Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season

Aug 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

Texas A&M TE likely out for season

Clemson vs. Texas A&M should be an exciting matchup inside Death Valley on Saturday, September 7. One of the Aggies' top playmakers for the ACC/SEC clash will b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season

Aug 14, 2019, 9:19 AM

Too bad. Hate to see players get hurt. Wish him a complete recovery.

Aug 14, 2019, 9:30 AM

How can a true freshman be a top playmaker when he's never played a game?

We've had a few

Aug 14, 2019, 9:37 AM

Most notably Sammy Watkins in 2011.

Re: We've had a few

Aug 14, 2019, 9:40 AM

Or Trevor, ETN, Wilkins, Dex. He could become one of their top play makers but I don't see how he can be called that without playing a game yet. Practice and high school is different than actual games.

The coaches knew it within days for a few guys

Aug 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

I mentioned Watkins in particular because it was evident during the first week of practice that he was going to be one of, if not our top play maker in 2011. I think the same thing was true with Etienne a few years ago except he had a lot more established competition ahead of him than Sammy did back in 2011.

Baylor Cupp was the #1 TE recruit coming out of HS, A&M featured the TE quite a bit in their offense last year with Jace Sternberger, and I've heard this kid mentioned numerous times in podcasts, including by Jimbo himself in an interview. He was also an EE so he was there all spring. I get that he hasn't gotten any live game action yet, but i think a lot of people knew what A&M had in him already.

Aug 14, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season ]

This is a big deal. They lost an excellent TE to the NFL draft this year, and were counting on this dude to replace him. I don’t think they have another player this talented on the roster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 11:07 AM

Yes he’s unproven at this level but he has all the tools to be a super star. There are nuisances to the college game that he needs but let’s fave it Jimbo is a fabulous coach and he’s not allowing for this hype if there wasn’t truth to it. They lost their best RB as well to the nfl but the guy that frightens me is #13. That kid is s monster. Caught everything and don’t get fooled by his pedestrian numbers on the season last year he was hurt. He’s healthy and a beast. Mind was incredibly lucky In That Game. He threw passes across his body into traffic and a handful of times the receiver he hit, #13, wasn’t the intended receiver but he came down with it. Wallace dropped a pick six and the potential game tying touchdown wasan interception that Wallace couldn’t hold. It’s amazing when you look at this team with Trevor running the offense. The Kelly Bryant offense kept every team close. The first four games last year were painful until he turned it over to Trevor. This year this game won’t be close No game will be but that’s because we have such an easy schedule right?? Trevor won’t lose again until the pros

Aug 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

Hope you’re correct. I see a rise in rushing offense this year as Defenses start to key on our passing game. ETN May get over 2,000 yds this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season ]

Yes he’s unproven at this level but he has all the tools to be a super star. There are nuisances to the college game that he needs but let’s fave it Jimbo is a fabulous coach and he’s not allowing for this hype if there wasn’t truth to it. They lost their best RB as well to the nfl but the guy that frightens me is #13. That kid is s monster. Caught everything and don’t get fooled by his pedestrian numbers on the season last year he was hurt. He’s healthy and a beast. Mind was incredibly lucky In That Game. He threw passes across his body into traffic and a handful of times the receiver he hit, #13, wasn’t the intended receiver but he came down with it. Wallace dropped a pick six and the potential game tying touchdown wasan interception that Wallace couldn’t hold. It’s amazing when you look at this team with Trevor running the offense. The Kelly Bryant offense kept every team close. The first four games last year were painful until he turned it over to Trevor. This year this game won’t be close No game will be but that’s because we have such an easy schedule right?? Trevor won’t lose again until the pros

Aug 14, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season ]

Hate to use it as an example since we were on the short end, but Julio Jones lit us up as a true freshman. His play backed up his hype right out of the gate, and were favored in that game.

Aug 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

Well, when our first play from scrimmage was a fumble inside our own 20 (10?)...you know it's not going to be a good day. But that "first carry" promise was kept...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 9:35 AM

:(

Aug 14, 2019, 9:42 AM

Get healthy and come back stronger kid

Aug 14, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season ]

Crap, I fat thumbed a TD. I'll find some older posts and TU them, my bad @Oculus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M TE likely out for season ]

Alright I think I gave you around 20 or so to make up :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 9:48 AM

I guess we will both be without our best TE.

I’m sorry to hear that! I hope he gets back soon.***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:23 AM

Aug 14, 2019, 11:27 AM

I hate hearing that type of news about any of the kids playing college sports, even if it's a coot player. But good receiving TE's seem to be a a big problem for our D to defend!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 11:44 AM

Texas A&M TE likely out for season

Clemson vs. Texas A&M should be an exciting matchup inside Death Valley on Saturday, September 7. One of the Aggies' top playmakers for the ACC/SEC clash will b Read Update »

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the game with the Aggies

Aug 14, 2019, 12:22 PM

Is going to be something to see. I hope every one of you plans to be at this game in the Valley. There will not be a single play in this game that will not be big. Very tough opponent with a top knot coaching staff. Be at this SEC game and be a big part of something great. Remember SEC!!! One more chance for the good guys to quite the masses.

Re: the game with the Aggies

Aug 14, 2019, 2:58 PM

It should be about like FSU when Jimbo had them at their best, and I really don't expect anything different to be honest. There is one thing I question though, has Jimbo been there long enough to get things set the way that he wants it to be, I mean, isn't this only his second full season with A&M?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 4:03 PM

Sad to hear. Praying for a complete and speedy recovery for the young man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huge hit to that pro style offense

Aug 15, 2019, 8:15 AM

Remember ole Nick o Leary? Having a dominant tight end is imperative for Jimbo. Looks like it's GNA be another long day for a tough but still young qb in Mond

Great, now there will be an astrisk by our win***

Aug 15, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic