Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas

Dec 5, 2017, 6:10 PM

Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas

SMU head coach Chad Morris is the leading candidate to fill the open vacancy at Arkansas as their next football coach. According to multiple reports, Morris is Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrats to him

Dec 5, 2017, 6:11 PM

he turned smu around in short time.

Re: TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas

Dec 5, 2017, 7:21 PM

That's awesome for him and even better for us. This is one less option for CBV to entertain leaving us for. I would love for us to keep Venables as long as possible.

Dec 5, 2017, 7:51 PM

I wonder what this means about Coach BV and TN?

Morris was who I had hoped TN would hire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2017, 7:57 PM

Check out David Hood's post for the update on Tennessee and all of our assistants.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 5, 2017, 8:00 PM

Thank you for tbe heads up! I have been out of the loop at work and missed that. These guys could all be head coaches but I don't want them to go.

Dec 6, 2017, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas ]

If you can't go with what BV has said many times, I'm guessing your character is one that worries about things just to worry about things. Once more, BV is happy and satisfied with being the DC at Clemson, and HE don't have any intentions of going any where at the present time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas ]

Agreed!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations, Chad***

Dec 5, 2017, 7:55 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 5, 2017, 8:49 PM

Happy for us but mixed feelings for Morris. No underestimating his effect on CU and his work here is really what got him the job. He could have done better at SMU and might have landed a better gig than Arky if he had.

7-5 at SMU might actually be great because he hamstrung himself a bit in recruiting by politicking for bigger coaching jobs before even got his office set up down there. And there was a lot of disarray in Texas football at the time he could have better taken advantage of by projecting more stability.

I wish him well but Arky is a big sled to push uphill. Not sure how well anybody could do there these days. Brent V dodged a bullet IMO.

Dec 6, 2017, 9:01 AM

Arkansas is not a bad job, they're just down at the moment. Bielema came in with a ground and pound offense in a conference where everyone does that and they can't be successful doing that. The Houston Nutt and Bobby Petrino eras at Arkansas featured more faced paced, innovative offenses that spread it around more and that's what Chad Morris will be able to do.

Arkansas is the only major state university in the state of Arkansas and people are crazy about Razorback football because there's no professional sports there either. If Chad has a 10 win season or two, beats Alabama, or wins the SEC even once he will have a statue erected outside their stadium.

High School football in Arkansas is not bad and they are very close to Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana where even getting the 2nd and 3rd tier recruits in that state will win you a lot of games with the rtight coaches in place.

I think he could have done better, but this isn't a bad job and I think he'll be successful in Fayetteville as well.

Latest Report is BAD

Dec 5, 2017, 9:11 PM

Sources say that the Chad wants BV as his defensive coordinator. That could be what Brent was referring to with his comment yesterday.

Re: Latest Report is BAD

Dec 5, 2017, 9:16 PM

smfh , guess yall aint the mot for no reason

Dec 6, 2017, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Latest Report is BAD ]

Brent would have to pay Clemson a huge buyout to leave for another coordinator position. Not happening

Latest Report is BAD

Dec 5, 2017, 9:11 PM

Sources say that the Chad wants BV as his defensive coordinator. That could be what Brent was referring to with his comment yesterday.

Dec 6, 2017, 2:52 AM

Why in the world would BV leave his current position to be a DC somewhere else? That makes no sense. This is one rumor I'm not concerned about at all. Now there is always a possibility that he will leave to be a head coach somewhere.

Whew!

Dec 5, 2017, 9:20 PM

I would hate to lose BV!

Dec 5, 2017, 10:23 PM

And this report....

Sources tell us to expect Morris to target Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables for his defensive coordinator spot on staff.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:46 AM

Totally funny ... BV makes 1.7 mil... Arkansas pays their DC 700000..do the math.. lol

Dec 6, 2017, 2:06 PM

Even with the Waltons and Jerry Jones money, they ain't paying that for a DC.

Dec 5, 2017, 10:41 PM

THis is a horrible hire. He will be fired within 3 years.

Dec 6, 2017, 8:54 AM

He'll probably outlast Muschamp, at least.

Dec 6, 2017, 8:39 AM

I think Ark can be a great fit for Chad. He will recruit well in Texas, has a lot of name credibility there. His offense will do well in the SEC-W. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. Might take a year or two since BB was recruiting all power run guys.

Dec 6, 2017, 9:34 AM

Good for Morris, good for the Razorbacks, and good for the Tigers. A real win-win all around. Congrats to him for joining the true big league.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 10:03 AM

I guess we will soon have a Home and Away game scheduled against the Pig's pretty soon!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 10:28 AM

The majority of the Arky fan base is pissed. Just look at some of those comments on twitter. I'd say 80% are livid.... They don't know who Chad Morris is. They only see that 14-22 by his name. I think he'll do well there. With Arky's resources, and his Texas connections, he'll have them contending for the SECW in a few years. He does need a good DC.. But, BV would be taking a major step backwards by going to be his DC. I'm sure Clemson would match any salary offer that someone threw at BV. However, BV and CM do have the same agent.. Could be a money play on BV's part...Who knows.. I'll I do know is I want a repeat.. Beat Bama.. Go Tigers!

The majority of Arky fans can't pi$$ inside

Dec 6, 2017, 10:43 AM

If all they see is his current record and not where it started then thats their own problem. SMU is 14-22 since he got there. 2 wins, 5 wins, 7 wins. Arky is 18-19 over the same time. 8 wins, 7 wins, and 4 wins. I'm not a statistician, but even I can see those trend lines don't go in the same direction. A wide open offense is just about the only way for the middling teams in the west to compete with the Bamas and LSUs. You aren't going to get the hogs to be able to line up against those teams.

But then again, I don't expect folks from the state that gave us Walmart and the Clinton's to be able to have strong logic skills.

Re: The majority of Arky fans can't pi$$ inside

Dec 6, 2017, 10:47 AM

We'll see. SMU is harder to turn around than a lot of the other AAC schools with their admission standards, but Arkansas is basically starting every year at best fifth in their division, maybe you have a good year and some other teams stumble and you finish second once in a while.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:33 AM

If I remember correctly Petrino did pretty well there, I think it was more their former coach that was the reason they started fifth in their division every year.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:50 AM

All players in Texas were down pretty badly then though. Not saying he can't win but expecting them to compete for the division year in and out with the heavyweights seems like a tall order.

That also tells you that Bielema was a terrible hire

Dec 6, 2017, 11:54 AM

He couldn't take advantage of pretty much all of his competitors falling on hard times. Texas, LSU, A&M were all at their lowest, but Arky pretty much sunk down there with them.

I might not want to go recruit either if I had to leave that wife home alone!

Dec 6, 2017, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The majority of Arky fans can't pi$$ inside ]

Compete year in and out with the heavyweights, no, but to compete once every 3-4 years, yes.

Not to mention the offense Bilema had is toxic for most programs because it's just not flashy enough. Morris will bring energy, high powered offense, and has a working relationship with Texas high school coaches to aid in recruiting.

Arky won't ever be a power again

Dec 6, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: The majority of Arky fans can't pi$$ inside ]

But there is no reason they shouldn't be pushing top 2-4 in the West. Great year slip up and steal the 1, bad year the 4th. If they were to bring in a dynamic coach their geography would be great recruiting (at least to that 2-4 standard) for offensive players. Basically only Memphis and Oklahoma run similar styles to Morris. Arky could be no worse than the second option of any kid between Memphis and Dallas. Its either Texas/Oklahoma or Ark.

Dec 6, 2017, 10:27 AM

Was there not a PIC of the Chad at his present job @ SMU that could have been used for this article bc, He really don't have a thing to do with Clemson anymore other than attempting to break up our coaching staff. Some friends are only your friend if you have something they want for themselves, and they are willing to sever that friendship when they could have found what they wanted at other places!!!

WHOA!

Dec 6, 2017, 10:54 AM

Whoa... Easy up there fellow! Might be time for counseling on relationship problems. Merry Christmas!

Dec 6, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Chad Morris likely to be hired at Arkansas ]

Totally funny ... BV makes 1.7 mil... Arkansas pays their DC 700000..do the math.. lol

Dec 6, 2017, 11:56 AM

Sounds like it's official:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/938450799990059008

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic