Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson

Nov 9, 2020, 8:01 AM

ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson

No. 1 Clemson was knocked off 47-44 by No. 4 Notre Dame in double overtime on Saturday night. After the final play, the Notre Dame fans stormed the field after Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in all, you're just Another Brick in the Wall...

Nov 9, 2020, 8:04 AM

But, they obviously DO need an education!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson

Nov 9, 2020, 8:26 AM

I would imagine you will probably see some lawsuits if there is a student who leaves before being tested and then is told they will not pass the semester because of this. I've seen many less valid lawsuits, I would do it just to make Notre Dame spend the money to defend it. I'm sure some parents of these students are lawyers.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:29 AM

Exactly! So far to the best of my knowledge every lawsuit that has been filed against Democrats, be at a mayor or governor, that has tried to impose their will on the people by way of executive actions and other forced actions by way of lockdowns because of Covid have all been found to be unconstitutional! These blue states and large blue cities have lost every case in the courts.

Just another sign of how any institution run by liberals be it blue cities blue states or academia is moving closer and closer to communism! Dictatorships and totalitarianism!

Nov 9, 2020, 8:36 AM

COVID 19 is a very smart virus. It knows if you’re less than 6 ft. away, it knows when you’re not wearing a mask if you’re eating or drinking. It is up to COVID 19 to determine if this was a mostly peaceful protest or just college students partying.

#covidknows

Nov 10, 2020, 5:40 AM

This is my favorite comment on here in a long time ... #covidknows ??

Good for the Irish students to enjoy the celebration...

Nov 9, 2020, 8:37 AM

I doubt there would be much uproar if it was for Biden or "social justice"

Re: Good for the Irish students to enjoy the celebration...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:28 PM

Funny how coronavirus only seems to matter when someone is trying to disrupt culturally eight-wing things like running a business or going to a college football game or holding a Republican campaign rally. Yet coronavirus magically disappears for left-wing things like Criminal Lives Matter/Antifa riots.

It's almost like the whole coronavirus panic is a giant scam perpetrated by left-wingers as a means to frighten dumb people into disrupting right-wing institutions.

You cant ignore the seriousness of it...

Nov 9, 2020, 8:50 PM

and it can impact so many very quick, but it has been used as a political tool by the left at the perfect time.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:38 AM

seriously, they need to act like they have been there before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 9:08 AM

Well it has been since the early 90's since they had a big win. Legends in their own minds.

Re: acting like they've been there before

Nov 9, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

Even if they haven't?

Nov 9, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

They have been there before, but not in a long, long time. :)

Same kids who had a meltdown over the Barrett event

Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 AM

I totally get storming the field. But this is a great microcosm of how politicized COVID has become.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/notre-dame-president-covid.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:44 AM

I pray that there were no people with COVID in the crowd and wonder if the scene and rolls were reversed would it have been any different at Clemson? There is no amount of security that could have that stopped the mass storm of people.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:34 AM

17,000 in a 80,000 seat football stadium is not really a mass storm of people.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:43 AM

when they're all gathered at one end zone and coming at 5 security guards yes it's a mass storm of people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

They should have been proactive in the 4th when it was clear the fans had given up on social distance seating.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:05 PM

I noticed that as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

I disagree. Security people with a few doggies around the field would have easily scared off the students.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:49 AM

Who could blame them!
I'm sure Tiger fans would have done the same. Defeat the best team in the country, double OT in a shootout at home. Come on man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:52 AM

Exactly, great win for them.

I don't really blame them either but

Nov 9, 2020, 9:24 AM

it is somewhat hypocritical that I have to wear hazmat gear to buy a scented candle at Abbie's
card shop where I'm the only person in the store, because if I don't wear a mask I am murdering
grandpa. But it's ok if I'm celebrating a game, protesting, or dancing in the streets. Then I guess it's more like manslaugter or negligent homicide if grampa gets the covid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't really blame them either but

Nov 9, 2020, 12:30 PM

WhY dO yOu HaTe OlD pEoPlE?!?!?!?!?!

I don't.

Nov 9, 2020, 4:24 PM

I'm older than dirt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

Great win, but dumb reaction. If any of their players or coaches get sick, it may cost them.

I agree but it couldn't happen at Clemson

Nov 9, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ND students sent letter after rushing field after win over Clemson ]

The students are all in the upper deck!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This HAS GOT to stop!

Nov 9, 2020, 9:27 AM

This is the United States of American for Gods sake, not Nazi Germany or some communist hell hole!!!!!! Now we are blackballing people over MANDATORY virus screenings, refusing to let people gather and be with one another, threatening college students over utterly asinine mandates?!?!?. What the hell is going on!?!?? Oh and its about to get a whole lot worse if this sham of an election doesnt get over turned. Un-freaking-believable.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:29 AM

It's the administrations on #### fault. SEC schools don't have that problem. They flood the perimeter of the field with security personnel at the end of games.Should have announced this over the PA before end of game. Even Kelly knew it was going to happen.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:36 AM

I don’t like how this is setting up (other than the constitutional implications of detaining people against their will with the threat of monetary penalties) if any of the thousands of students test positive, the ACC will then tell Clemson the entire team is quarantined since there is no way of telling who came in to close contact with the infected in that mob. Tigers get one more game after not being able to practice for 2 weeks and miss the ACC Championship game and playoffs.

Nov 9, 2020, 10:00 AM

I'd imagine the same logic would apply to Notre Dame (if not more so) since the "students" were celebrating with them as the Tigers left the field. Imagine the uproar over that...

FWIW - I've looked at the Science on COVID and don't agree with the Political Reaction to it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missing from the letter . . . . .

Nov 9, 2020, 9:48 AM

. . . . . . why not let them know they just lost the privilege of going to future games?

If you can't behave, you're on restriction.

man I hate authoritarians.***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't look to me like NDU was practicing any distancing

Nov 9, 2020, 11:28 AM

The stadium wasn't full, but it didn't look like they made much of an attempt to keep people separated in the stands, like we do in Death Valley. I think the ND Administration has to take a lot of the blame for whatever happened after the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And no fines to Notre Dame...

Nov 9, 2020, 11:41 AM

Had Clemson fans, NC State fans, FSU fans, ... stormed the field this season, the ACC would impose fines so fast to these universities for breaking the COVID protocols. When it is our newest, short-term, please pretty please join our conference forever member, the ACC doesn't impose a fine. Instead their students get a letter. Our band and cheerleaders CANNOT EVEN BE ON THE FIELD FOR COLLEGE GAMEDAY 11 HOURS BEFORE KICKOFF! Yet, hundreds of Notre Dame students can run amok with our players without masks on. This could jeopardize our players as well as Notre Dame players for the next three weeks and the outcome of our games!

I don't want Notre Dame in our conference if this is going to be the preferential treatment they get year in and year out.

Re: And no fines to Notre Dame...

Nov 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

Friend, the ACC powers-that-be will screw Clemson to the wall for eternity if it means getting a taste of that sweet, sweet ND tv money. Especially after all the basketball schools got BTFOed by Kung Flu earlier this year.

If the ACC continues to screw Clemson and help ND, Clemson needs to go independent. Being in a conference does not benefit Clemson in any way. Let the Papists share their tv money with Georgia Tech while we keep 100% of our revenues.

Now What?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:05 PM

Not only did they got victory, now they got COVID-19!!!!!!!!! Should have stayed in their seats or go home! Now take a win and a Covid-19 test, stupid fans!!!!!!!!! Maybe too sick to attend any other games!!!!! They will now get their deserved victory reward! GO TIGERS!!!!! Still we will rise!!!!!!

Re: Now What?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:18 PM

Sir, your unparalleled abuse of the exclamation point is far more troubling than fans of a football team flooding the field after a big win.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:34 PM

Did everyone miss the ultimate irony here?
My recollection of the first ND game is that the Athletic Director or Coach or maybe even President (of ND) wrote a letter to Clemson stating that the Clemson fans MUST BE kept off of the field. They had heard that Clemson fans "stormed the field" and thought it was during a game. I also recall that there was language in that letter that led to the longstanding tradition of wearing coveralls to games.
Now, 43 years later it is their fans 'storming the field' causing issues both real and perceived... isn't that ironic?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:47 PM

Any act that is culturally right-wing (like storming a college football field after a big win, going to church, running a business, etc.) must be put down. Any act that is culturally left-wing (like Criminal Lives Matter riots, endless gays and other degenerates on tv, etc.) must be promoted. The reasons don't have to be consistent or even logical. That's how the Long March works.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:47 PM

They acted just like kids that just won their first game, with throwing all caution to the wind. I just wonder how many will get sick or die bc of their uncontrollable blunder!!!!

And yes, our fans have rushed the field for a very long time, and it would be easy for our fans to do it just out of habit, but they haven't, and that shows that Clemson fans can and do control their emotions like responsable adults usually do when it's necessary!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 1:51 PM

"They acted just like kids that just won their first game, with throwing all caution to the wind. I just wonder how many will get sick or die bc of their uncontrollable blunder!!!!"

The smart money says exactly zero will get seriously ill or die.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic