Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 51

TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal

May 6, 2020, 12:30 PM

Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal

Clemson center is reportedly entering the transfer portal on Wednesday according to multiple reports including the Birmingham News. In 2019, Jemison appeared in Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once a Tiger, alway a Tiger...***

May 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was just getting warmed up

May 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

From 0.7 points a game to 1.7 and rebounds from 1 per to 2 per.

I hope the staff saw the 50% improvement in numbers. if the entire team was progressing like that...

Message was edited by: under11par®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was just getting warmed up

May 6, 2020, 2:21 PM

That's a 100% improvement in numbers, not 50%. Just sayin.

To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?***

May 6, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Once a Tiger, alway a Tiger...*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Good thinking, Barb. We must get such important details clarified now.***

May 6, 2020, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

RA'd for personal attack.***

May 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Why are you bringing Resident Assistants into this?***

May 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Is there an eye roll emoji? Sirius question.***

May 6, 2020, 3:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don’t be Ludacris.***

May 6, 2020, 3:27 PM

Of course, I look forward to welcoming him to the next

May 6, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?*** ]

alumni meeting, along with Harvey Grant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Of course, I look forward to welcoming him to the next

May 6, 2020, 1:27 PM

Re: To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?***

May 6, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?*** ]

That's contingent on whether he always has good things to say about the school, coaches, program, etc.

Re: To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?***

May 6, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to To be clear, he will be considered an Alum, correct?*** ]

Yes, and will be allowed in limited seating at football games this year!

Hate to see him go - he showed hustle

May 6, 2020, 12:51 PM

and looked like he was on the way to having a good year coming up

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal

May 6, 2020, 12:51 PM

now go try to get sarr-from wake florist

Sarr committed to Kentucky***

College basketball should do away with all scholarships

May 6, 2020, 12:59 PM

The game is broken.

Re: College basketball should do away with all scholarships

May 6, 2020, 2:22 PM

What should the scholarships be replaced with?

May 6, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to College basketball should do away with all scholarships ]

Nothing.

May 6, 2020, 3:22 PM

Yep that'll fix everything

Keep the scholarships - do away with the high paid coaching***

May 6, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to College basketball should do away with all scholarships ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that stinks.

May 6, 2020, 1:19 PM

This was not expected as far as I know. I was hopeful that he would continue to improve and be able to help us more moving forward.

He definitely has raw talent and good size. Hopefully he finds a new home that helps him meet his goals.

I appreciate all he did for our program. A model student-athlete and person for sure!

Why would it not be expected?

May 6, 2020, 1:55 PM

So, now we’ll go get a grad transfer to take his place.

No continuity in the program (except for the head coach. Hmmm...)

And the cycle continues...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would it not be expected?

Please explain what continuity in the program would mean to you, within the context of your post.

May 6, 2020, 5:26 PM

i know you are asking someone else.
but - CBB has done a poor job of recruiting and developing. the team is constantly manned by transfers rather than developed. this does not build a good team - even of 3 stars.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 12:52 AM

So recruiting transfers isn't something he can have credit for? Developing transfers (yes that actually happens) isn't something he can have credit for? What's the difference between bringing in a freshman player who sits for a year to develop into being ready and bringing in a transfer player who, at worst, sits one season and then plays for 2-3 seasons? If anything, you have one additional year of evaluation on film to judge a talent.

Insert Response: The problem is he needs to bring in freshmen players who are ready to play right away.

Answer: You obviously haven't been watching or really following recruiting over the last two seasons/classes. See John Newman III. See Al-Amir Dawes. See Chase Hunter. See Alex Hemingway. (P.S. There's two more on the way next year, too.)

Teams can be excellent teams via utilization of transfers. See Texas Tech as late as 2018-19, who played for a national title with four transfers on their roster...three of which played pivotal roles in that team reaching the championship game in that tournament. See our Sweet 16 team from 2017-18...it's well documented how many transfers were on that roster. Miami has been pretty successful under Jim Larrañaga utilizing a ton of transfer players during his tenure there.

The facts are: There have been 4,360 transfers over the last six seasons in men's college basketball. That comes out to, on average, 726 transfers per offseason. That also accounts to 33% of all college basketball players transferring at one point during their collegiate careers. Players transfer in and out of all schools, even the blue bloods. To expect NONE is unrealistic in the current culture and within the current landscape of the game.

Re: Well that stinks.

May 6, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Well that stinks. ]

Definitely not expected when it comes this late in the process. If it were expected, you would have seen it happen in early April. My opinion is that this took place in end-of-semester/season evaluations with Brownell. Other players have been clear in discussing that, in the past, one of Brad's most notable traits is how honest he is with his players about playing time and their future opportunities with the program. This could be a product of that conversation.

This may very well say something about how good the staff feels about Jonathan Baerhe and PJ Hall as depth pieces around Aamir Simms.

Re: Well that stinks.

May 6, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Well that stinks. ]

agree... was hoping to see more improvement from him

he had some good moments last season.

May 6, 2020, 1:20 PM

disappointing news. I just hope the 2 guys coming in actually get here. I can just see some virus related issue raising its head at least w regard to the foreign player. I guess this opens a spot for some other kid to transfer in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 2:16 PM

Wonder if this means that Hall and Prosper are that good. I thought Jemison was a good talent but doesn’t have the skill of a Hall or Simms.

The Draft Board - College Fantasy Sports

Launching this fall. Visit http://www.thedraftboard.com to sign up for early access!

May 6, 2020, 1:27 PM

I hate to see him leave but do not think he will be a highly sought after player from other schools. He may be frustrated with his lack of development. I don't think we have ever done a very good job developing our big men.

I disagree.

May 6, 2020, 1:39 PM

Multiple examples of big men who have developed well under Brad & Co.

Jerai Grant took a big developmental step under Brad. In his senior year, he was ACC All-Defensive team and All-ACC honorable mention. He contributed a lot on both ends as a senior.

Landry Nnoko made significant strides as well. He went from a very raw project to ACC All-Defensive team who had some nice offensive contributions at times as well.

Catalin Baciu also showed improvement. He was never a major contributor, but the improvement was obvious.

Re: I disagree.

May 6, 2020, 3:09 PM

Sidy Djitte and Elijah Thomas made notable improvements as well. Elijah came in with a lower floor than many, but much of his development was staying on the floor (and out of foul trouble). Sidy was highly criticized in his earlier years at Clemson, with many wanting him to be as good as Landry Nnoko was (Landry, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated big men in the history of our program). Sidy would eventually get to the point of playing in the G League. Nonetheless, I think it is something we've done pretty well over the last decade, though I would wonder how much of that credit should go to Mike Winiecki, who is no longer with the team.

Great point.

Thomas and Djitte are also great examples of big man development under Brownell.

The bigs who didn’t develop considerably under Brownell are the exception rather than the rule.

Seriously, IMHO Murray Jarmann (sp?) outplayed ...

May 6, 2020, 10:35 PM

these so-called development projects in a much more talented league back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree.

May 6, 2020, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree. ]

I should have said "higher" floor...not lower floor for Elijah. I was attempting to indicate that he was clearly the most talented big man we've had, in terms of raw talent. However, he still improved at the aspects of his game he needed to...some were physical skills and others were improvement in the way he mentally approached the game.

maybe perspective

May 6, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to I disagree. ]

IMO - the combination of CBB not recruiting talent that can stay or be developed (especially inside guys). Other than Thomas - who to me was more of a 4 - but does not matter. What inside (4 or 5) has Clemson had under CBB that was a threat at all?
Thomas was rented not recruited - although it was for 3 years i think.
I am at peace with not getting 5 or 4 stars. But - their are many good teams out there that started as 2/3 stars and grew together for 4 years.
CBB cant keep them and we seem to lose the ones with some potential.

The question is why?

Re: maybe perspective

May 7, 2020, 12:55 AM

The facts are: There have been 4,360 transfers over the last six seasons in men's college basketball. That comes out to, on average, 726 transfers per offseason. That also accounts to 33% of all college basketball players transferring at one point during their collegiate careers. Players transfer in and out of all schools, even the blue bloods. To expect NONE is unrealistic in the current culture and within the current landscape of the game.

Re: maybe perspective

May 7, 2020, 12:57 AM [ in reply to maybe perspective ]

https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/

If Honerable mention is the highlight of your career...

May 7, 2020, 3:04 AM [ in reply to I disagree. ]

I'm not seeing a whole lot of development. 1st team? 2nd team? Too much to ask at Clemson?

Developing post players at Clemson is not a priority

May 6, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal ]

Too much effort is put into 3-pt and FT percentages

That might be the dumbest thing you've ever said on this

May 6, 2020, 3:49 PM

board, and that's saying something.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Keep on proving that you are the IPY (year)

May 7, 2020, 7:33 AM

Can't believe that you are that pathetic & desperate for attention that you & your 10 logins are all you are living for...

May 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Good for him! Who would want to play for Brad brownell ? He will be much better off!

May 6, 2020, 1:30 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

May 6, 2020, 1:32 PM

be taught to replace that 1.7pts/game and 47% curry-like accuracy.....

He hadn't really been counted on to score, but he was helpful in clogging the lane on occasion. We don't have a lot of size on the roster now for sure. That's not as important as it used to be though.

May 6, 2020, 5:37 PM

We NEVER have size or an enforcer under CBB. cant recruit or develop bigs.

May 6, 2020, 2:00 PM

Really sucks as I thought he started to come on and gain more confidence at the end of the season. Wonder if he saw the writing on the wall with Baehre coming back and us adding Hall. We still could have used him for depth.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 2:13 PM

Will we even have enough players to scrimmage in practice?

Yes, assuming no injuries we will.

May 6, 2020, 2:18 PM

We were full for next year with no scholarships available and no players sitting out due to transfer.

Now we have one scholly open.

May 6, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal ]

We have 12 scholarship players at this point, along with the standard 3-4 walk-ons. Your sarcastic post isn't needed. You could simply do a little research.

May 6, 2020, 3:15 PM

I would find it hard to believe that a contact hasn't already been made with Jordan Bruner (Yale graduate transfer from South Carolina) to take this spot as a graduate transfer. We were in the final two of his recruitment and ultimately lost out to Yale. Bruner averaged 10.9 points and 9.2 rebounds last year and 10.4 points and 8.3 rebounds two seasons ago.

Hate that Jemison never developed like some thought he might. He never seemed to be able to slow down his motor. I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands.

May 6, 2020, 3:19 PM

Nevermind on this...Bruner is already off the board. He committed to Alabama in early April.

Unfortunately, he already chose Alabama.

May 6, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Clemson center enters transfer portal ]

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article241920711.html

I’m sure we would’ve recruited him again this time around, and he would’ve strongly considered us, had we had a spot available.

This is why the portal needs adjustments - place a time

May 6, 2020, 3:25 PM

frame for FB and BB transfers just like filing for the drafts. If you want to leave , let everyone know early enough to look for replacements.

Kid was clearly processed by Brownell to open up a spot

May 6, 2020, 3:21 PM

for an incoming transfer.*

*Just kidding. About the processed part at least. The rest is probably true.

Baloney, he had good attitude, was a team player and

May 6, 2020, 3:32 PM

improved each year. I am sure Brownell had big plans for him this year.

Not sure if serious, but i was joking and literally said i

May 6, 2020, 3:39 PM

was joking.

TD for misspelling bologna***

May 7, 2020, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Baloney, he had good attitude, was a team player and ]

May 6, 2020, 3:38 PM

My prayer is we find an incredible player to fill the spot! It could be a blessing for him and Clemson Basketball ??!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

The bad news of Simms declaring early and Jemison

May 6, 2020, 5:14 PM

transferring don't diminish the singular glory of finishing the season on a winning note for likely the first time since 1939. They can't take that away.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

common denominator?

May 6, 2020, 5:43 PM

seems like developing or keeping a big man is not CBB strength.

Re: common denominator?

May 7, 2020, 6:07 PM

So where does developing Aamir Simms come into play in this theory that you have?

May 6, 2020, 6:11 PM

...and Simms gone. next year our excuse will be that we lost those post players and had to shoot 40 3's a game. Another mediocre season coming up.

Simms isn’t leaving. He will be back.***

May 6, 2020, 10:17 PM

What is the last day to remove

May 6, 2020, 10:41 PM

yourself from the draft?

Re: What is the last day to remove

May 7, 2020, 6:08 PM

June 3, according to this article.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/03/tentative-2020-nba-draft-dates-deadlines.html

Clemson center enters transfer portal,,so who

May 6, 2020, 7:56 PM

do we get to replace him????

May 6, 2020, 11:24 PM

It could just be a homesick issue. Covid-19 is a nightmare and returning to an out of state school might not seem appealing to him, idk tho.

You should know that there is only one acceptable answer here.

May 6, 2020, 11:39 PM

Which is that Brownell stinks. This is the only possible explanation, per TaterNet rules.

Ahhh yes, CBB's typical copy and paste response

May 7, 2020, 12:44 AM

he uses when his players decide to jump ship.

Gotta love it

May 7, 2020, 12:57 AM

https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/

May 7, 2020, 3:38 AM

That sucks. We really needed him for next year. He was coming around.

Agreed-definitely not a place we could take a hit*****

May 7, 2020, 7:08 AM

Anything else I say wont be nice so I'll be quiet.

Horrible timing for Clemson it appears by this transfer ranking

May 7, 2020, 6:29 AM

Most have committed elsewhere so we didn’t even get a shot at replacing. This will be filled by a walk-on and fulfilled next year.

Side note, didn’t realize landers nolley for VT transferred to Memphis. He was their team. Trey McGowems to Nebraska from Pitt (kid from Seneca)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22

May 7, 2020, 7:37 AM

Oh no!!! Does this mean that we will NOT make the NCAAT - AGAIN???

May 7, 2020, 6:10 PM

This will change our NCAA Tournament chances about as much as it will change your amount of unconditional support for the team, inclusive of its head coach.

CONGARTS HAROLD JEMISON YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER

May 7, 2020, 9:14 AM

EYE LOVE BIG O EVEN IF YU TRANSFIR TO NORTH DAKOTA STATE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to see him go

May 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

Jemison was starting to make good progress. Gave us at least one physical big body in the post. Best wishes to him at his next destination.

May 11, 2020, 6:30 AM

Yes

Replies: 81
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic