Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,916

TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date

May 4, 2020, 8:21 PM

No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date

The nation’s top-rated all-purpose back has set his decision in a recruiting battle between Clemson and Notre Dame says he will make his call Tuesday afternoon. Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date

May 4, 2020, 8:28 PM

That's great. Makes tomorrow interesting.

May 4, 2020, 8:31 PM

It makes tomorrow a good day that’s for sure. When we get his commitment we can talk about football again instead of pointless covid topics.

May 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

That sure would be nice!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2020, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date ]

Yes it will, and if Shipley commits to Clemson, I think that he will sail his talents for playing time by mid season of his true freshman season. The kid is talented, and he is a true dual threat RB with really good hands coming out of the back field, and that is like an extra receiver out of the back field that defenses can't afford to take their eyes off of at all times. Shipley is also a stocky looking young man that will get bigger and stronger with a college weight room that will help him to become a very favorable blocker for the way that we will use our QB in the run game. I can see him blocking for DJ Uiagalelei right now!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date ]

Lol, makes today stressful.
Go Tigers and may things work for the best, whichever route he chooses for the next 4 years.
Personally, I don't feel to good about his decision. Just my gut....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He

May 4, 2020, 8:55 PM

Tiger.

His video is like a rewind

May 4, 2020, 9:02 PM

Of Ken Callicut against the Tar Heels in '74. Around...over...and through them!

Shipley can fly!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His video is like a rewind

May 4, 2020, 9:11 PM

Was discussing Ken last night. Nice back at CU and for several years in the pros

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also want

May 4, 2020, 9:16 PM

the left side of that OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 10:11 PM

He and Phil are friends and will be an incredible thunder and lightning! Both of their video highlights are incredible. We look to be talented for the foreseeable future!

Ps. No to pandemics

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 4, 2020, 11:03 PM

Is their offensive line coach open to interviews ? That kid is getting to the second level untouched throughout that film .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 5, 2020, 1:42 AM

I think that is bc the ball is in his hands really quick, and he is able to hit the gap before he is spotted coming through. I've always said that I hate the way we hand the ball off to our RBs, it takes to much time with the QB holding on to it, and the gaps are closed up before our RB has the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're seriously complaining about the way we hand the ball off?

May 5, 2020, 1:50 AM

How many championships have we won handing tge ball off that way?

May 5, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: No. 1-rated all-purpose back sets commitment date ]

There’s a reason we hand the ball off that way. It’s not just because Trevor or DW4 are slow at it. The blocking schemes we use take time and have to develop before the backs can hit the hole. We often pull guards and that takes time. Heck I’ve seen us pull the center, which is rare.

Also it takes time for some read plays to develop because Trevor has to find his read and make a decision. We run a ton of zone read.

Oh, man! Will the #9 continue shining?

May 5, 2020, 12:29 AM

or does it get retired when Etienne leaves?

We're gonna run out of numbers! :P

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If 28 got retired, 9 gets retired.

May 5, 2020, 1:24 PM

They are bar none the two best running backs our university has ever seen. If you hold a whole bunch of all-time ACC rushing records, your jersey goes up on the wall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2020, 6:17 AM

Hope there's cause for celebration this afternoon, Shipley is a dangerous tool! Choose wisely, Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,916
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic