Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case

May 24, 2019, 9:10 AM

Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case

We are disappointed in the results of the appeal and continue to believe our student-athletes did not knowingly ingest any banned substances. The Athletic Depar Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case

May 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

Sorry guys...let's get ready for next year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:16 AM

When a statement starts out "We are disappointed" it generally isn't good. I hate this for our 2 guys. Jordan Lay better be getting after it this summer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, in 5 tests, they only failed the one administered by the

May 24, 2019, 9:20 AM

Lab the NCAA uses ?

Re: So, in 5 tests, they only failed the one administered by the

May 24, 2019, 9:53 AM

OBVIOUSLY IN ALABAMA

I think the lab they used was in SoCal

May 24, 2019, 10:26 AM

Not 100% sure ,but think I'm right.

May 24, 2019, 9:20 AM

If we had a law school this wouldn't be happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: NCAA appeal in Ostarine case- I'm sure Swoff

May 24, 2019, 9:23 AM

held our hand every step of the way and showed equal concern for us as with UNC's academic scandal (which started during his AD tenure). Probably went to see them at the NCAA too. (Sarcasm- he was too busy not selling the ACC Network to cable providers). Wake up Clemson and other conference members (excluding UNC)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The big takeaway here is that it is just like Big Dex said

May 24, 2019, 9:29 AM

They take tests all the time and he would never do anything selfish like that to hurt the team. I believe him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:33 AM

There should be a lawsuit filed against the NCAA immediately for he ll make up a reason and make them spend money. They will cave just like they did with UNCheat, Allbarn and others.

May 24, 2019, 9:38 AM

I would say Clemson should find out how to test for that particular steroid and put everything they use to be tested accordingly. It might not become official that something mislabeled caused the problem, but it might help them avoid this in the future. It may lead eventually to the FDA and such to finally catch a CRIMINAL company not doing their job properely.

Re: TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case***

May 24, 2019, 9:44 AM

May 24, 2019, 9:51 AM

This is strictly speculation but I'm wagering the supplement was given to the players by a former player who happens to own a gym not far from Clemson. That player also happens to be one of my favorite players of this past decade. I could even see it being a mistake on his end thinking it was just a supplement and wouldn't pop on a ped test. Sarms and prohormones were a gray area up until recent years.

Either way I don't think there's an epidemic at Clemson, truly believe these guys just weren't smart about taking a supplement and doing their own research on it.

null

May 24, 2019, 10:17 AM

While this is possible, this should never, ever happen. My daughter just finished her career as an FSU student athlete, and every NCAA athlete is well drilled on the fact that they should never take anything not supplied or approved by the school.

May 24, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case ]

Don’t think they go to Boulware’s gym

May 24, 2019, 10:54 AM

Read the statement from the lawyer. It said that it was obvious to everyone (even the NCAA) that it was contamination and not deliberate ingestion. So...no....not given to them at Boulware's Gym. Maybe that was said in sarcasm - I hope so. Because there's no need for those guys to be over there with all the bells & whistles they have on campus.

The sad thing is NCAA reason for rejecting the appeal is basically "well the rule doesn't make exceptions for contamination". Bureaucracy at its best!

Re: TNET: Statement from Clemson NCAA appeal in Ostarine case

May 24, 2019, 9:51 AM

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS !!!!#### A BLATANT PERSECUTION OF THE CLEMSON TIGERS FOR DARING TO DETHRONE THEIR KING ALABAMA !!!!!####

May 24, 2019, 9:57 AM

These 2 youngmen are about to get paid!! This will not hold up outside of the NCAA boardroom. These 2 families with the help of these attorneys are about to turn the Ncaa upside down. You can mark it down.

May 24, 2019, 10:07 AM

Lets hope so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:58 AM

Hate it for these kids. They did nothing wrong, but are losing a year of their college careers because of the inefficiencies of the NCAA

May 24, 2019, 9:59 AM

It is way past time that all conferences to pull away from the governing of the NCAA. To many times has the same rules have had different versions of the rules having different effects depending on the school accuse of an infraction!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope the student's sue but they would need to have the $$$***

May 24, 2019, 10:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they better hire a lawyer not associated with the school

May 24, 2019, 10:42 AM

Because those lawyers couldn't get Jesus out of a DUI ticket

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well

May 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s Theotis Willinghan Swofford III

May 24, 2019, 7:20 PM

Illegimate son of a commissioner on graduation day from UNC Law School

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 10:16 AM

I should think the NCAA is going to be liable for a lawsuit from these guys, not simply for restored playing time, but for potential damages, given the USADA's changed stance on such cases based on science.

If the NCAA is following policies that don't represent the best, most up to date scientific data, surely they have liability for decisions that so drastically effect a student athletes life.

I don't believe the NCAA could defend itself

May 24, 2019, 10:45 AM

In a lawsuit. Their inconsistency in applying punishment is a scarlet letter of incompetency. Time to tear that faux body down.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ef 'em***

May 24, 2019, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Such BS!***

May 24, 2019, 10:51 AM

May 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

get a REAL lawyer---the ncaa will coward down

May 24, 2019, 11:43 AM

I am still puzzled why Clemson could not find the source of the Osterine ..... or maybe they did and that is why we are not hearing about it. Is it better to have two players suspended than to have the entire program looked at under a microscope because players may have been given the substance (albeit unknowingly, as I don't think we would ever do it on purpose)? It is just strange to me, as the players had to ingest some sort of nutritional substance pretty close to the testing date and no one knows what it was.

May 24, 2019, 11:50 AM

If there was a trace amount in a particular "batch" of an approved supplement the guys took, I don't know how they ever could find that source months, or even weeks, later.

May 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

That's true, but you would think the same product would include the same elements ..... maybe not. You never know what kind of control where these products are made there is. I just believe the players and if I were in their shoes I would probably be a tad bitter toward the NCAA or whomever put that crap in a legitimate product.

May 24, 2019, 7:30 PM

No, supplements are notorious for being different batch to batch, especially in the "inactive ingredients" which can be just about anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 11:52 AM

Giella is a senior. Thats it for him. I feel horrible for him bc I believe these kids knew nothing that this was contamination. The bad thing is that the whole situation with ostarine and supplement companies is about to come to a head. I think we are about to see some major changes with the unsupervised supplement companies. I don't know the governing body that are responsible for the checks and balances of these companies but too many athletes are getting banned from contaminated supplements for this to continue.

May 24, 2019, 1:14 PM

Galloway had a redshirt season available. Was that also forfeited? In other words is he now down to 2 years remaining?

Still has the red shirt, but he cant use it for suspension

May 24, 2019, 2:29 PM

Is my understanding

May 24, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Statement from Clemson on NCAA appeal in Ostarine case ]

More than likely GNC tainted product. That's why it was not overturned because they will say they new better even though the label did not have it in it.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic