Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players

Apr 8, 2019, 11:53 AM

Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players

Athlon ranked the 10 best players in college football and Clemson is the only team with two on the list for 2019. Tigers quarterback Trevor Lawrence leads the d Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players

Apr 8, 2019, 11:56 AM

So they are saying there is 8 other players better than Justyn, Tee and Isiah? Really, that's the story they believe? We have at least 5 of the top 10 players in the country! Which by anyone's standards is really crazy!! #WETOODEEP!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 11:57 AM

That is even leaving XT off the list!

Apr 8, 2019, 12:00 PM

XT will make sure they remember his name after this coming season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players ]

If Tua is No. 1, why are all of the pundits and pros telling us they can't wait until Lawrence's name is in the draft? I don't hear all of this same chatter about Tua.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 12:02 PM

By the end of the season we will have 5 in the top 10. Including the top 2 or 3 and at least 3 of the top 5. Trevor, ETN, and Ross are no doubt in the top 5 now and anyway they put Tua ahead of Trevor makes their rankings invalid. Go Tigers

Apr 8, 2019, 10:15 PM

A lot of people will understand how special Ross is come January. Everything he did last year was amazing and it’s scary he did that as a freshman. He has the potential to be the best WR ever to come to Clemson and that’s a crazy thought. The kid has the hands of Nuk Hopkins, the agility and speed of Sammy Watkins and the frame and physicalness of Mike Williams. It’s like he’s a combination of 3 of the best WR to wear the Paw. WRU! Go Tigers

What a great time to be a ....

Apr 8, 2019, 12:05 PM

..... Tiger!!! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: What a great time to be a ....

Apr 8, 2019, 12:19 PM

Ridiculous. In other breaking news, Athlon ranks North Korea as the most loved and admired country in the history of the world.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:10 PM

TLaw #2? Did the guys from Athlon miss the NC game?

Apr 8, 2019, 12:32 PM

Tua better than Trevor.......these fake news people never give up do they......they better start doing a little fact checking .....head to head matchups obviously don’t matter either......we are not stupid but they obviously are.......what a frigging joke and if they can’t be truthful they just need to shut up.....Go Tigers!!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 1:13 PM

I think TL is a better qb by far, but why would a head to head matchup matter? Trevor doesn’t play against Tua. TL faces the Bama defense and tua faced to Clemson defense. Head to head team matchups would have nothing to do with who is the better qb. Clemson also had a way better defense. Heck, even Trevor struggled some against our defense Saturday.

Apr 8, 2019, 3:08 PM

I used to think the same thing, however upon reflection "head to head" means this:

To me it is "head to head" because both QBs were playing against the top ranked defenses. They weren't playing pansy or mediocre defenses. When each had to perform against an elite defense, it was very clear who succeeded and who didn't, given the same odds.

Apr 8, 2019, 3:09 PM

It's about how each QB responded to the same very difficult odds and obstacles.

Apr 10, 2019, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players ]

+1, IMO. Had we not played each other, and had Trevor not performed as he did, nor Tua performed as poorly as he did, I might see an argument that Tua was better. We did play head to head, though, and Trevor certainly showed on the big stage, with it all on the line, that he is better. Much better!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players ]

I love trevor Lawrence but he hasn't even had the best season from a Clemson qb yet. Tua had the best individual season for a qb in the history of college football. The man had more touchdowns than incompletions most games. We gotta think about more than just the national championship game. It discredits how amazing tua was last year

Apr 8, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers ranked among nation's top-10 players ]

Yep, Tua was 44-16 better, but the 44 was from TL-16, and the 16 was the best that Tua had, and then the backup was sent in. Oh well, they can't be right all the time, not even most of the time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua Tagovailoa #1

Apr 8, 2019, 12:45 PM

Just in case you were under the mistaken impression that the talking heads, deep down, don't still believe Alabama is the best.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:51 PM

As I recall, at least one of TL's picks was an end-of-the-half heave which meant nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they just can't quite help themselves can they...***

Apr 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

Apr 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

not surprised. The 'bamer love fest lives. Also, they have too many fan bases to satisfy, so to get eyes they can't put more than two Tigers on the list.

Fake news ... its like Hillary, I mean Bama didn't lose

Apr 8, 2019, 1:07 PM

to these media bozos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua ahead of TL lol***

Apr 8, 2019, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua ahead of TL lol***

Apr 8, 2019, 1:47 PM

I love that Tua Unpronounceable is still raked ahead of TLaw ....... That's some good bulletin board material for next season.

I look forward to TLaw and Clemson who is really #1 in the only way that matters, performing and winning on the field.

Apr 8, 2019, 3:11 PM

Another few months and Trevor's legacy will vault into legendary status ... if it hasn't actually done so already . He isn't second best to Alabama's QB ... I mean he has already outshined and outperformed him on the biggest stage in the sport .
ETN is the best returning running back in CFB , no disrespect to the Wisconsin kid or some of the other guys on that list , but ETN is a cut above .
Homer review done .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 8, 2019, 6:00 PM

Spot on....Athlon must be owned by ESPN!!! and drinking that SEC KOOLAID. GO TIGERS

Apr 8, 2019, 5:55 PM

I was not very good in math , but it sounds to me like we have 2 of the top 4 players in the country .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 11:31 PM

I believe Trevor said it all on the field that night. 44 - 16. As Gump would say, Tua supporters need to go back to GREENBO, ALABAMA!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic