Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Clemson DB ejected for throwing a punch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Clemson DB ejected for throwing a punch

Oct 19, 2019, 2:22 PM

WATCH: Clemson DB ejected for throwing a punch

Clemson freshman Andrew Booth was ejected by officials for throwing a punch at the end of a special team's play in the third quarter. Head coach told him to go Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!***

Oct 19, 2019, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!***

Oct 19, 2019, 2:31 PM

The guy must have done something serious to Booth to have fired him up like that bc, he was dead serious about kicking that A S S!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmmm

Oct 19, 2019, 3:48 PM

I'm taking bets on whether Booth gets kicked off the team. I expect Dabo will basically suspend him for the rest of the season with the opportunity to rejoin next year. He has done this with several players in the past. That stupidity is unacceptable, but I hope he gets, and takes, the opportunity to come back.

Re: Hmmmmm

Oct 19, 2019, 3:51 PM

I would be surprised if it was a season ending suspension. Dabo has given 2 game suspensions for drugs. This seems a little less severe in comparison.

null

Deon Cain

Oct 19, 2019, 4:38 PM

Was kicked off the team, but was allowed to work his way back. No. It wasnt a suspension. He was kicked off with the understanding that he had to work his way back. Booth may get the chance to work his way back this season, but I doubt it. Dabo wont tolerate that behavior

that's a stretch***

Oct 19, 2019, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Hmmmmm ]

Oct 19, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Hmmmmm ]

I suspect a two game suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Hmmmmm ]

If he got suspended for the rest of the season for fighting in a very physical contact sport where more damage in done in actual play, as a 5 star player, he would be in the transfer portal before you could blink an eye, bet on it. I think that a one or two game suspension would be more than adequate for a temper tantrum in full FB gear!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is absolutely no excuse for it.***

Oct 19, 2019, 3:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

geez what the heck are you doing booth? very un-Clemson like.***

Oct 4, 2019, 8:27 AM

Is that supposed to be a frickin'

Oct 19, 2019, 3:58 PM

mug shot? Bad look by Booth but he just needs some coaching to put his emotions in the right place. Play fair on the field while being aggressive. Let's not cast the first stone as he may have. He's a Clemson man who didn't act like one but it should probably not be the end of the line for the youngster - right???

And yes, he should serve some penalty for his actions but kicking someone off the team for a first infraction seems dramatic. Let the punishment fit the "crime". There are a a$$ of stairs in the stadium that could use some pounding to encourage a different attitude.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that supposed to be a frickin'

Oct 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

AMEM!! I know he's young and gonna make mistakes. You don't ruin a kids future because of one mistake. Suspend him for a game or two and let him learn from it. GO TIGERS!!

Re: TNET: WATCH: Clemson DB ejected for throwing a punch

Oct 19, 2019, 4:04 PM

TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE ACTIONS BY BOOTH. See a ACC Suspension as well as Dabo Suspending him.

Oct 19, 2019, 4:20 PM

What happened before the film started. Did the offensive player do something to ignite Booth? That still doesn’t excuse the play at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 4:43 PM

It was punt coverage. Booth and the other guy were hand fighting down the field. Booth threw the guy to the ground and then went to pounding. If it were wrestling(or hockey), the louisville guy would have been toast

LOL Multi-game Suspension? Kicked off the team?

Oct 19, 2019, 6:03 PM

You guys are either trolling or out of your minds.

This dude is not getting kicked off the team. Suspended a game? Maybe that fits the crime. I'll trust Dabo to make the right call.

We've all probably had situations as a teenager where emotions boiled over. Heck, some of you posters get all crazy the moment we have a challenging game and we're not up 100-0 at halftime :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 6:05 PM

There is a lot going on during a game that we as fans cannot see or hear. Dabo will give this player a fair hearing and I have total faith in Dabo to dole out the appropriate punishment. It wasn’t a good look for Clemson but I will support Dabo however he decides is appropriate to handle this. It’s not up to any of us to decide the appropriate response. That’s Dabo’s job and I for one haven’t found any reason to second guess his judgment. By the way, anyone else notice how he handled BT Potter coming off the field after nailing the 52 yard field goal in the first quarter today? Just saying.....

Oct 19, 2019, 8:20 PM

Saw this in the FSU game.

Oct 19, 2019, 9:23 PM

By the way, if you're going to get yourself ejected for throwing a punch, at least get the KO...
https://youtu.be/UBHtqCBRQoM

Oct 20, 2019, 7:21 AM

Booth let his youth an inexperience get the best of him! The boy's actions are a complete embarrassment to our school! Classless an Dabo will inflict some type of punishment that will make Jr thing long an hard. Reminds me of a story of discipline Danny put on a player in the early 80s. Danny was asked on Tues. if the player would play on Sat, he he answered, play?!?! I'm not sure this boy will finish the stadium stairs an suicides just for today! Play Sat. he's got plenty to do before then!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic