Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings

Jan 23, 2019, 2:29 PM

Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings

One Clemson signee saw a huge move up and a number of Tiger signees fell several spots in the final 247Sports 2019 rankings. Winder-Barrow (Ga.) defensive end L Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings

Jan 23, 2019, 2:34 PM

Great class. Lots of players with great coaching and development will be studs!

Jan 23, 2019, 2:57 PM

Hello! Our signing 2019 class is "outside the top forty?" What? How can this be? Surely this a mistake. We are not in the top effing forty? More info greatly appreciated.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:18 PM

Did you read the article or just scan it? We don't have a single recruit inside the top 40, but the last paragraph clearly states that our class overall is top 10 on all the recruiting sites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

The article is saying that no individual recruit ranked above 40 in individual ranking by 247sports. It appears we have signed 9 that individually fall between ranking 42 and 238 though, and the overall ranking for the entire class is currently 10th. Hope that helps.

Jan 23, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

Oh Lawt! "The Sky Is Falling"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here coot

Jan 23, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

31-0!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 2:39 PM

I'm sure there's a way to find this information, but I am way too busy to look. Just going off memory, I'm not sure we've had a top-five recruiting class according to the experts ever; if so, maybe once. Yet since 2012, we've been nearly unbeatable. Whether that's doing more with less, or "coaching up", or whatever you want to call it ... it's pretty special.

Imagine what we would do if we landed the #1 class? (Or would ESPN just declare Bama to have the best class regardless of actual stars?)

Jan 23, 2019, 2:45 PM

I'm not so sure that we do more with less.

I think our coaches are really good at finding talent that isn't necessarily noticed by recruiting services.

Even if the services know about them, they may not see what our coaches see.

Amari Rodgers is a great example of this. He wasn't close to being a 5 star recruit but I heard people say that he is a 5 star at the position that Clemson plans to play him.

Our coaches not only recruit players that are good at their position but recruit players who will be good at running our actual plays.

I hope that is the case with the 2019 class as well.

Amari was a high 4* top 150 recruit***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amari was a high 4* top 150 recruit***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:09 PM

According to Rivals he was in the 180s. He was their 30th ranked WR.

What was said about him, by a Clemson Rivals reporter, is that even though there may be 29 WRs with better measurables, there was not a better WR in the country for what Clemson wanted to do with him.

That is my point. Not all of the players are top ranked, and it's not that the recruiting sites don't see some talent, but they don't see the talent in the same way that our coaches do.

It's not like we are signing a ton of 2 and 3 stars and winning national championships.

We sign 4 stars who play like 5 stars also. We do occasionally sign Hunter Renfrow or Ryan Carter who has to develop, but we sign a ton of players who are ready to play now in the position and style that Clemson is looking for.

If that player chose somewhere else, then they may play like a 3 star instead of playing above their ranking like many of our players do.

Isaiah Simmons is another example. He was a 3 star safety but may be the best nickel/SAM in the country as a redshirt junior. Rivals did not rank him in that position and may have had him much higher if they knew where he would fit on the field.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

But, not in the top forty?? We cant't win with that. I thought with us landing Putnam, that put us in the top five. This has got to be a mistake.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:11 PM

Dude what in the #### are you talking about?

I know reading is hard, but you should try it. HTH***

Jan 23, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

Jan 23, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

Stop trolling you make yourself look more pathetic by the day

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 24, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

Your Ohio State did finish 3rd in the final rankings but lost Urban, Kane Patterson and several others. 3rd is the best they have been by far since their last National Championship.

Why do you pretend to be a Clemson fan? Does the 31-0 hurt so bad you want to bother us by pretending to be a coot at 42%?

Everyone knows and just plays along to give you bunches of TD’s.....

OSU plays in the easiest conference in all of college football ?? why do y’all believe you can compete with us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 23, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

I was given to understand that when we landed five-star OL Putnam, that put in the top five, recruiting-wise. I think that this latter internet BS is exactly that, but I'm about to go on the internet to check it out.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:08 PM

Excuse me. "Put us."

Jan 23, 2019, 8:28 PM

"US" as in gamecoots! Don't worry though, I am sure your 50th anniversary ACC Championship parade will be incredible!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

I think top 10 is about right for this class. Missed on a lot of prospects we led for at one point in time and took a lot of developmental projects with 5* bodies and athleticism however with 2* technique.

I think 8-10 is right for this class with a high upside for potential development guys.

Jan 24, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

He’s an Ohio 31-0 State fan who trolls us like a stupid coot to get a reaction. They play in the easiest Conference period!! ????

The only two games they have played anybody they lose(Oklahoma whips them in two game series) and they always lose to an easy conference opponent.

It’s crazy Harry Miller chose to stay there after all the scandals and coverups this year!

Let’s Go Tigers!

Our highest ranking was #2***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Movement for Clemson 2019 class in final 247 rankings ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the tenth ranked class and a national championship

for $100 Alex...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: I'll take the tenth ranked class and a national championship

Jan 23, 2019, 4:48 PM

Amen!!!!!!! Even if Clemson only has a #8 or #9 recruiting class, the coaches do a much better job than most in developing the players. The 3s become 4s and the 4s become 5s after they've gone through all the training, learning, practicing, weight room stuff, etc. Also, Clemson players are very mature in other ways. Dabo and company always look for people first.

Pretty sure our average ranking for the 5 years preceding

Jan 23, 2019, 8:13 PM

the 2016 National Championship was 11 or 12. So, I agree, we're doing just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

We will end up it looks like around 9 to 12 just like most every year. The difference is we have won it all twice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 3:30 PM

Depending on if Clemson signs Ealy. With Ealy probably 5-7 without 9-11

Jan 23, 2019, 4:11 PM

Ealy will never make it on campus, he will be on a minor league team some where until he get called up to an actual major league roster spot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 4:21 PM

All of these are subjective. Mitch Hyatt dropped after he committed. TL dropped to No 2 behind Fields. Those 2 just won a NC and had no sacks, no ints against a field full of Bama 5 state.

I could argue that signing the No 6 and No 9 WRs give you an advantage over the No 1 WR. May take 3 DBs to cover 6 and 9 (like Highins and Ross) where 1DB(like McK Alexander) could cover the 1. Did Bama to have a top 5/40 WR?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL was never #2, except by Espin. Every other service he was

Jan 23, 2019, 7:59 PM

#1 and the consensus #1. That was proved out on the field this year!

Re: TL was never #2, except by Espin. Every other service he was

Jan 23, 2019, 10:01 PM

Umm, consensus means by all services. Just sayin’. I agree with you, though. He was the number one until the moment he committed to us. Once ESPN dropped him to two, he was no longer the consensus. Which is exactly what has happened here. It’s perception. They have committed to us, not a blue blood, so they have dropped in status. It’s all throwing shade at Clemson. When we whip everyone’s tail with less, they will continue to marvel at the job Dabo & co have done here.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 4:46 PM

All these recruiting rankings are great and I certainly follow them with a great deal of interest. I am also guilty of clicking on any post that mentions a five star by name, and I follow a five star's recruiting process with much greater interest compared to that of a three star recruit.

But the fact of the matter is that the coaches (Dabo, Venables et al.) are two steps ahead of the rankings since THEY recruit based on the POTENTIAL of the player, both in terms of physical attributes and character, instead of what the player can do today. Most of the time they are right which is why we have never signed a top three class in the last five years but still have TWO national championships which included a drubbing of Alabama which brings in the number one rated class almost every year.

Yes, we have missed out on a few five stars that we were actively recruiting, but we have still managed to recruit and DEVELOP players with potential.

So I will reiterate what many others have said on TNET - Trust Dabo and company!

Jan 23, 2019, 5:01 PM

Have these " experts " even watched film ? I don't want to be cootish here but Tyler Davis and Bryton Constantin are studs . Both are or should be rated in the top 10 at their respective positions .
247 has a reason why they rate these kids the way they do , but it is unclear to me and also unfathomable .

DB23

Jan 23, 2019, 9:09 PM

Tyler Davis is too short to be ranked a top 10 DT. That is what held him back. There’s also a lot of good LB’s. Doesn’t mean Constantin isn’t a good player, but I’m also pretty sure you haven’t watched the full tapes of the other LB’s ranked ahead of him.

At this point in the process when they’re already signed, wouldn’t you almost rather have them fall a little bit and hopefully give them a little chip on their shoulder to grind through the summer workouts just that much harder?

Jan 23, 2019, 5:43 PM

Ugh. We are cycling out again. We are doomed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 6:37 PM

It would be interesting to see what the movement of Alabama's and Georgia's recruits were? I would assume upward mobility for most of them. Bias still reigns supreme.

Jan 23, 2019, 8:52 PM

That’s exactly what I was thinking too. How many other teams dropped or gained etc. just seems so arbitrary that someone takes a 40 or 50 spot drop when they’re not even playing anywhere. Maybe it takes that long after hs season ends but what’s the criteria for moving someone up or down in January?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 9:12 PM

Many factors. A lot of kids are just recently getting out senior film, many of them have competed at all star events where they had further evaluation against tougher competition. Another piece of it is trying to generate some interest for the upcoming signing day especially since this one has been largely replaced with the early signing day being more impactful.

Laughable, Booth will be a star.

Jan 23, 2019, 7:10 PM

Ladson an Ngata are the next WRU duo. Rankings are pointless.

Jan 23, 2019, 9:00 PM

Meant to add that I’ll take a Walker Parks any day over some 5* that feels entitled and becomes toxic to the lockeroom. To quote Walker-OL commit from Kentucky:

“Can’t wait to get on campus and be apart of such an amazing place...”

“I can sleep at night knowing I’m going to a good program who cares about me, and that’s all I care about,” stated the four-star prospect.

Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney traveled to Frederick Douglass High School in Lexington, Ky., last week to check in on Parks during the contact period.

“I thought that was the coolest thing ever,” Parks said of getting the visit from Swinney. “I walked out of class to see Dabo Swinney standing in the hallway talking to my coach… It kind of felt unreal. I will for sure remember that the rest of my life.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like major hatorade to try to..

Jan 23, 2019, 9:52 PM

..discredit & slow the Tiger train! Haters gonna hate! Throw that shade!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like major hatorade to try to..

Jan 24, 2019, 1:04 PM

Considering our dominance over Ohio State I’m surprised Dggcannon still comes here, it should remind him of the end of Woody Hayes, 31-0 playoff loss and the Big loss to us two years before that. We are the little school from the south the Ohio fans love to visit, move to and try to take over while still hoping the best of what they had in Ohio will still be good enough here but it will never be that good.

Why not just join us instead of trying to break down what you can’t beat!

Let’s Go Tigers!

0 for 3 and growing...***

Jan 25, 2019, 8:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 1:37 AM

Lost in all of this is Logan Cash is finally getting some love. I think he's going to be one of the best in this class and I see him playing in the 2 deep this year. Might be at DT or DE idk yet.

null

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic