Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 116
| visibility 1

TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice

Sep 25, 2018, 7:58 PM

Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice

Senior quarterback Kelly Bryant did not practice for the second day in a row, a source confirmed to TigerNet. Bryant was told in meetings with the coaching staf Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not looking Good At...

Sep 25, 2018, 8:06 PM

Picking up your marbles and running away isn't always the best thing....I hope he is thinking this out and listening to good people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Not looking Good At...

Sep 25, 2018, 8:20 PM

We need Kelly even if he isn’t the #1 QB. If TL goes down we need Kelly Bryant. Hope he stays and gets more playing time to better his skills.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:31 PM

We need Kelly even if he isn’t the #1 QB. If TL goes down we need Kelly Bryant. Hope he stays and gets more playing time to better his skills.

What he said.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Not looking Good At... ]

I think he should see playing time at other positions. If all goes well we can redshirt him and put him in an another role but have him as an option, in case Something happens to QB1. I think he was given a bunch of options by the coaching staff to get to the Next level.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

Really are that d Ann dumb

I don't think he is doing that.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Not looking Good At... ]

He is a good Q.B. Losing his starting job and staying at Clemson would end any NFL hope. If he took the rest of the season off and worked on his passing game, he could play somewhere else next year and maybe get in the NFL in late rounds. I don't like the current College system that lets the players do this. Since the system is what it is, I can't blame K.B. if he plays it.
I admire Dabo for not starting him against Cuse and locking him in. It shows how much character Dabo truly has.

If Tajh Boyd couldn’t stick in the NFL, KB isn’t going to***

Sep 25, 2018, 9:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Tajh Boyd couldn’t stick in the NFL, KB isn’t going to***

Sep 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

N0,Bryant will never get drafted into the NFL as a quarterback. It's already been said that any team considering him would use him in some other capacity such as a wide receiver or special teams player. I'm getting sick of the drama but you know Clemson created it and now they have to deal with it. Look at Hunter Johnson. We brag about getting all these hi * position players but they can't all play. If the other man plays better than you do then he gets the starting job. If Kelly Bryant can't comprehend this, he is not as dedicated to Clemson at Dabo says he is.

Re: If Tajh Boyd couldn’t stick in the NFL, KB isn’t going to***

Sep 26, 2018, 2:55 PM

Toughest game thus far (Texas) and the would not have won with TL. Then you bench him against weak a$$ GT. I wouold leave too. Think Dano would stay if they moved him down to Offensive Coordinator?

KB has NFL talent...

Sep 25, 2018, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is doing that. ]

...but not at QB. He would have to change positions.

Re: KB has NFL talent...

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 AM

Exactly my thoughts. He's going to need to "Braxton Miller" his way into NFL. And he can start that process in ACC conference play with Clemson. I think I recall Scott or Elliott this summer making a remark that, even if TL16 beat out KB2, he would still see the field in some capacity. I think they have some schemes and packages to use him.

But missing a 2nd day is concerning and disappointing.....if a valid reason is not given by CDS.

Re: I don't think he is doing that.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is doing that. ]

He is a good Q.B. Losing his starting job and staying at Clemson would end any NFL hope. If he took the rest of the season off and worked on his passing game, he could play somewhere else next year and maybe get in the NFL in late rounds. I don't like the current College system that lets the players do this. Since the system is what it is, I can't blame K.B. if he plays it.
I admire Dabo for not starting him against Cuse and locking him in. It shows how much character Dabo truly has.

How can you not like a rule that looks out for the student athlete? If a kid has his degree and moves on for his best interests then more power to him. KB is a class act.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:23 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is doing that. ]

NFL??? KB...as a QB? No way you're serious.

Sep 25, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to I don't think he is doing that. ]

Why didn't he do that after the Bama game when it was clear as a bright day that, if he didn't improve his passing, he will not have a future at the next level. He had the chance to improve his passing game the entire summer and fall practice. He either thought that he would just wake up one morning and he would be an elite passing QB, Or, for some reason he felt that the NFL had a need for a running QB with a 50-50 short passing game. But most of all, he must have tuned out all the talk about what an elite talented TL was, and he never went to youtube just to see for himself how good TL really was by looking at a couple of his HS games. I don't know why, nor do any of Tiger Nation knows why he didn't work work every awaken minute during the off season summer months to get his passing game up to par at the college level. T-Netter didn't stop him, and I don't think that Dabo or any other coach stopped KB from working his but off all summer to improve his passing strength and accuracy. I'm thinking that he must have taken a long break during the summer and went home for awhile. I remember that Tajh Boyd always stayed at Clemson during the summer to work on his passing game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or

Sep 26, 2018, 2:31 AM

He could have worked all summer on his passing game and trying to improve, which is much more likely than he was sitting on his couch at home with his fingers in his ears, but the fact is he has reached his ceiling as a QB and no matter how much time he puts in he’s just not going to improve.

Re: He needs to stay, even if he wants to transfer

Sep 26, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Not looking Good At... ]

He should talk to Dabo, agree to be the emergency QB, and finish out the year. He can transfer next year (Arkansas?), and play somewhere else if he really thinks that will get him an NFL job.

I would think that, if nothing else, he would want his degree.

IF TL gets hurt, god forbid, we would need him, and he could show that he can finish as a champion.

If he decides to leave now. We play on with TL & Chase. As Dabo has stated, "We can win with all 3 of our QB's"

Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice

Sep 25, 2018, 8:16 PM

Well, he didn’t show up last year in the CFP play in game so he’s kind of use to this. Clemson’s not making the same mistake they did Watson’s first year. Trevor should have played the entire Texas A/M game and it wouldn’t even have been a close game. Bama showed us that.

You’re an idiot and probably a coot***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re an idiot and probably a coot***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

He's just saying what most of us are thinking.

Speak for yourself

Sep 25, 2018, 9:13 PM

If you want to say O'line didn't show up and block and RB's didn't show up and block, I'll listen to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: You’re an idiot and probably a coot*** ]

Not most of us. 78 with another handle

Sep 26, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: You’re an idiot and probably a coot*** ]

Not sure what game you watched but without KB Clemson would have lost AM game

Sep 25, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

What are you even talking about ? Without KB last year we're not in the playoff .
You bump your head ?

DB23

I smell chicken....***

Sep 25, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where we you when we needed a wiffle ball

Sep 25, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Sub?

Sep 25, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

I never post on here just read some of the dumb stuff people come up with Clemson never would have beat A&M without Bryant or Wallace. Yes I agree Bryant holds the ball and tucks to quickly, but this young man will play his guts out. It is easy to make your coaching opinion from the recliner but your not looking thru the facemask it is a lot different probably most of y'all never stepped on a field before. Bryant has been pressured steady it's like if he goes out there and makes 1 mistake he is gonna get yanked and lose his starting position. I think if he would have had some more reps everything would have been ok. Just look at Clemson defense first 2 series at GT didn't see them getting yanked they just settled in and played ball.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

You tell’em coot

Sep 25, 2018, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

You’re a piece of trash HTH

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Huh? That's dumb. Cooter?***

Sep 26, 2018, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Sep 26, 2018, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Disappointed in the fact that he's not thinking about Clemson. He has very important part in this team and will play.

Nice pulse, bro.***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team

Sep 25, 2018, 8:19 PM

Kelly will be back to help the team because that’s who he is. He’s not a quitter no matter what, I’m sure it’s tough when you give it your all and still get beat but he will get back up and fight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team

Sep 25, 2018, 8:21 PM

I hope you’re right. He’s got a lot on his mind right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

Agree, love this kids attitude and hope he decides to stay a tiger.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

I certainly hope he gets back. He must know how much we need him. He's an important leader for the team.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

I give Kelly a ton of respect for keeping his head up in a tough situation. If he walks he will lose every bit of it.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:51 PM

I have loved this kid and what he’s done for this program post-DW4, BUT this is not at all how a leader acts. Misses two practices?!!!
Maybe he needs to find his safe space...
This is not a good example he is setting for others, it has become the trend amongst our youth when adversity hits us, and he will regret it for the rest of his life.
He should have never ever missed practice! Poor example to set for those teammates who looked up to him. Just bad every which way.
Even if he comes back, he’s lost a little from my stand point. I’ll be asking, Can he be trusted?
Having said that, I truly hope he gets his butt back to practice or, like I said, he will regret it for the rest of his life...

Sep 25, 2018, 9:31 PM

Or perhaps he's taking some time to himself to decide if he'll redshirt and transfer somewhere else next season. That's one of the biggest decisions he's had to make up to this point in his life, but go right ahead and feel however you wish.

Softy***

Sep 25, 2018, 10:36 PM

Sep 26, 2018, 5:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

And it was his birthday, so maybe he got a little drunk as a lot of college kids do to blow off some steam!!! Or maybe he took the time to go home and talk to family? I think he can play NFL level football because he is tremendous athlete but just not at QB. I hope he shows up today and gets busy! He is a good guy!

Sep 25, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

The kid got fired on his birthday. I'm sure he was approved today off too.

Wow even softier***

Sep 25, 2018, 10:37 PM

Sep 25, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly will figure out what’s best for him and the team ]

How about we wait to get details before we pass judgment on the young man?

Not Surprised

Sep 25, 2018, 8:22 PM

Dabo should've started him against Syracuse. Then sat him for the rest of the year.

His attitude in the Spring Game told me all I needed to know.

KB is no Cole Stoudt.

Re: Not Surprised

Sep 25, 2018, 8:23 PM

My TigerPulse is gonna take a beating. I know. It's OK.

I really do wish this had ended differently.

Re: Not Surprised

Sep 25, 2018, 8:27 PM

Let's all hope it hasn't ended!

There has to be an agent involved here

Sep 25, 2018, 8:57 PM

Missing 2 practices smells like a rat. KB has obviously quit the team. He's trying to broker a deal for next year. And, no doubt about it, there is an agent in his ear telling him that if he goes to X next year, he'll get drafted.

Re: There has to be an agent involved here

Sep 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

Or he's taking some time to think about one of the biggest decisions he's ever had to make in his life...but yeah that would only be big if an agent were involved...

Re: There has to be an agent involved here

Sep 25, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to There has to be an agent involved here ]

seriously doubt there is an "agent" involved. but would not be surprised at all if his QB guru is.....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doesn’t work that way

Sep 25, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Not Surprised ]

and I hope your pulse doesn’t take a beating.

His play reminded me of Cam Newton... but so does his attitude

Sep 25, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Not Surprised ]

if this “quitting“ holds true. And yes, the spring game was a very alarming display. I’ve seen all I need to see.

And no, his arm strength was never comparable to Scam’s, but he has the size and the running ability.

I hope K.B. gets his mind right and comes back to rejoin this team. Sitting out and transferring somewhere else would do absolutely nothing for him.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:23 PM

Whatever KB decides, I've got great respect for him and wish him nothing but the best. It's not like he's some 5-star that showed up freshman year thinking something is owed to him. KB has paid his dues and been a great player. I hope he stays, but if he decides to go, I understand.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:31 PM

It's his birthday.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:39 PM

Did he take his birthday off the last 3 years?

Sep 25, 2018, 9:06 PM

was he told he lost his spot in the pecking order while at the top of it the day before his B-Day in the last 3 years??

Sep 25, 2018, 10:06 PM

Huh

Sep 25, 2018, 10:26 PM

I think there's a bit of a difference this birthday...he just found out yesterday. Last Birthday, he was still the starter, the one before that, he was still the 3rd string QB....the one before that, he was still the 3rd string QB...this one, he just was demoted the day prior.

Sweetheart***

Sep 25, 2018, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Sep 25, 2018, 8:35 PM

Well, well all of you that took cheap shots at me, maybe it's time for you to eat some crow now. We will probably sooner than later learn what really happened in the emotional meeting. I close with Dabo's words, "Nothing is given on this team you must earn it"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 8:50 PM

And this week, TL earned it. There is zero doubt about that. I like KB, but he needs to face this like a man. If he can't deal with this, then I wish him well, and thank him for his contributions. Life is a tough war, and sometimes you lose a battle. I hope KB doesn't make this the whole war.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 8:37 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 25, 2018, 8:45 PM

Not buying it. KB is a great young man and his blood runs orange. I truly respect the work he has put it. 16-2 What ! Not many can say they did that. I believe his time is not done. He is one play away from being needed and he knows it. He will be back tomorrow ! Thanks for all you have done and will do in the future as a Tiger !

Sep 25, 2018, 8:59 PM

I have heard it over and over “no lifetime contracts”. Hate it for this fine young man. Clemson has gotten to the point where studs can get benched. Like Herbie stayed, “embarrassment of riches”. We have a rock solid QB getting benched, Someone like Feaster fighting to even get Some playing time, and the third string QB could probably start at 80% of D1 schools, he won’t sniff the field unless folks leave. Bottom line: these days if you want to line up for the Tigers you had better Bring your freakin A game on a daily, and even then you may still be waiting in line.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:24 AM

If Kelly leaves that mean we are one play away from Hunter Johnson starting. So we go from a playoff qb to a 4 game in freshman to possibly a 3rd string qb and please reframe from the "Hunter Johnson can start for most D1 schools" the only problem there is Clemson isn't "most D1" schools. Hunter Johnson wouldn't start on any of the top 5 teams in the country so I believe if Kelly leaves this could turnout to be very tragic.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Agree with you LCJerk...

I hope he stays but I expect him to transfer

Sep 25, 2018, 8:49 PM

I was shocked to see so many on here think he'll stay on as the backup. He's just never struck me as a guy that would accept that. He's a solid QB that would start at a lot of places and he knows it. He's just not the best QB on our roster right now, but that doesn't take anything away from him. It's pretty common these days for players that get passed on the depth chart to take their talents elsewhere, especially at QB, it's just the time we live in.

Whatever he decides, I wish nothing but the best for KB. I've been as big a fan of his as anyone and know he'll have success.

I could see him transferring and dont blame him

Sep 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

For wanting to play his last year in full. But there are no guarantees wherever you go. He could start alot of places but he'd also sit the bench alot of places too. Hes a good leader and a solid QB but hes not a guy who will just win you games bc he's on the field.

If he does want to play another year I'd call Jeremy Pruitt....I guarantee he'll play at UT.

Re: I hope he stays but I expect him to transfer

Sep 25, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to I hope he stays but I expect him to transfer ]

I do think Dabo has to set an example for the rest of the team, too. KB wasn't the best QB last week, and maybe with a few different play calls, he may have been better, or maybe worse, in the other games. Who knows. I think he was a great contributor to our Team, but he isn't bigger than the program, and his team mates deserve the best guy to be "The Guy". Maybe next week, KB could be "The Guy", and things change with the depth chart, but right now, TL has earned it. If KB wants it back, let him earn it back. Otherwise, it's next man up, and I wish him well wherever he lands. Clemson FB is too big now to have to wait on one player, even a KB, and the other guys have worked too hard not to reach their potential. Remember, several of those guys returned to complete " some unfinished business".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 10:17 PM

Hear hear Dugatiger!

Sep 26, 2018, 7:58 AM

Thanks!

Can someone enlighten me as to what transferring would do for K.B.?

Sep 25, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to I hope he stays but I expect him to transfer ]

You really think letting him RUN the show at a smaller school with not even 1/4 of our WR talent would somehow get him drafted in the NFL as a QB?

?????

Orange colored glasses are one thing, but that notion is synonymous with spotting a unicorn or Sasquatch

Who said anything about him getting drafted?

Sep 26, 2018, 8:41 AM

He's not an NFL caliber QB but I think he'd much rather run the show somewhere instead of ride the bench at Clemson. Transferring gives him playing time.

Sep 25, 2018, 8:55 PM

I love Kelly B and have always rooted and pulled for him, but if this has to do with feeling bad for losing his starting position it does rub me the wrong way a little bit. I have no problem with him transferring for nothing other than playing one more year of the game he loves, but while you’re still on the team you need to show up for practice. There have been countless seniors that have lost playing time to the young phenoms that have come through this program. There are senior players on this team that are last on the depth chart and still go to work everyday.

He could be better on return, without all the pressure.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:04 PM

I hope he returns, and gets to play a lot. However, if he transfers, I wish him the best.

I support him regardless of what he decides to do.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:14 PM

But honestly, we don't need him in order to reach our goals this season, including a national championship.

Would we like his leadership, knowledge, and athleticism in case Lawrence gets hurt? Absolutely!

But we don't need him in order to have a successful season. He doesn't need to be guaranteed a specific number of plays or series. He doesn't need special packages designed for him. If he stays, it should be because it has been made clear to him that he is the backup, and will play in garbage time if appropriate.

Simply put, we are a much better team offensively - and thus, a much better team overall - with Trevor as our QB. Dabo did the right thing by naming Trevor the starter.

I hope Bryant stays. He has done a lot for our program. But I won't blame him one bit if he decides to transfer so he can play elsewhere. I would hope that everyone else here supports him and what he feels is best for himself and his future.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I support him regardless of what he decides to do.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

You are such a hater and yes we do need him. Shame on you

LOL how am I a hater?!?

Sep 25, 2018, 10:30 PM

I said that although we don't need him to be successful, it would be great to have him, and that I support him whatever he decides is best for him. That is as far from being a hater as one can be.

Haters criticize him for not going to practice these last two days, and call him a quitter if he transfers. I have done neither.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

LOL! You are a curmudgeon.***

Sep 26, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I support him regardless of what he decides to do. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I support him regardless of what he decides to do.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to I support him regardless of what he decides to do. ]

No we do need him on the team as a quality backup. He may even play more than a normal backup. Brice is not ready to be a backup . .if he ever will .

I would love for KB to remain as the backup QB.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:32 PM

But I disagree that he would be called upon to win a game for us in that scenario. Again, this is assuming that Lawrence stays healthy, which I believe he will.

As for Brice, I take the coaches at their word that we can win with him if necessary.

In case anyone hasn't seen the news this week, there have

Sep 25, 2018, 9:17 PM

already been about a dozen players in the last few days that have declared that they will sit out the remainder of their seasons to redshirt and transfer. The most notable is a very good WR at Oklahoma State who's in the school's top 10 in several career statistical categories. He said he's transferring because he isn't getting the ball enough this year.

This is all possible due to the new rule that allows players to play in up to 4 games, at any point during the season, and still be eligible to redshirt. Ironically i think it was primarily coaches lobbying for this rule change.

Has ANYONE - on ANY of these threads...

Sep 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

Realized that he was named second string.....FOR. ONE. GAME. ONLY.? Dabo didn't hand the keys to TL for the season....he gave him starting position for ONE GAME.

This is common today. Dabo said "best players wins the position" and apparently that's what happened.

No way KB retakes the starting role from Trevor.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:28 PM

Trevor is significantly more skilled and well-rounded as a QB. I appreciate Kelly, how hard he has worked, the way he has represented Clemson, and the many contributions he has made to our program. But Trevor is clearly the better QB and there is no chance KB wins back the starting job.

Not a good look at all... by KB that is

Sep 25, 2018, 9:29 PM

The QB position is like every other position. Nobody is entitled and the best player plays. Who says TL holds it? Maybe he falters...and if you ain’t up for competition then role out bruh

Sep 25, 2018, 9:38 PM

Happy our most talented QB is starting, but if KB rolls it could mean a huge blow to a potentially great year. You saw what Bama did taking out Tee and ET last year. You think that’s not firmly their game plan with TL as a true freshman if we see them again? Dabo needs to be at KBs dorm room tonight and as many nights as KB needs to feel the love!

Sep 25, 2018, 9:55 PM

Dabo should bring his knee pads also.

Two hours worth of posting, remarkable!

Sep 25, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Is it really worth it?

Re: Two hours worth of posting, remarkable!

Sep 26, 2018, 8:20 AM

Probably Not.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

I appreciate what KB has done and his choice for his future is his choice. I hope KB stays but personally I am leaning toward he doesn't. Subsequentlly, does anyone think he would have been 16 - 2 with the team talent between 2000 and 2012? Tee, ETN, Feaster, Cain, and the rest of the offense were controlled and handled by Alabama in the Sugar Bowl last year because they had a defensive game plan that understood the Tigers offense was basically one dimensional with KB at QB. When a defense can load up like that and the play calling is limited due to talent, then everyone on offense looks bad.
With the change to TL, now Ds have to respect everything across the field rather than between the tackles for the most part.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - KB2

Sep 25, 2018, 9:58 PM

Seriously, I think it was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy that he lost the starter job to TL because it got in his head and has been on display on his face all season long every time the camera has shown him. Anyone that hasn't been able to see how despondent he's looked on the sideline when TL has gone in is just blinded by their orange-tinted glasses.

I really appreciate KB and feel that it was an amazing feat to get us to the CFB Playoff last year, but KB has never really been a guy that exuded confidence. Rather, they always had to tell him to stop trying to be DW4, just be Kelly B.

And so he created this persona where he was always bouncing around, dancing, bobbing his head with headphones on looking care-free while warming up, but none of it felt legit like it did with Deshaun. He taught himself to do it, but it never came natural, which actually speaks volumes about his athleticism (meaning high level).

Anyways, like Dabo said, starter jobs are week to week, not handed out for the season. And I have to say, it disappoints me that KB gave up on it all so easily. But again, I think it's already in his head now and self-fulfilling.

Lastly, I'll just say that I really think he got it into his head that some how, some way, he was going to get drafted to the NFL as a QB and that was simply NEVER going to happen. I mean, for 2017, he had 13 TD passes and 8 INT's. It's remarkable that he took as far as he did, but that says a lot about our team as a whole.

It never really felt like we were winning last year. We just kept not losing enough to make it to the end.

Anyways, wish KB the best whatever he decides, but I REALLY hope he decides to stay because he could WIN back the job some weeks, be an integral component to the team that might make the difference if TL can't snap out of a Frosh cold streak, etc etc.

It would also be VERY smart for him to stay with Clemson and finish out with class. Because if he does, I have a strong feeling that Clemson University will take care of this young man going forward. But the NFL certainly isn't going to do it...he may have pipe dreams like the rest of us, but it ain't gonna happen (at least as QB).

Re: Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - KB2

Sep 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

Every single thing you just said was 100% spot on. WOW. Cheers.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - KB2 ]

Gotta disagree with this statement - “KB has never really been a guy that exuded confidence”.

Thinking back to the VT, Scar and Miami games last year, I don’t see what issue you could have had with his confidence.

He was one of an elite group of Clemson QBs to have led his team to a conference championship.

Sep 26, 2018, 1:44 AM

Fair enough. KB's won some big-time games for us for sure.

But I guess I'm basing it mostly on the vibe he's been giving off so far this year where he's looked so stern or seems to be 'faking' confidence when the camera is on him. And as I said before, last year even the coaches spoke about the work they had to do building him up and convincing him to play his own style of QB rather than trying to replicate Deshaun, which he initially tried to do.

In contrast, so far TL has always had either a big smile on his face and looks like he is genuinely having fun and loves finally being at Clemson or has a look of concentration on his face, but never a look of self-doubt. Now, that might change a bit since he may find it's not so easy to be the first man up, especially if KB ditches the team leaving him without an experienced backup to lean on for advice and/or sub in for him if he can't find his rhythm in a game.

Team drama like that (if KB leaves) could potentially put a lot of unfair pressure on TL as well, discord or feelings of resentment toward him from some teammates or KB's friends. I hope that doesn't happen since it would be really bad for moral and assuredly affect the team as a whole.

Either way, I just hope that this situation resolves itself in a way that works out best for everyone involved as quickly as possible so that everyone, including KB, can see better days ahead and have something to work for that makes them happy.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - KB2 ]

Yeah especially the Kent St, Louisville, VT, FSU, Citadel, USuC and Miami games. Those were so close I nearly had a heart attack...

didnt need this distraction heading into the cuse game

Sep 25, 2018, 10:20 PM

bryant needs to suck it up

Re: didnt need this distraction heading into the cuse game

Sep 25, 2018, 10:37 PM

He was given one day off not two, assuming Dabo didn't okay another day. I never saw a team where players could skip a practice because they felt like it. Having said that I hope he stays. We need him in certain situations and as a back up.

Re: didnt need this distraction heading into the cuse game

Sep 25, 2018, 11:10 PM

Man this is Big Boy football and players move up and down the depth chart all the time, heck it even happens in middle school and high school it's the nature of the beast.

Clemson needs KB2 this season. It will take 2 QBs to win

Sep 26, 2018, 12:15 AM

a NC this year. And by 2, I mean TL16 and KB2, not CB. I like CB, but KB has the experience and skill set the Clemson will need in some of games this year. I feel bad for KB, but Dabo made the right decision - a tough decision. AND this is a team sport.

Just because TL16 is the starter for the next game, does not mean that KB2 won't be the starter for other games. And it certainly does not mean that Clemson does not need and appreciate KB2. I hope KB2 sees that this is a team sport, and that a team needs lots of role player.

GO TIGERS!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:30 AM

wow....you tigers are one injury away from Chase Brice. You better find a running game now because your offensive philosophy just changed 180 degrees. Your OC's aren't running the QB anymore!

Sep 26, 2018, 1:55 AM

We plan to beat Georgia with Hunter Renfrow at QB and Christian Wilkins at WR!

I'm guessing since you guys only had 185 yds on 40 attempts

Sep 26, 2018, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

bday

Sep 26, 2018, 3:17 AM

Do you think anyone else walks up to coach and says hey coach it's my bday so I won't be at practice today. Get the heck outta here lol nobody cares if it's your bday get to practice!

If KB transfers then it is his prerogative.

Sep 26, 2018, 6:58 AM

We good and he’s good. He gave his all and if he wants to take advantage of the redshirt rule, I think he should with everyone’s blessing. He doesn’t owe Clemson anything to sit the bench and hope to get back in the game. Third string moves up to second string and the band marches on. KB got his degree and earned the right to do whatever he wants. Behind him 100%.

Re: I'm guessing since you guys only had 185 yds on 40 attempts

Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 AM [ in reply to I'm guessing since you guys only had 185 yds on 40 attempts ]

T3Tiger said:

vs. Mizzou and we had 248 on 36, maybe we're not the ones that need to find a running game.

Good point but historically UGA knows how to power run the football. Clemson's offense is reliant on the QB's ability to move the chains with his feet.(or has been) I don't think for one instant that your coordinators are entertaining that possibility with Trevor. They will protect him and with good reason. That means your QB will no longer be one of the top rushers in your offense effectively changing the dynamics of your O.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:28 AM

Yesssss, and we have all the Right and very talented tools to make that change sufficiently !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 2018 and Clemson runs the HUNH spread...

Sep 26, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing since you guys only had 185 yds on 40 attempts ]

You may have heard of it. And you can run the ball very successfully out of it with RBs, not just the QB.

This isn't 1980 with Buck Belue and Herschel Walker lining up in the I.

Get with the times.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm guessing since you guys only had 185 yds on 40 attempts ]

Worry less about historically...right now, Travis Etienne sits higher than any one of your RB's in every rushing category there is. See below.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant misses second-straight Clemson practice ]

Find a running game? Have you not been paying attention, mutt?

Last I looked, there's a Clemson RB sitting higher than any Dawg running back is right now in every single rushing category:
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/750
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/907
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/469
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/7

Sep 26, 2018, 12:35 PM

Against the only quality defense you've played....ATM the tigers rushed for 115 yards. Guess who was your leading rusher? That's right Kelly Bryant 15 carries for 54 yards. Twice as many carries as ETN. I rest my case.

GOOD GRIEF

Sep 26, 2018, 8:04 AM

Didn't Dabo say that both TL and KB are still going to play qb, but that TL has earned the right to run out there first? I mean he said they are both going to play, so why would KB quit on something he has worked so hard for? I hope KB is up for the challenge, I don't think he will fold like a wet cardboard box at the first sign of adversity.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GOOD GRIEF

Sep 26, 2018, 8:22 AM

I took it that it was just this one game and if he were to stink it up then maybe kelly bryant starts the next game.

I think Kelly is a great person. Alabama gave everybody a blueprint on how to stop him

Sep 26, 2018, 8:21 AM

last year and he just can’t seem to overcome it yet. I hate it for him. He is a natural athlete and I still think he could play at the next level at about 4 other positions if he had more than 1 season to learn any of them.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

alabama?

Sep 26, 2018, 9:05 AM

Syracuse gave Alabama the roadmap on how to stop him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

Until we hear from Dabo, any conclusions are premature and speculative. Let’s reserve judgment until after Dabo addresses it today.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:29 AM

Maybe he's not the person everyone was giving him credit for. I think back on how Cole Stoudt dealt with DW.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:40 AM

Kelly's Bryant is a cry BABY.????

Replies: 116
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic