Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked"

Sep 23, 2018, 10:28 AM

WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked"

Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson talks to the media after Clemson's 49-21 win over the Yellow Jackets on Saturday. Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliffnotes.......

Sep 23, 2018, 10:33 AM

WAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA WAAAA!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cliffnotes.......

Sep 23, 2018, 10:34 AM

sniff sniff. ????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the most depressing video on the internet

Sep 23, 2018, 10:44 AM

I’m considering starting a GoFundMe for Paul. Raise funds for a nice fruit basket or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty solid presser - complimentary & realizes we totally

Sep 23, 2018, 10:46 AM

OPENED UP A CAN !!!!

Honest & blunt without being a total ##### to the guys being forced to ask the questions /do their job.

No problem with starters coming back in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: TNET: WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked"

Sep 23, 2018, 11:24 AM

In short, how amazing is the idea of handing the person asking questions a microphone!

Revolutionary.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:55 PM

Actually there are other teams that do that. It would help a lot as they give answers to questions that we never hear. USUC even does this in their interviews, and you don't hear incredible amounts of noise that makes it hard to decipher what they're talking about. I have a hard time making it thru our interviews. Plus I hate to hear some of the stupid questions that get asked of these young men.

No kidding - only took 50 years to come up with. BRILLIANT***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:59 AM

I thought that Paul Johnson handled it about as well as he could have considering that his team ran into the Clemson buzz saw. He was blunt and complementary of the Clemson players. He accepted the blame for preparation and recruiting. Perhaps other coaches could learn a thing or two from Paul Johnson (Dave Doeren comes to mind - blame a loss on everything else and then brag on giving an opposing player a head injury)

Sep 23, 2018, 1:28 PM

THANK YOU! You are 1000% correct

Sep 23, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Paul Johnson press conference - "We got our tails kicked" ]

God bless coaches like this! Unlike Urban Meyer!

Sep 23, 2018, 1:17 PM

This is the first time I've ever heard Johnson five Clemson it's due.

Players jump offsides when they know losing a split second cost them any hope of beating the guy across from them. That knowledge comes from knowing the guy across from you is more than you can handle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Part of me feels sorry for Paul Johnson.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

He has an administration who won't give him what he needs in terms of facilities. GT could be a legitimate contender in the ACC every year if they had better facilities. I know a lot of Clemson fans like to call him a whiner and complainer, but he's exactly right to say that they would be an attractive option for players, especially those from Georgia, if they didn't have outdated facilities. Their boring offense is Paul's fault, and I definitely think that is part of the problem, but Paul isn't a bad guy or a bad coach. He's fighting an uphill battle right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I really like him...***

Sep 23, 2018, 1:48 PM

Re: I do not really like PJ.....

Sep 23, 2018, 2:04 PM

......because he has often come across as arrogant and he's tended to thrown everyone and everything except his scheme under the bus. Because of his scheme, he has not been able to recruit a lot of great athletes even though he knows Georgia and has been living in and around a gold mine of talent for a long long time. PJ is responsible in large measure for failing to convince Georgia Tech it could be good and still be a great school. His lack of support is his own fault.

All that negative stuff staid, PJ has had a great career. He won a couple of nattys at Georgia Southern, resurrected football at the Naval Academy and beat Army and Air Force 11 times in 12 games. PJ won his division of the ACC several times. He even won the ACC outright once, though GT later had to vacate their win over us in the ACC Championship game. I think right now PJ has the 5th or 6th most wins of any Division 1 coach.

PJ should retire, mellow out a bit and enjoy life. His coaching and glory days are behind him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Part of me feels sorry for Paul Johnson.

Sep 24, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Part of me feels sorry for Paul Johnson. ]

It’s not just a lack of facilities limiting GT. They have not invested in support staff. Dabo has 50+ folks on his staff. Scouting, recruiting, game planning, social media, etc. GT has less than 10. GT could be top tier but they must invest in the program

Sep 23, 2018, 2:05 PM

Did you watch the Ga Tech player interviews? Asked the difference between Bryant and Lawrence at QB “we knew the plays they run with Bryant and could stop those so they put Lawrence in”. Biggest problem with a QB competition is they don’t run the full offense with KB in there. If that’s the case there is no reason to play KB because you give the advantage to the D before you snap the ball.

Their QB also said about the Clemson D “they aren’t as good as they were last year”.

The bottom line is that a KB led offense is predictable

Sep 23, 2018, 4:13 PM

and inconsistent. Other teams know exactly which plays we are going to run based on our formations. Overmatched teams know what's coming but can't stop it consistently. Equally talented teams know what's coming and can stop it consistently. That's how we end up winning the ACC but losing in the playoffs.

Not so with Trevor Lawrence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Funny...their QB takes a shot at our D....

Sep 23, 2018, 3:40 PM

even though our starter at LB is out and we played EVERY backup starting early in the game----yet CPJ repeatedly talks about how unpleased he was with their QB play. lmao

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT players- "Not going give Clemson any credit"***

Sep 23, 2018, 7:19 PM

GT Players don't have any credit....

Sep 23, 2018, 7:42 PM

Debits are maxxed out at The Varsity.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic