Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams

Aug 21, 2018, 8:46 AM

Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams

College Football is back for another season which means another year of ESPN analyst Paul Finebaum. Finebaum said Monday on the radio via WJOX 94.5 FM his predi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go out on a limb there, Moose Knuckle***

Aug 21, 2018, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams

Aug 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

Who cares??????

CT88's Predictions.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:50 AM

Over the next few years Finebaum will pick Bama to win it all. You must understand, when one's head is up someone else's butt so far they are sharing air it's difficult to find contradictions between the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorta hard to understand 'Bama fans' unrequited love

Aug 21, 2018, 11:48 AM

for Finebaum after his lengthy testimony to the NCAA as he "turned states evidence" AGAINST 'Bama during the Albert Means scandal---'Bama got significant probation, permanently disassociated longtime booster Logan Young (close family friend of the Bryants), etc.............Phil Fulmer caught way more grief from the Tide faithful than Finebaum did for basically the same thing

Of course, 4 or 5 other SEC teams (and MichSt) offered payment to Means' HS coach at Trezivant HS in Memphis---that HS may ring a bell with Clemson fans from several years ago as we lost a highly regarded RB (after he'd committed to the Tigers) because some teacher/counselor was discovered to have changed grades for several players to make them eligible for college....Trezivant HS football has been caught up in a number of scandals over the years and Coach Swinney wasted no time in distancing Clemson from the player and the school after rumors surfaced of probable fraudulent grade changing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 8:57 AM

I agree with his picks except I tend to think PSU replaces OSU this year.

Even if AU beat UA at UA this year, and Bama does exactly what they did last year, then they get in once again without having to play in the CC game. UGA will win the SEC Least like last year, but to get into the playoff picture would require that AU beats UA. And for Washington to get in, they need to beat AU in their opener. The picture will be more clear by week 3.

The only one I am positive about is Bama. No way do they lose more than 1 game with their lame schedule, and they don't even have to win their CC game. Incredible. It's like they get a "get out of jail free card", or maybe like a Wild Card even though they really do not qualify. No other team in the country gets that, save OSU (and they don't even come close to deserving anything).

Aug 21, 2018, 11:05 AM

THIS! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams ]

I was thinking maybe Michigan State will have another big year. They are due, underated returning qb, tough defense, returning rb. They seem to cycle into top tier every 3-4 years.

Aug 21, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams ]

The sad thing is we had the opportunity in the Sugar Bowl to prove they didn’t belong in the CFP last year which would have caused people to think twice in the future about always giving them a second chance they don’t deserve. Unfortunately we didn’t play to win, just to stay close and try to steal it at the end. Somebody needs to drive a stake in their heart like Auburn did last year.

I think he pushed his q-tip too far in his ear...

Aug 21, 2018, 9:01 AM

and scratched his brain.

Ohio St.??? They don't even know right now if they will have a head coach.

And I don't see Jawja making it either IMO

Meyer will still be at OSU.***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:14 PM

That mug should be confined to a radio, it scares children

Aug 21, 2018, 9:02 AM

and gals!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

All Alabama, all the time no matter what. I hope he is wrong about Bama, Georgia and Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

All Alabama, all the time no matter what. I hope he is wrong about Bama, Georgia and Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid's last comments

Aug 21, 2018, 9:11 AM

Reflects what he thinks of Paul's pick for the Natty. But...

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dO6D/xfinity-x1-voice-remote-child-expert-soccer

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:12 AM

Boy, that's a shocker - Finebaum picking 'bama to win it all. Again. Post a story when he picks someone other than Alabama or some other SEC team to win it all. That would be news worthy. This is just more of the same ole crappie. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who isn't though? They are the Vegas favorite literally

Aug 21, 2018, 9:14 AM

every year (except maybe 2015).

Aug 21, 2018, 9:15 AM

Old Paul obviously doesn’t read FGF. If he did he would realize that Georgia is going to be irrelevant after the coots demolish them in week two.

he put a lot of thought in that, not. what an sec homer***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:19 AM

Aug 21, 2018, 9:25 AM

We'll see how the season plays out but I doubt the SEC will get two teams into the playoff's again this year. I think that was a bit of an anomaly last year that won't be repeated very often.

The only reason the SEC got two teams in the playoffs last year was because both the Big 10 Champion (Ohio State) and the PAC 12 Champion (USC) had two losses in the regular season. That created the condition that allowed a one loss non-conference champion Alabama team (and the fact that 'Bama always gets benefit of the doubt) to weasel their way into the playoffs. I just don't think that these conditions will repeat themselves that often...

More than likely an undefeated or one loss Alabama will play an undefeated or one loss UGA in the SEC Championship this year with the winner getting into the playoffs and the loser being left out. In this case, the Playoff Committee will view the SEC Championship game as a defacto playoff elimination game...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:34 AM

Ok we have his predictions for the college playoff for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, ... Lets give him something harder like when will ANY of these teams NOT be in the playoffs. 2052?

Aug 21, 2018, 10:05 AM

Please explain to me why anybody pays any attention to a jock-sniffer like Finebaum who has never played a down of football in addition to be an SEC homer.

Water is wet***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:44 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

#### Finebaum - already trying to dictate the narrative of

Aug 21, 2018, 9:47 AM

having 2 sec teams in playoff not only this year - but even year.

Preseason

Bogus

null

Aug 21, 2018, 11:15 AM

Aug 21, 2018, 2:40 PM

What team did he play for or did he play with himself?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum predicts his CFB playoff teams ]

Sums it up pretty good there dirty tiger....Finebum is a hose bag w beagle ears

He picked Bama to win it all. In other news,

Aug 21, 2018, 11:20 AM

truth isn't truth.

FinebaumNet.com is back!***

Aug 21, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crump loves to troll with Finebaum.***

Aug 21, 2018, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 5:45 PM

PF, alias Puff, is so predictable. SEC first and then. He loses on credibility. Yawn. What else. Next story

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Aug 21, 2018, 6:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 7:04 PM

Paul Finebaum? Who really cares about his bias opinions? I mean really...

Isn't it about time for him to get on his spaceship and

Aug 21, 2018, 8:37 PM

go haunt a different galaxy.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:23 PM

The most generic prediction I've ever seen. Why doesn't ESPN just fire this tool and hire a five year old who's watched one college football game in his life to replace him, they'd get the same results.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic