Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final

Aug 24, 2019, 4:15 PM

Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final

College Football is back with Miami against Florida tonight. During ESPN GameDay in Orlando Florida, college football analyst Lee Corso had a projection of Utah Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final

Aug 24, 2019, 4:24 PM

He must have read my recent prediction that the winner of Washington/Utah would make the CFP this year, and one of them would be undefeated. I think it might be Utah too, but we have to wait on that game before knowing.

But - Utah will NOT beat CLEMSON, so he still doesn't know all the answers yet. :)

Aug 24, 2019, 8:57 PM

His senility is showing even more this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re Thinking About Insect Repellant

Aug 24, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final ]

Playoffs are not on our minds

Aug 25, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final ]

I have BYU covering +4.5 at home for the Utes first game. Probably a loser but you never know. BYU can be very cheeky at home when they want to. Not out of the realm of possibility the Utes are 0-1 after first week.

Aug 24, 2019, 4:26 PM

Bless his heart.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:02 PM

And her heart

Aug 26, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Lee Corso predicts Utah over Clemson in CFB playoff semi-final ]

This I kinds feel sorry for him. He hasn't been the same after his stroke a couple of years ago, IMO. He must have had a bodacious contract for them to let him hang around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way on earth this happens. The recruiting gap

Aug 24, 2019, 4:36 PM

Is huge between Utah and any team in the top 10. Utah averages in the 30s to 40s nationally in recruiting ranks depending on source over past 5 years. To say this is a terrible pick is an understatement. Show me a program that’s competed in a national championship with that kind of recruiting. I’m hoping he did this as an inside joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way on earth this happens. The recruiting gap

Aug 24, 2019, 4:50 PM

Utah has done well recruiting lineman in recent years which means they have probably done better than the rankings indicate. That being said, they probably won't make the CFP and they aren't beating Clemson.

2 things:

Aug 24, 2019, 4:42 PM

Utah in NOT going to the playoff and I doubt we will lose in the playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come again?

Aug 24, 2019, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corso needs to be put-out to pasture...

Aug 24, 2019, 5:02 PM

and replaced with someone who is not an $EC homer and who hasn't lost his d@mn mind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not so fast my friend. I wouldn’t call Corso an SEC homer

Aug 24, 2019, 9:25 PM

He graduated from FSU and was HC at Indiana. He used to be very entertaining. I don’t think he believes, or takes much of anything he says seriously. He will be hard to replace. It’s sad to see him in his current state - circle of life can be vicious

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Corso needs to be put-out to pasture...

Aug 27, 2019, 1:53 AM [ in reply to Corso needs to be put-out to pasture... ]

I've heard Corso described in many different ways, but I've honestly never heard anyone call him and SEC homer before.

All I can say to that is...

Aug 24, 2019, 5:26 PM

LOLROTFLMMFAOLOLLMAOLMFAOROTFLLOLOLLMMFAO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: All I can say to that is...

Aug 24, 2019, 5:42 PM

Corso has had one stroke too many!

Re: All I can say to that is...

Aug 25, 2019, 9:09 PM

That’s very uncalled for.

Aug 24, 2019, 5:37 PM

I can’t believe he hasn’t been replaced yet. ESPN must be worried about a lawsuit if they can his a$$. Deranged.

Finebaum would like to know what the hell is going on here

Aug 24, 2019, 6:10 PM

"Pissing off Clemson fans is my job. Who does this guy think he is???"

Aug 24, 2019, 6:25 PM

I think that's great! Wrong, but great.

When else is Utah going to get mentioned in the playoff picture and what could matter less than preseason rankings?

Hint: the answer is preseason All Americans... at least starting off high in the rankings keeps you from getting shut out when it matters.

I'm sure it made the Utes summer. Let them have their moment in the sun and we'll earn ours after things get hard...like champions always do.

Aug 24, 2019, 6:28 PM

Who?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 6:29 PM

College Football is back with Miami against Florida tonight. During ESPN GameDay in Orlando Florida, college football analyst Lee Corso had a projection of Utah Read Update »

Our third string wouldn’t lose to the Utes?? Love what lee has done for college football. He made the entire realize just how wonderful football down south is. At this point it’s espn is acting like a selfish dog owner. We understand you love him, but there comes a time when the right thing to do, is to put him down. Rather than watch a man stutter and stammer as he forgets his name or what he was discussing or just shout out random thoughts ESPN should send him out with his dignity in check. Utah is a cute story, if that’s all Corso has to add, then he’s obviously adding nothing at all.

Corso doesn't bother me. I like when he picks against us.***

Aug 24, 2019, 6:34 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 24, 2019, 6:47 PM

Well you know what they say... Different strokes for different folks...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT CORSO

Aug 24, 2019, 6:55 PM

Lee Corso sheds a tear or two for being thankful about being given the opportunity to continue his job after his stroke that he suffered years ago as he thanked the fans who stood by him during that trying time. Lee celebrates 20 years of the headgear pick on College Gameday today which was a tradition that started in Columbus on Saturday October 5, 1996 for the Ohio State Buckeyes at that time.

https://youtu.be/GT2eIngZvsM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Gotta give ol' Corso credit for 1 thing

Aug 24, 2019, 7:26 PM

He knows how to get our fanbase fired up to cheer our boys on to prove the naysayers wrong.

He, among some certain others, are the reason Dabo is still able to play the underdog, "little ol' Clemson" card despite what we've done under his tenure.

Aug 24, 2019, 7:31 PM

You can really tell that Alx Alzheimer's is creeping in on old Lee!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 7:55 PM

That's a nasty fall for a guy that age. Hope he didn't break a rib***

Aug 25, 2019, 6:32 PM

Aug 24, 2019, 8:04 PM

I don't care what he thinks. I will leave it at that.

Aug 24, 2019, 8:14 PM

It will be a very good season for Utah if they end up top 20.

Aug 24, 2019, 8:52 PM

He also had no idea what. Headgear he put on

That'll happen right after Bentley wins the Heisman.***

Aug 24, 2019, 8:58 PM

Clickbait***

Aug 24, 2019, 9:06 PM

Utah probably loses to BYU on Thursday.***

Aug 24, 2019, 9:08 PM

That Level of Stupidity You Can't Even Blame on a Stroke

Aug 24, 2019, 11:05 PM

He's such a fool

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of this hated toward Corso over an opinion is quite alarming.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:50 PM

Making fun of him for having a stroke? Wanting him fired? I don't care if he's drooling and wearing diapers on the set, he deserves to go out on his terms. He's earned that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 7:25 AM

Utah? Lol. Okay. I am hope Trevor Lawrence and the boys can escape Utah and all of that talent and speed.

Aug 25, 2019, 7:31 AM

I apologize in advance for being blunt. I have one monumental request for the folks who run Tigernet. Will you please find someone to proofread every single article posted on your website? I love the content that Tigernet offers, but my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) makes reading that wonderful content more like a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

#GoTigers

Aug 25, 2019, 7:31 AM

I apologize in advance for being blunt. I have one monumental request for the folks who run Tigernet. Will you please find someone to proofread every single article posted on your website? I love the content that Tigernet offers, but my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) makes reading that wonderful content more like a trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

#GoTigers

Why not Utes over Bammer in the semis?

Aug 25, 2019, 7:59 AM

I mean, I’ve seen that before so I know it’s possible.

~JKB

Love the quote that "Word got out that Lee was high on the

Aug 25, 2019, 8:18 AM

Utes." He was sure high on SOMETHING!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson will join the PAC 12 shortly afterwards.

Aug 25, 2019, 8:51 AM

lol

Aug 25, 2019, 9:14 AM

For some years now, we have wanted Corso to NOT pick Clemson, since when he does it's often a sign of a jinx. I'm fine with him and anyone who picks us to lose. Either we win and prove them wrong, or we lose and deserved it. It's much better to prove them wrong when they pick you to lose, then to prove them wrong when they pick you to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2019, 11:22 AM

Is this not the same Lee Corso who predicted Alabama over the TIGERS in last years nattie?!?!?!

LOL

Aug 25, 2019, 12:52 PM

That's funny.

Did corso have a brain tumor for breakfast?

Aug 25, 2019, 1:09 PM

He obviously hasn’t been paying attention.
GO TIGERS!

Aug 25, 2019, 3:08 PM

Corso is a bit of a clown who will basically say or do anything for attention...no one really takes him seriously. He will conveniently forget this absurdity in January.

Aug 25, 2019, 3:08 PM

Corso is a bit of a clown who will basically say or do anything for attention...no one really takes him seriously. He will conveniently forget this absurdity in January.

Aug 25, 2019, 8:46 PM

Utah looks to be tough this year, but BYU is as well, and I gotta feeling the Cougars will finally beat them this year after some close games recently...both teams have good experience & key players coming back...

It's amazing how much things change

Aug 27, 2019, 1:51 AM

There was a time not that many years ago when it would bother me at least a little bit when analysts and pundits would pick against us. Especially at the tail end of TB's tenure and the first few years of Dabo when people like Heather Dinnich would put us on upset alert at least 3 or 4 times a year. It felt like we were being disrespected and that many pundits did not appear to recognize the potential and capability of the team.

Fast forward to 2019, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest to see someone pick against Clemson. It's quite clear where we belong after last year's all-time great team and the drubbing we gave to the only other two undefeated teams in the playoff by 27 and 28 points combined with the recent run of 4 straight playoff appearances. The only remotely possible alternative argument not to have Clemson as the nation's premier program would be for someone to put Clemson 1A and Bama 1B. With another championship this year even the SEC homers that are still clinging to that argument will have to put it to rest.

Because of our current status on top of the sport, I am confident that any observer outside of those aforementioned SEC homers is well aware of what we can do and where we belong. The only logical explanation for anyone to pick against Clemson is simply to be able to draw clicks/views. It's like when Skip Bayless and Stephen A would argue about something that wasn't even debatable but one of them would always take a ridiculous stance just for the sake of TV.

Lee Corso has never been quite as astute since he had his stroke a few years back, and his age has clearly caught up to him. Even still, the man has forgotten more football than most of us know and I always felt like a lot of his picks were playing to the audience just as much as they were based on any analysis. This is simply another example of the same. Corso knows good and well that we will win our semifinal again and then go on to beat either Bama, UGA, OU or Ohio State for our third championship in 4 years.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic