Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Three Clemson players, three signees drafted Wednesday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

TNET: Three Clemson players, three signees drafted Wednesday

Jun 6, 2018, 7:32 PM

Three Clemson players, three signees drafted Wednesday

Three 2018 Tigers and three Clemson signees were selected on the third and final day of the MLB draft on Wednesday. Sophomore lefthander Jake Higginbotham was s Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Three Clemson players, three signees drafted Wednesday

Jun 6, 2018, 8:00 PM

Most of these kids have no business going. Going that late you’ll get maybe 50-100 k max. Probably some less than that. Trust me, some of these kids think it’s glamorous. Think again guys. If you’re lucky, you’ll make 2,000 per month. You’ll be essentially living with foster families. My grandma did it for the cola league in the 40’s and 50’s... easy for the kids to get lost in the system and get in trouble.

I know some of y’all think mlb gets it right but nothing could be further from the truth. Yeah you think these coaches and agents give a rats tail about you??? Think again. At least in college you get structure and at least at Clemson, coaches, players and fans who really do care.

I really hope Monte and team are explaining just how hard it is. Look at the numbers. Very very few out of all the college and hs players will ever sniff an mlb field. Unless you just go as a fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 8:58 PM

all but 2 will be at clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 9:18 PM

I hope you are right!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Three Clemson players, three signees drafted Wednesday ]

As an 18yr old just finished HS, $150k sounds like a ton of money especially if they are from lower middle class. But I agree, 98% of them would be much better off getting a degree and learning how to live away from home in a structured environment.

The MLB draft is about the stupidest most misleading faction of any of the major sports. Plus, they need to postpone the draft to after the CWS! It's such a distraction!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic