Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit

Dec 8, 2017, 5:40 PM

Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit

Several Clemson football coaches are currently visiting recruits in Florida before the recruiting dead period from Dec. 18 through Jan. 12. Dabo Swinney and his Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit

Dec 8, 2017, 5:44 PM

Brent’s a grounded man. Knows the impact he makes on these kids lives and doesn’t take that for granted. Seems he enjoys the process, his family and his role more than just a pay check like some coaches. I know he makes a lot but he could easily find double as a head coach. Speaks volumes to the man he is. Glad he’s one of ours helping shape these young boys into men at CLEMSON!!!!

Dec 8, 2017, 5:46 PM

Add to it.. IF, big IF dabo ever leaves for Bama. BRENT is our next head coach. And I’d welcome the man through retirement

Dec 8, 2017, 5:53 PM

I'm not so sure. I honestly believe Venables when he says being a head coach is not all it's cracked up to be. I think he's lined himself perfectly with the position as DC. I think Tony is also the perfect OC.

To me, Jeff Scott could become the next Head Coach (CEO) and maintain & grow even, the vision and Plan that Dabo has us on.

I'd say, take 30% of the current head Coaches salary and give half of each 30% of that amount to Brent and Tony.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit ]

If if was a 5th. If you die tomorrow, it would suck. Likely to happen? No. #### with the pointless hypotheticals.

They are immature and at best, annoying

Dec 9, 2017, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit ]

Are you brain dead dabo ain’t going to bama period

Great news from a recruit...

Dec 8, 2017, 5:46 PM

and we all know some of those feelings..like being happy, secure, a home to go back to, etc.

Saying..BV is here 4 awhile!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 5:47 PM

Good, it's settled. Now people can start freaking out.

Dec 8, 2017, 5:48 PM

*stop freaking out

Whoot whoot***

Dec 8, 2017, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Venables...our 10* recruit. So thankful for him.***

Dec 8, 2017, 5:51 PM

Absolutely the most sexiest thing I've heard today***

Dec 8, 2017, 5:52 PM

Dec 8, 2017, 5:56 PM

The perfect job will come calling one of these days, and he will take it, and I won’t blame him. Arkansas was not that job.

I feel like Chad Morris jumped too soon just because an opportunity was there (at SMU). Had he waited another year or two he could have went anywhere he wanted. If being in the state of Texas was his goal he could have went to a bigger program like Texas last year or A&M this year. Opportunities will always be there, it’s just a matter of when THE opportunity is there.

I feel like Venables is playing his cards right. Eventually the right job will open up and he will take it

Dec 8, 2017, 8:30 PM

I heard that Bud Foster was interested in the Clemson HC job, but we picked Dabo.... at some point people stop asking if you are not interested. I am not sure that Bud Foster still enjoys being just a DC. I hope Venebles will know when the right HC job is available. But until that time comes he can stay at Clemson... Maybe Dabo will be our next AD!

Dec 8, 2017, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables' message about his future to 4-star commit ]

I disagree. I think Morris made the right move. Unfortunately with programs like Texas and Texas A&M, they've got real deep pockets and so they demand a "sexy" head coaching pick, someone with experience winning at a smaller program and Chad needed experience to get into one of those jobs. He did a good job righting the ship at SMU and I believe that Arkansas is a solid job. He could build that program into something special. Unfortunately the SEC West has a lot of really good coaches and who knows where Texas A&M, Auburn, Alabama, and LSU will be in a few years. He's got some tough sledding ahead, but Chad will do a good job with them.

Dec 8, 2017, 5:56 PM

Best news I've heard all week (other than Clemson at #1). Absolutely love our coaching staff & Coach V's passion and outlook on life!!

Perfect******

Dec 8, 2017, 5:59 PM

This is awesome***

Dec 8, 2017, 6:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is TOTALLY awesome******

Dec 9, 2017, 2:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 6:06 PM

It’s the most wonderful news of the year!!!! Thank you CBV. Love me some Defense and we all know you’re the best!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ ¡¡¡THIS!!! ^^^^^

Dec 8, 2017, 6:17 PM

Is good!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris - my take.

Dec 8, 2017, 6:26 PM

Chad made the absolutely best move going to SMU to get college head coach experience. If he had stayed at Clemson he would not have been in the same sphere with Herman for Texas or Jimbo for A&M. He aligned himself perfectly for the Arkansas job which btw is a great job for a guy on his arc.

Dec 8, 2017, 6:24 PM

With this said even if he had a great job opportunity and left next year who could hold it against him? He's been extremely loyal and an incredible coach for Clemson. Nothing but the best for Coach V! We wouldn't be in the position today without him that's for sure

Dec 8, 2017, 6:50 PM

Except he promised these young men and he just doesn’t seem like the guy that would break that promise one year in

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 8, 2017, 8:34 PM

His son is a Clemson commit as well, his other son has a Clemson offer. I think he will be here another 6 years then he might start think about being an HC.

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money***

Dec 8, 2017, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TOP***

Dec 8, 2017, 7:37 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 8, 2017, 8:32 PM

Never in doubt, imo. Now maybe many on TNET can relax.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder whose idea it was to have the visit on the beach

Dec 8, 2017, 8:46 PM

Because that’s freakin awesome!

Dec 8, 2017, 9:25 PM

Darn, and I'm only a few miles away! Should've headed over to Bradenton Beach today!

Dec 8, 2017, 10:21 PM

Gotta love the honesty and integrity within our coaching staff. That’s one thing I don’t think you will ever see at schools like Bama, SC, Ole Miss, and most other SEC schools. With most coaches it’s slways about the money aka Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer. By the way it is not about time for Urban to develop heath problems aka losing 3 games in year. Clemson 31-0 and his 2 losses during the season. This is one reason we recruit so well. Our coaches can be trusted. I am so grateful the BV , Tony and Jeff remained at Clemson. It’s not always about chasing the money. It’s family, it’s great fans and there is no other place like Clemson.

One of those money chasers muschump, when hired Kirk Roper for the OC job at cootsville university, did he not say if he had hired him earlier while at Florida he would still be the HC at there?? After 2 years with the coots he is kicked out on the curb like a dead chicken (“spurs up” ) because of his play calling. To call really aggressive plays you have to have really good athletes. I thought he did ok with the talent he had to work with at coot U! Muschump you better look over your shoulder you could be involved in the next
chicken kickin out on the curb!

Clemson is one of the most fortunate programs in college football. Despite what the coots say if we were cheating the NCAA would be on is like white on rice. IMO we have some of the best and smartest football coaches at Clemson who love their jobs. Sure some of them could make more money else. I believe that if any of our coaches were to leave it would because they want too or can really advance their career’s and they all have earned that right.

Dabo with support from his bosses has created a fun, exciting program where when players talk about love for one another it’s real. It’s not fake news like many other schools.

IMO Clemson is the best place to work for all of our coaches and support staff and the best place for our players to enjoy not only football but the entire Clemson experience, and we are a very fortunate family of Tiger fans

Thank you to all of our coaches for remaining at Clemson. What ever monies you are paid it’s money you have earned.

I know Jim Philips is looking down on Clemson with a huge smile. ( Best announcer ever )

Go Tigers! Slam Bama then win that 3rd NC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this man right back

Dec 8, 2017, 11:12 PM

Coach V is amazing.....he could have almost any job available.

Yep

Dec 9, 2017, 1:04 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22661268

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 9, 2017, 6:27 AM

Radley - Hiles in the gray Tiger hoodie .

Tis a favorable incline, to be sure .

DB23

Dec 9, 2017, 6:42 AM

Not sure how many times it has to be said. BV is NOT interested in running an entire program. Even as he gets older, ESPECIALLY as he gets older. Contentment is underrated. He is happy doing what he is doing and letting Dabo run the ship. Kevin Steele won the Best DC of the year, and we all know that's BS. BV is THE best, hands down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 2:28 PM

$1.7 mil isn't exactly chump change---and that's going to only one way----up.

Dec 9, 2017, 8:21 AM

People outside the Clemson family do not understand how special Clemson is. Brent Venables get’s it and he and his family are happy. What more do you need. Glad you are a Tiger Coach Brent.

Clemson fans are really blessed.

Dec 9, 2017, 9:24 AM

Dabo and Brent aren't going anywhere. At some point we'll lose coaches like last year, but unlike Bama and some other less successful places like TN we have a great staff that is among the most stable.

Love having BV as our DC!!

Dabo and Brent aren't going anywhere. At some point we'll lose coaches like last year, but unlike Bama and some other less successful places like TN we have a great staff that is among the most stable.

Dec 9, 2017, 9:25 AM

BV is teaching us all a lesson.

Dec 9, 2017, 9:36 AM

I think there is a difference between ambition and seeking to improve yourself. Ambition implies constantly being on the move looking for the next big thing and the next stop on the career track. Seeking to improve yourself implies contentment with where you are at but always looking for ways to improve yourself and patiently pursuing those opportunities and maintaining loyalty. I think Ambition characterizes guys like Chad Morris, Willie Taggart, Scott Frost and a lot of these guys who have success at small schools for two or three seasons and then move on to bigger schools because they think it offers them more opportunity and the grass is greener. But a guy like Brent Venables offers the kind of character that I want to define my life. Being content with where you are at and blossoming there. Making sure your family is provided for. Always open to new opportunities but not needing them to define you or someone’s definition of success for you. Being loyal to the people you work with and for and helping to make them successful. If I was a coach I would rather follow BV’s example than others. As a man I would rather follow BV’s example than others.

Re: BV is teaching us all a lesson.

Dec 10, 2017, 4:03 PM

Taggert and Frost went home.

BV Looks Shopped***

Dec 9, 2017, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like Brent gets "life"

Dec 9, 2017, 10:48 AM

Good for him. Some people have to go down a hard road to get to where he is. CUdos!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic