to say about that. Was the situation different? Sure - Cole Stout threw more INT's than he did TD's his senior season....but Cole also didn't have the #1 defense and a stable of high caliber RB's and WR's at his disposal.

Best of luck to Kelly - but in ALL honesty - I TRULY believe that Clemson is going to be better off without KB spiraling passes into the dirt or 10 yards past the receiver.

All the best and go Tigers!

Re: I support Clemson. CLEMSON - not ANY individual player....

Sep 27, 2018, 12:54 PM

I will swear on everything meaningful in my life that, I was OK with what ever Dabo wanted to do bc, he is the HC, and he has won more than any HC in the history of Clemson FB. Like I said everything was fine until KB said it was a slap in the face, and I know he is just a very young adult acting out in anger and that's OK also, but when you do it in a manner that will make your anger front page news in the sporting world across America, I am not OK with that, and as a Clemson graduate, I believe he done that intentionally to strike back at his HC for making a HC decision that he didn't agree with. I love Clemson and Dabo more than I could ever love someone that tries to hurt something or someone I love. KB2 has been completely remove from my Christmas card list for life. I have nothing harmful to say about the guy other than Bye and good riddance, I do wish you the best, but I don't know you anymore!!!

The kid with the Panthers phone screen

Sep 27, 2018, 1:00 PM

does his reporting with telepathy.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic