Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings, Clemson ranked No. 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings, Clemson ranked No. 1

Oct 25, 2020, 12:46 PM

Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings, Clemson ranked No. 1

ESPN commentator Kirk Herbstreit released his top six rankings on Sunday with Clemson on top, followed by Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings, Clemson ranked No. 1

Oct 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

This made me cry (with laughter) at Georgia still being in there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 2:48 PM

I agree, and that is bc there are a lot of teams deserving the 3 and 4 spots over either OSU and UGA. They may not keep those spots, but until they lose, they deserve those spots more that a team that has only played one game, and over a UGA that has lost by 3 scores to the #2 team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 2:44 PM

IMPO, having UGA and OSU in the top 4 at this point in the season with UGA already with a 3 Score loss to #2 Bama, and OSU playing only one game against a very poor Nebraska team proves predispose favoritism, and utter biases talked up and placed on an island until they have been literally beaten off the media's virtual island of biases and favoritism!!!

My issue with the sports media biases and favoritism is this, since 2012-2019 Clemson has 12 losses, and in the same years Bama has 11 losses. Since 2015, Clemson has won 2 NCG's, Bama has won 2 NCG's. Since 2015 Clemson has played in 5 playoff games, and since 2015 bama has played in 5 playoff games.

Clemson has one more loss than Bama since 2012, Bama and Clemson has played in the same number of playoff games since Clemson has become a top 5 team starting in 2015, and Clemson has won the same amount of NCG's since Clemson became a top 5 team, and no other team in College FB since 2015 can match the records that Clemson and Bama have put together since 2015, and this is why I have an issue with the sports media. And that is why they refuse to talk about Clemson in the same sentence the way the do with Bama and OSU, when the facts are, Clemson and Bama has been by a lot the best two teams in college FB, and it seriously chaps my A$$ that OSU always gets the benefits over Clemson when Clemson has been the much better team, and we are 4-0 against OSU since 1978!!! So why is it so hard for the Sports media to add Clemson in the same sentence with Bama and OSU???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 7:02 PM

Pretty well stated! My opinion, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit releases his top six rankings, Clemson ranked No. 1 ]

AllOrange, while I don’t disagree with much you said in regards to Our dominance, OSU has also only lost 10 games in that same window (have been left out of the playoff a couple of times, so played a couple less games). But also in fairness, when you look at their total program historically, and also their record not just the last few years, or in the 4 games against Clemson, but all the way back to the early 2000’s......how would ESPN or anyone for that matter not include them in the top 3 teams?

As much as ESPN over hypes the SEC, I feel that most Clemson fans underage OSU and the entire big ten for that matter. That’s all I’m saying.

The historic run Clemson has enjoyed the last 5-6 years in reality has erased a lot of pretty bad years. From my view, I’m happy that Clemson is now in that convo for top 3. I just don’t see the respect. Have you noticed the “1” in front of our name all year? Haha

Oct 25, 2020, 7:05 PM

Big surprise, his kid is on the team.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic