Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Full ESPN interview with Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Full ESPN interview with Kelly Bryant

Oct 26, 2018, 10:42 AM

WATCH: Full ESPN interview with Kelly Bryant

ESPN released its full SportsCenter interview on Thursday between College GameDay and sideline reporter Maria Taylor and former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Full ESPN interview with Kelly Bryant

Oct 26, 2018, 11:05 AM

We just couldn’t stand it. Found a way to keep this relevant all week long on what is our biggest game of the year. Sheesh people, give it a rest. And no, I haven’t watched or listened to any of them.

Full throttle and focus on FSU.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 6:00 PM

Wow. I would personally like to thank you for your full dedication and focus to this upcoming game! I'm not sure how the team would have been able to compensate had you paid attention to this video.

Oct 26, 2018, 7:53 PM

You bet, you are most welcome. Been at it 60 years, why stop now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish Tigernet only posted this version

Oct 26, 2018, 11:11 AM

The 2 minute version did it no justice. I know many of you say move on. Based on this interview, I can.

I hope he has all the success.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally some closure!

Oct 26, 2018, 11:17 AM

All our questions answered. Important ones anyway.
Best of luck... Time to move on!

Oct 26, 2018, 11:27 AM

WATCH: Full ESPN interview with Kelly Bryant

ESPN released its full SportsCenter interview on Thursday between College GameDay and sideline reporter Maria Taylor and former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant Read Update »

He is a good guy and I wish him luck.

What a Puff Piece!

Oct 26, 2018, 11:27 AM

A real sports reporter would have asked him some pressing questions. He's not a kid. He is a man with a college degree from a place he walked on. The long walks on the beach-type questions are ridiculous

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: What a Puff Piece!

Oct 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

What more do you want? “Trevor threw a better ball than me so I had to go?” The guy has one year to do what he wants. Life transcends football.

I wanted her to ask about the slap in the face comment.

Oct 26, 2018, 11:35 AM

But when she asked about Dabo he got obviously emotional and she did not press.

He said it took a week to pull himself back together. Made my heart go out to him.

Nm

Oct 26, 2018, 11:33 AM

Always a Tiger - best of luck to you KB***

Oct 26, 2018, 11:33 AM

Re: Always a Tiger - best of luck to you KB***

Oct 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

I still think he can make the NFL as a WR or possibly a tight end and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Oct 26, 2018, 11:54 AM

I really wish with everyone Dabo knows someone would try and talk to Kelly and let him know if his dream is really the NFL he needs to change positions. With everything he needs to work on I honestly don’t think it can be done. I think the best thing for him and his future is a position change.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 8:50 AM

He addressed this issue in the interview. He said he is working on mechanics and velocity, trying to become the best qb he can be. He said he’s not a finished product yet.

So from those comments, he actually believes he can play qb at the next level. Which is kinda delusional in my opinion.

Oct 26, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Always a Tiger - best of luck to you KB*** ]

I have always imagined what would have become of Kelly B if he would have switched to WR @ clemson. I watched a couple of his Bball games at wren and always thought he had mad hops. And we all know he could be very physical after the catch. After watching this video I sure do feel like an *** for my Carrie Bryant comment earlier though haha

Does anyone else wonder why we're getting a feature

Oct 26, 2018, 1:06 PM

interview on ESPN with a guy who decided to transfer out his SR year because he lost his starting job? This isn't the first time an upperclassman lost his position to a younger player. It also isn't the first time they got butthurt and quit.

So why this attempt by Maria Taylor and ESPN to do damage control for KB? Is there some underlying sociopolitical current here, or does this particular reporter have more than a passing interest in her subject? Or maybe coaches aren't beating the door down to take on a one and done QB who wants to come into a program and do the same thing to another QB that he feels was done to him. Overplayed hand, perhaps?

Things that make you go hmmm.

I just can't be upset with Kelly Bryant

Oct 26, 2018, 1:35 PM

At first, being angry about the situation, I felt it was selfish of him.

After watching this video, I realize that he is just a kid who is operating out of self interest, not selfishness. He seems to have no bitterness towards Clemson and appears to have really put a significant amount of thought and contemplation into his decision.

Honestly, the team is better off for this decision. If a clean break was made and after he is done with his next college destination, I think it would prudent of CU and CDS to welcome Kelly with open arms as a fine ambassador who made a tough choice for himself. It was tough timing, but I can't personally fault him for making use of the new redshirt rule.

Nobody can argue with his contributions to Clemson. Seeing this makes me even more proud of how Dabo handled this. He truly left the door open for a positive path forward. I don't think many college fb coaches would have handled it that way.

I truly wish him the best in the future.

As a fan, I hope that other fans will treat him with the respect he deserves. Don't give a good kid a hard time, even if you disagree with his methodology.

Good luck, Kelly.

Re: I just can't be upset with Kelly Bryant

Oct 26, 2018, 5:02 PM

Well said.. Nice post..

Oct 26, 2018, 2:04 PM

Um, did she use the word “emotionable” at 1:18? Thought so.

Sorry, but

Oct 27, 2018, 8:33 AM

I still can’t get over that KB thinks it’s all well and admirable that he did what was best for him and yet is obviously bitter at Dabo. Dabo could have done what was best for Dabo by keeping KB the starter for one more game and burned that reshirt. Would everyone be praising Dabo for his selfish decision? KB mentioned several times about having his boys' back, yet he walked out in them? I don’t know. Just call it what it is, a selfish decision. Do what you think you have to do, but own it. Ugh.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic