Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: NCAA Council tables proposals for transfers and name, image, likeness benefits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: NCAA Council tables proposals for transfers and name, image, likeness benefits

Jan 11, 2021, 7:21 PM

NCAA Council tables proposals for transfers and name, image, likeness benefits

Two of the more seismic proposals for major college athletics may just be on hold, for now. The NCAA's Division I Council announced Monday evening that the grou Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: NCAA Council tables proposals for transfers and name, image, likeness benefits

Jan 11, 2021, 7:50 PM

Korey Foreman ain't gonna like that.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: NCAA Council tables proposals for transfers and name, image, likeness benefits

Jan 11, 2021, 8:40 PM

Who cares about what a person says when his word isn't worth a fake dime, I don't for sure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 8:36 AM

Do you feel the same about Nathaniel Wiggins?

Jan 12, 2021, 6:43 AM

I’m not real concerned about the name, image and likeness benefits. They are coming - just need to figure out in what form. I also don’t think that is a bad thing at all. The ability to transfer and play immediately does concern me. There would be no commitment at all. Imagine if every time a player gets put in the love shack and gets a little upset if he had the ability to transfer and play right away. I really think that gets out of control quickly. We watched the Safety movie about Ray Ray McElrathby recently and it makes me think - what if Ray Ray would have had the ability to transfer to Ga Tech and play immediately??? That would probably rewrite the ending of that movie....

Jan 12, 2021, 8:33 AM

Yes, I agree if the rule is that a player can transfer and play immediately this will lead to more seedy perpetual recruiting. It would seem that that rule can be avoided. Many jobs require a contract with noncompete clauses with some of them loose and some fairly punitive.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 8:40 AM

This name likeness and image delay will probably end up in court because the subject is money. The NCAA has had plenty of time to set up guidelines and all they did was punt. If Trevor had another year of Clemson football to play, He could have made money hand over fist. DJ5 will be in the same boat this year and the NCAA is trying to short change him. The only question will this come to a state or federal court first.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic